Non-o Vs Non-b

Some useful, if not confusing, information. But it doesn't answer my initial question:

If I enter with a Non-O visa, get a 1 year extension for "support thai wife", can I start a company? Or do I need to enter with a Non-B visa initially?

You can start as many companies, as you want to.

However, if you wish to work in such a company, you need a WP, which will be granted either under 'O' or 'B', as long as all other documents are in order.

You can start as many companies, as you want to.

However, if you wish to work in such a company, you need a WP, which will be granted either under 'O' or 'B', as long as all other documents are in order.

thanks :o - nice and straightforward. just what i was looking for in a response. So Non-O covers me for extension of stay, work, and company start-up. Duck #1 of many in a row. :D

Non-O is OK. The problem might start when you try to extent the visa which you have to do to extent the WP. Companies losing money are not popular with the Immigraton Dept. as you do not pay taxes.

If, however, you show how much VAT you paid, a transient tax :o , they are happy .

Non-O is OK. The problem might start when you try to extent the visa which you have to do to extent the WP. Companies losing money are not popular with the Immigraton Dept. as you do not pay taxes.

If, however, you show how much VAT you paid, a transient tax :o , they are happy .

If the company is a start up, this is not an issue. It is only after a two or three year history of a company losing money.

By the way you can even set up a company with no visa. When it comes to the work permit, this is when you need a non immigrant visa( any category except a "O-A" which is based on retirement.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Thanks Sunbelt. I was hoping you'd jump in and give me the "official" response. Exactly what I was looking for. I'm sure I'll be calling you at some point down the road to solicit your services for extension/WP/company.

You're welcome. See you soon.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com