Is there something similar to Tuk.com in Chiang Mai?

muffy653

The first time I visited CM about 11 years ago, my wife's cousin took me to a 'mall' that sold all sorts of computer software at a very reasonable price.

I have visited Tuk.com in Pattaya a few times, but don't really want to make the trip there from Chiang Rai and was wondering if it is possible to buy iMac software in CM?

re

Icon

icon square has closed and is empty !

most of the shops seem to have moved to the ground floor of the old amorn repair department

which is down the soi to the left of the old icon building

see green arrow

dave2

post-42592-0-94052800-1421152857_thumb.j

post-42592-0-01754400-1421152912_thumb.j

post-42592-0-11724900-1421152957_thumb.j

post-42592-0-15263200-1421152991_thumb.j

• Like 1

Confusing as Tuk.com is a music download website. So I guess the Pattaya version is simply a name rip-off.

Computer centre Kad Suan Kaew but Panthip more likely.

Everyone in Pattaya knows Tuk.com, it is a huge discount IT centre over 5 floors, can get anything IT/phone related there – all at knock-off prices

re

Icon

most of the shops seem to have moved to the ground floor of the old amorn repair department

see green arrow

dave2

Thank you for the info, will check it out when I am in CM soon

Confusing as Tuk.com is a music download website. So I guess the Pattaya version is simply a name rip-off.

Everyone in Pattaya knows Tuk.com, it is a huge discount IT centre over 5 floors, can get anything IT/phone related there – all at knock-off prices

You must know other Tuk coms, because all the Tuk coms I have been ( Pattaya - Sriracha and Chonburi) are poor replica of an IT center where you can buy Knock off brands, but nothing decent, apart from at JIB store.

I've been looking just the other day for a Note 3, and from the whole phone floor there was exactly 1 ( one - uno ) shop that had a single Note 3 in stock in white color, and all the 399 other shops you went to would have to run to that particular shop to get that same phone.

You will understand that I got offered 25 different prices for that same phone laugh.png

Forgot to add, first thing they asked when inquired for a Samsung Note was, you want copy or original.

Edited by Anthony5

No.

Tuk Com is an English spelling of 'Tuek Com', where 'tuek' is just the Thai word for 'building' and 'Com' is short for Computer.

So, computer building. Writing it as Tuk.com is just somethign the OP did.

In Thai:

post-64232-0-61314400-1421168764.jpg

For reference: https://www.facebook.com/TukcomNews

Now we know; another Farang Assumption replaced by knowledge.

• Like 2

I am not looking for phones, tablets, etc. I want specific software regarding the graphic design/typography industry

You must know other Tuk coms, because all the Tuk coms I have been ( Pattaya - Sriracha and Chonburi) are poor replica of an IT center where you can buy Knock off brands, but nothing decent, apart from at JIB store.

I've been looking just the other day for a Note 3, and from the whole phone floor there was exactly 1 ( one - uno ) shop that had a single Note 3 in stock in white color, and all the 399 other shops you went to would have to run to that particular shop to get that same phone.

You will understand that I got offered 25 different prices for that same phone laugh.png

Forgot to add, first thing they asked when inquired for a Samsung Note was, you want copy or original.

No.

Tuk Com is an English spelling of 'Tuek Com', where 'tuek' is just the Thai word for 'building' and 'Com' is short for Computer.

So, computer building. Writing it as Tuk.com is just somethign the OP did.

In Thai:

attachicon.gif24421_570515219645203_1046163437_n.jpg

For reference: https://www.facebook.com/TukcomNews

Now we know; another Farang Assumption replaced by knowledge.

Probably why they use TukCom.com and not the Thai version to forward to their Facebook profile - just to avoid confusion. (-:

I am not looking for phones, tablets, etc. I want specific software regarding the graphic design/typography industry

So specifically you're looking for illegal software smile.png

• Like 1

re

Icon

see green arrow

dave2

Many thanks for the info Dave-saved me a trip across town. The closure must be fairly recent ; when I was there a couple of weeks ago it was pretty busy.

So Amorn has closed as well?? I always thought they had more customers actually buying stuff in Icon than you see in Promenada!.

Maybe yet another condo going up there???