extension of stay for multi non o marriage

Hi ubonjoe,

I am currently waiting for my work permit. I have my letter from edu ministry. My non o multiple 3 months is due next week. Can i go to chaengwatta and get a 30 day extension of stay,so i don't have to leave the country?

Can i do it on the day,or do I have to leave documents and collect at a later date?

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

You can apply for a 60 extension of stay to visit your wife. She will need to go with you when you apply for it.

You will need your marriage certificate plus a copy and copies of your wife's house book and ID card.

They may also want want proof of residence unless you are living where your wife's house book is for.

From Police order 138/2557

2.24 In the case of visiting a spouse or children who are of Thai nationality:
Each permission shall be granted for no more than 60 days.

1. Application form.
2. Copy of applicant’s passport.
3. Copy of household registration certificate.
4. Copy of national ID card of the person having Thai nationality.
5. Copy of a marriage certificate or copy of a birth certificate.

Thanks a lot for prompt reply.. Do you know how long it will take to authorize the 60 day extension? I dont want to leave my passport with them for too long,as I will need it soon as my work permit is issued( approx 2 weeks from today)to apply for 1 year extension ,based on work permit.

Thanks

If you are extending your visa based on work permit and not money in the bank, be prepared that you need a tax statement showing that you earn more than 40k a month. I went 2 years ago after getting a job but I just started the job. My pay was above and had the contract to prove it, but they required a tax statement. You don't get a tax statement until you have worked for 3 months. They did switch over my reason to stay for work though instead of marriage.