buying a condo not bringing in the cash

Can I buy a condo but not bring the cash into Thailand just take it from my Thai account?

I never want to take the money out of Thailand at a later date.

I have a work permit do I need some proof of address from immigration? what else? Thanks In advance

To buy a condo in your name you must show an FET (foreign exchange) certificate. You could talk to your bank about a reduced cost out/in transfer of funds to get this certificate.

Some say that if you have a work permit then the department of labour can issue some sort of document that the land office will accept in lieu of an FET, but I dont know how true that is.

For the actual purchase you dont need any sort of visa or proof of address: just money and ID (passport), and the FET certificate.

To buy a condo in your name you must show an FET (foreign exchange) certificate. You could talk to your bank about a reduced cost out/in transfer of funds to get this certificate.

Some say that if you have a work permit then the department of labour can issue some sort of document that the land office will accept in lieu of an FET, but I dont know how true that is.

For the actual purchase you dont need any sort of visa or proof of address: just money and ID (passport), and the FET certificate.

I understand its the reply above ie if you have a work permit you dont have to transfer the funds, the land office have told my Wife this but they are asking for some paper with proof of address....or something, very vague with where she gets this from, some mention of immigration issuing the paper needed??? Wife called immigration and didnt get far, shell have to call them again, depends whose on the end of the phone but todays woman was 100% unhelpful.

Thanks for the replies

If you have a work permit you can buy a condo with the money already in your Thai bank account.

This is what the land office have told my Wife but they also ask for proof of address and its where to get this proof of address thats illuding her, they mentioned immigration but a call to them got nowhere.

Unless there is something very new that has changed that requires something from immigration then I do not know. I bought a place in December of last year. I needed a letter from the bank saying the money was in the stated account amount and I am taking this money to buy the stated condo. I needed a clearance letter that stated there was no debt on the condo I was buying and I needed a letter stating the thai/foreign ratio was at least 51/49.

I am not sure if you are buying outside of Bangkok and they are just trying to add to the run around.

If you have a work permit you can buy a condo with the money already in your Thai bank account.

This is what the land office have told my Wife but they also ask for proof of address and its where to get this proof of address thats illuding her, they mentioned immigration but a call to them got nowhere.

Immigration should supply you with a certificate of residence, valid for a month or two, which acts as proof of address (it has nothing to do with whether you are resident or not).

The cost varies between free and 500B, but it should be free.

You will find many references to this certificate in the main visa section of the forum.

Unless there is something very new that has changed that requires something from immigration then I do not know. I bought a place in December of last year. I needed a letter from the bank saying the money was in the stated account amount and I am taking this money to buy the stated condo. I needed a clearance letter that stated there was no debt on the condo I was buying and I needed a letter stating the thai/foreign ratio was at least 51/49.

Normally the vendor arranges the latter two items and is responsible for them.

For the letter from your bank, this is normally covered by the FET certificate and the importance of this is that it shows that the funds came from abroad. I dont think your bank is qualified to issue any other sort of document, nor do I see how it could be relevant.

Did you buy with funds earned locally from a job with a work permit?

Normally the vendor arranges the latter two items and is responsible for them.

For the letter from your bank, this is normally covered by the FET certificate and the importance of this is that it shows that the funds came from abroad. I dont think your bank is qualified to issue any other sort of document, nor do I see how it could be relevant.

Did you buy with funds earned locally from a job with a work permit?

This is the crux of the matter, been told "can do" by land office even if not permanent resident.

Maybe they mean "certificate of residence" like you need for opening a bank account or getting a driving licence.

That's my understanding as well from a couple of people who have already done it, but suppose the real answer will be if they sell their places and try and take the money out