Any problems with Thai mafia

allencostello

I have been to Thailand many times and have spoken to many expats who have been approached and have to pay money(mafia)to others. Even tho its not alot of baht it is putting me of starting a new life in Thailand as I know I would tell them to xxxxxx Question is how much % do I allow per month for police/mafia and no its not a bar....Or is it just rumors

Edited by Rooo
swearing

OP, where did you speak to the expats who gave you this information and where are/were you thinking of setting up business?

To be perfectly honest, assuming this isn't a troll post, you really aren't ready to start anything in Thailand with your current research and frame of mind.

I realize you may be a very successful, busy businessman, but you need to see for yourself instead of listening to secondhand information and asking for secondhand information on anonymous forums.

The above said, it really does depend on location if in the very unlikely event you are ever pestered by anyone.

I have been to Thailand many times and have spoken to many expats who have been approached and have to pay money(mafia)to others. Even tho its not alot of baht it is putting me of starting a new life in Thailand as I know I would tell them to xxxxxx Question is how much % do I allow per month for police/mafia and no its not a bar....Or is it just rumors

If you plan on running a business then there's no escaping the BIB. Otherwise its only the traffic cops you have to deal with.

Ive seen it in nong khai a thai mafia stood over me for 5 baht

Drunk,

You wouldn't know mafia if it flew up and bit you on the nose.

That wasn't mafia, it was a waitress.

Clearly all the alcohol has damaged that minuscule brain of yours. Have another drink.

• Like 1

Ive seen it in nong khai a thai mafia stood over me for 5 baht

Drunk,

You wouldn't know mafia if it flew up and bit you on the nose.

That wasn't mafia, it was a waitress.

Clearly all the alcohol has damaged that minuscule brain of yours. Have another drink.

rather three or four that you stop posting...