Where to buy a small cheap piece of land?

Living in Thailand for 10 years. Have a 2 yr old Thai born half-Thai daughter.

Will be ready to retire a bit when she's 20.

I wouldn't mind buying a small 1/2 rai or rai of land somewhere along the Mekhong in the middle of nowhere. Loei would be nice. Would be for her, held in her mother's name until she's 18 or 20 as per the law. Then if I feel like it (and she allows me!) I could put a little shack on it for when I want to get away.

So, about how much would 1/2 to 1 rai of land (we would want it to be Nor Sor 3 or Nor Sor 3 gor titled with access to power and water.) cost along this area?

Or any other places in far-out places for ridiculously low prices per rai? I'd be interested in looking a little plots anywhere.

Cheers.

In Nakhon Pathom province, you can get 1 rai land for 350,000 to 400,000 baht. But its hard to buy only 1 rai, most have 3 rai up for sale, depends on your luck. 1 hour drive to Bangkok. These are farm land, getting the land ready to build a house will cost a bit to bring in dirt to fill the land up. Not a bad investment for folks who have the extra money to spare and rent the land back to farmers for 1000 to 1200 baht per month, since you don't have to do anything.

Access to power and water. I bought couple rais years ago for 250,000 to 350,000/rai but prices have gone up a little since there is a Central Salaya 20-30 minute drive away.

• Like 1

I don't think you can find ridiculously low priced land in Thailand unless something is wrong with it. I would recommend first that you decide where you are interested in buying land, then start looking around what prices are being paid for transactions, look at repossessed land that is up for auction which might be a little cheaper than market prices. But even farm land out in nowhere you pay 100,000 baht per rai these days.

I think for you location is important, especially since you have a long term focus, i.e. you would like your plot of land to appreciate in the long run, i.e. maybe an area that will become more popular in the future, i.e. where government may invest in the future by building infrastructure in the future etc. Personally I'm not sure if this is Loei but hey maybe there is something I'm not aware about.

• Like 1

I don't think you can find ridiculously low priced land in Thailand unless something is wrong with it. I would recommend first that you decide where you are interested in buying land, then start looking around what prices are being paid for transactions, look at repossessed land that is up for auction which might be a little cheaper than market prices. But even farm land out in nowhere you pay 100,000 baht per rai these days.

I think for you location is important, especially since you have a long term focus, i.e. you would like your plot of land to appreciate in the long run, i.e. maybe an area that will become more popular in the future, i.e. where government may invest in the future by building infrastructure in the future etc. Personally I'm not sure if this is Loei but hey maybe there is something I'm not aware about.

There is plenty of ridiculously low priced land in Thailand. You even gave an example. As for future development plans, if these were known about the land would already have risen in price. If not known about, it's just guesswork. Better for the OP to buy land somewhere he likes and not worry about appreciation. Don't forget that when the Mekong floods, you land might flood as well.

• Like 1

Rajhulmaheesh, on 17 Jan 2015 - 18:10, said:

Just advertise in an English Thai paper i bet you would get loads of offer to purchase cheap land in the middle of nowhere.......................hahaha!

Imagine if you invest $100 in a good mutual every month for years for your daughter- she could buy land that she actually use.

Aberdeen is taking care of that. :)

It's just a small throw-away plot, perhaps build (or more likely get a little prefab abode ) on it as a little getaway.

h_7.jpgh_8.jpg