Israel paper cuts Merkel from Paris march photo for modesty

Lite Beer

They would if I lived in Hackney, London, ohh and I'm very chilled thanks, coldest it's been in Thailand for a long time!

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5862320

Don't go there. Sorted. You seem obsessed about this. Kind of weird considering the tiny amount of real estate in the entire world where ultra religious Jews are concentrated.

I am not particularly interested in defending religious fanatics of any faith, including Jewish ones, when they bother people who don't share their fanaticism. I just don't see that there are many people in the world really impacted by them and anyone can easily avoid their neighborhoods as we're not talking about a large number of people relative to global population. Now if people want to be fanatic "among themselves" I see no problem with that at all. Being American I was raised to respect RELIGIOUS FREEDOM as a very important value, and also freedom of NO RELIGION (less popular in the U.S. but that's too bad).

Edited by Jingthing

having some friends from Israel,they told me that Ultra-Orthodox dudes spit at female soldiers and women in general...as the one who spat at a 7 years old girl...because he found her provocative

You won't meet a more pro-Israel person than me but I have to say the Haredi Jews make me sick. There more medieval than most Muslims in their beliefs and their bigotry

Well, I don't want to party with them either, but they definitely have too much political power in Israel because even though a minority they wield clout in COALITION governments in Israel's parliamentary system.

Agreed. The Haredi are also a huge part of the problem for piece with their "provocative "settlements" up and down the west bank but that's another story. I'm of the opinion and "ultra" brand of religion is going to be inflammatory. I lived in Israel for many years as my second wife was Israeli and I've had more than one run in with these smelly nutters from the ultra-orthodox variety!

• Like 2

They would if I lived in Hackney, London, ohh and I'm very chilled thanks, coldest it's been in Thailand for a long time!

Don't go there. Sorted. You seem obsessed about this. Kind of weird considering the tiny amount of real estate in the entire world where ultra religious Jews are concentrated.
I'm not obsessed. Stop deflecting. My posts are in direct reply to yours in relation to changes that they want to make similar to Muslim signs put up about no alcohol etc.

you seem to be post chopping to meet your agenda.

Never mind!

And honestly why should I avoid a neighborhood in my own country!!!!

I can and will avoid that neighborhood in Israel but we aren't talking Israel we are talking about a London suburb!

Edited by casualbiker

Just as crazy as their Arab cousins!!bah.gif

They are crazy, as in extremely conservatively ultra religious, I agree.

They represent a minority of Jews.

They aren't about to mass murder Arabs just for being Arabs shopping for humous in Paris.

They aren't about to mass murder magazine publishers for printing offensive to Jews cartoons in Paris either (which BTW Charlie Hebdo has indeed done)

The global threat to modern civilization is ISLAMIC JIHAD ... not a small number of over the top black hat Jews.

The latter about are about threatening to the world as Amish people in Pennsylvania using horses and buggies instead of cars.

More like QUAINT.

really, so how will you explain away the mass murders committed by Baruch Goldstein, his actions were fully supported by conservative ultra religious Jews

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baruch_Goldstein

Obviously this was not a normal person and it was shocking. But how about we do this; You write down a list of atrocities by ultra-orthodox Haredi and I'll write a list of atrocities by Muslims and see who has the longest list?

• Like 2

I'm not obsessed. Stop deflecting. My posts are in direct reply to yours in relation to changes that they want to make similar to Muslim signs put up about no alcohol etc.

Never mind!

I can and will avoid that neighborhood in Israel but we aren't talking Israel we are talking about a London suburb!

I wouldn't want you to have to avoid any neighborhood. As you're a Brit perhaps work to make such things signs (for any and all religious groups) illegal. I would support you on that. But really, if this is a problem in your personal life that some small area has such signs. I don't believe you.

Edited by Jingthing

Obviously this was not a normal person and it was shocking. But how about we do this; You write down a list of atrocities by ultra-orthodox Haredi and I'll write a list of atrocities by Muslims and see who has the longest list?

That is not the way it works. If an apologist can find a few Jewish nuts or loony Christian fundamentalists to point to, it is supposed to suggest that all of them are as evil as millions of radical Muslims that support terrorism. That is the definition of moral equivalence.

• Like 1

That is not the way it works. If an apologist can find a few Jewish nuts or loony Christian fundamentalists to point to, it is supposed to suggest that all of them are as evil as millions of radical Muslims that support terrorism. That is the definition of moral equivalence.

I had to re-read your post, I al,ost got the wrong end of the stick for a moment... Muslims account for 23% of the World's population yet account for 95% of the World news. Almost 100% of the World's violence and terrorism is down to Muslims. Okay, they are mad radical extreme types (personally I don't think they are true to Islam but use it as an excuse to reap chaos and slaughter but that's a different conversation) but it's all in the name of "Muhamed", they say.. How can anybody compare that to one Haredi who went rogue? Seems to me there's something inherently wrong with either the religion or the people? It would be nonsense to lay claim that all Muslims are the same but the moderate ones are in fear of the radicals it seems (and maybe with good reason). It needs more people like al sisi to speak up because the whole radical thing is maintained by Islamic countries and their hate speeches against the west. .. Blimey, a one line reply turning into an epic!

They aren't about to mass murder Arabs just for being Arabs shopping for humous in Paris.

They aren't about to mass murder magazine publishers for printing offensive to Jews cartoons in Paris either (which BTW Charlie Hebdo has indeed done)

The global threat to modern civilization is ISLAMIC JIHAD ... not a small number of over the top black hat Jews.

The latter about are about threatening to the world as Amish people in Pennsylvania using horses and buggies instead of cars.

More like QUAINT.

But I think you could say the same about Muslims... it is only a minority who are not prepared to live in peace with others who may see things differently.

Edited by Basil B
  • Like 1

having some friends from Israel,they told me that Ultra-Orthodox dudes spit at female soldiers and women in general...as the one who spat at a 7 years old girl...because he found her provocative

You won't meet a more pro-Israel person than me but I have to say the Haredi Jews make me sick. There more medieval than most Muslims in their beliefs and their bigotry

Well, I don't want to party with them either, but they definitely have too much political power in Israel because even though a minority they wield clout in COALITION governments in Israel's parliamentary system.

Agreed. The Haredi are also a huge part of the problem for piece with their "provocative "settlements" up and down the west bank but that's another story. I'm of the opinion and "ultra" brand of religion is going to be inflammatory. I lived in Israel for many years as my second wife was Israeli and I've had more than one run in with these smelly nutters from the ultra-orthodox variety!

For the most part, those reading the newspaper in question are not the hardcore of illegal settlers. That would be (again, mostly) another group. Relationships between the two are not always that great, especially not after the last elections. Easy to confuse at times.

• Like 1

More like QUAINT.

But I think you could say the same about Muslims... it is only a minority who are not prepared to live in peace with others who may see things differently.

Except for Orthodox Jews not playing a central role in international terrorism.

Could be the outfit. Kinda makes them easy to spot.

• Like 2

Israel paper cuts Merkel from Paris march photo for modesty So what? Who cares?

Yep. These orthodox types are weird about separating the sexes. But the good news is that if you're an Orthodox Jew and you decide to leave that you won't be murdered for that (but no, it won't be pleasant either). Unlike a large portion of the Islamic world that openly supports apostasy.

Israel paper cuts Merkel from Paris march photo for modesty So what? Who cares?

Yep. These orthodox types are weird about separating the sexes. But the good news is that if you're an Orthodox Jew and you decide to leave that you won't be murdered for that (but no, it won't be pleasant either). Unlike a large portion of the Islamic world that openly supports apostasy.

I had a weird orthodox guy coming to my classes in London back in the mid 90's. He wouldn't train with a female training partner, wouldn't take instruction from my wife (ex-wife) who was the first and highest graded female instructor in Europe, wouldn't bow together with me and the class as he reckons his Rabbi told him he couldn't. I binned him eventually when I found out he was trying to work an insurance scam (injury in training). They won't sit next to women on flights etc I was so happy when a cheap flight opened to Tel Aviv which meant I never had to sit next to one going home each month with B.A.!!

Never mind!

I wouldn't want you to have to avoid any neighborhood. As you're a Brit perhaps work to make such things signs (for any and all religious groups) illegal. I would support you on that. But really, if this is a problem in your personal life that some small area has such signs. I don't believe you.

You keep throwing this back at me as if I have a personal problem. Not sure why!

Those signs do break the law (and any like them) it's why they were taken down. It still doesn't make it right that an extreme religious group put them up in a public place in the first place. That's the point!

Extremism is extremism no matter the religion / faith.

Nothing new. Netanyahu edited out Abbas.

bi.jpg

"E La Nave Va" - a nice movie it was. Meaning something like ' And the ship must go on'.

The faces you see (with maybe one exception) - are faces of people primarily responsible for terrorism in Europe.

They and their ilk are collectively responsible for future thousands if not millions more lives of innocent people on both sides of Islam vs West coming war.

The war that should never had happen but is inevitable now that 45 M Muslims are in Europe.

BTW, do you see the face of Russian Minister of Foreign Affairs? Of course not! He wasn't 'honoured' to be next to Merkel, Hollande & Co.

Fair enough, Russia and Crimea are not at peak of popularity in the West just now.

My thoughts however are about the upcoming war on terror in Europe. And I think Lavrov could have been more helpful than Abbas. Methinks.

Or should I say less harmful?

Edited by ABCer

Nothing new. Netanyahu edited out Abbas.

bi.jpg

"E La Nave Va" - a nice movie it was. Meaning something like ' And the ship must go on'.

The faces you see (with maybe one exception) - are faces of people primarily responsible for terrorism in Europe.

They and their ilk are collectively responsible for future thousands if not millions more lives of innocent people on both sides of Islam vs West coming war.

The war that should never had happen but is inevitable now that 45 M Muslims are in Europe.

BTW, do you see the face of Russian Minister of Foreign Affairs? Of course not! He wasn't 'honoured' to be next to Merkel, Hollande & Co.

Fair enough, Russia and Crimea are not at peak of popularity in the West just now.

My thoughts however are about the upcoming war on terror in Europe. And I think Lavrov could have been more helpful than Abbas. Methinks.

Or should I say less harmful?

Both Abbas and Netnayahu were discouraged from attending, as the French wanted to stress unity rather than conflict.

Abbas was re-invited after Netanyahu decided to arrive regardless. In the same way, Abbas was sort of moved to the front, after Netanyahu shoved his way through.

I would hazard a guess that you do not actually know all the people appearing in the picture, and not even most of them.

Easy to understand why there are so few Jews compared to Christians and Muslims

Who wants to dress like ZZTop and smack their head against a wall? w00t.gif

Smacking heads against a wall doesn't seem to result in violent psychosis the same way as smacking the head against the floor does. Whereas crawling along the floor pushing a pea round a temple with your nose (seven times) seems to result in self-immolation, if the Tibetans are anything to go by.
  • Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Just as crazy as their Arab cousins!! alt=bah.gif>

More like QUAINT.

Nonetheless they are still IDIOTS and IF they were in the majority they would be just as rabid about pushing their religious views on everyone else, albeit hopefully short of murder.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Just as crazy as their Arab cousins!! alt=bah.gif>

More like QUAINT.

Nonetheless they are still IDIOTS and IF they were in the majority they would be just as rabid about pushing their religious views on everyone else, albeit hopefully short of murder.

Everyone else? That's rubbish. Perhaps that is true in the tiny portion of real estate in the world where they are concentrated. However, there is simply no comparison to Islamic fundamentalist religious fanatics just based on numbers alone and also intent. Jewish religious fanatics might want to intimidate other Jews to be more like them, but that's it. That's much less than 1 percent of the world's population and not going up, compared to Muslims getting into BILLIONS of people. Islamic extremists think the entire world should be converted to Islam and follow their extremist vision of Islamic law ... or else. Get the differences?

Edited by Jingthing

More like QUAINT.

One of the big theats to modern civilisation is indeed crazy Islamic Jihad.

Another of the the big threats to the world is crazy Israeli Zionism with nuclear weapons.

Teatree.

Do not take me wrong. Nukes shouldn't have been even discovered. But there are facts of life and we have to live with them.

The facts are as follows:

USA, GB, France, Russia, China, India, Pakistan, Israel, N.Korea, Taiwan and Switzerland have nukes. (Some of them may deny it, but... this is what I believe in).

The "crazy Israeli Zionism" you mention were attacked twice by superior armed forces, but kept their cool, kicked their butt and didn't use their nukes.

Proposition 1: Maybe those bloody Jews are not so crazy as you suggest?

Proposition 2: Give the "crazy Islamic Jihad" you mention a tiny nuke and see what happens?

Proposition 3: If you survive the consequences of Proposition 2 you might become a fan of Israeli Zionism.

Personally I do not like any crazy lot - neither Zionists nor Jihadists.

But I am very far from seeing them as equal threat to the World like you do.

• Like 1

Both Abbas and Netnayahu were discouraged from attending, as the French wanted to stress unity rather than conflict...................

So the authorities sought to stress unity by underlining disunity by discouraging them from coming.

It's almost as silly as how this was skewed into a free speech / free expression issue, quickly followed by the arrest of a troublesome comedian who said something offensive.

Abbas was sort of moved to the front, after Netanyahu shoved his way through.

I would hazard a guess that you do not actually know all the people appearing in the picture, and not even most of them.

On the day during the live broadcast I also noticed. Initially my assumption for Netanyahu not being visible at the very start of the walk was that it was more to do with security (not exactly mr popular in paris) but once he did appear at the front, Abbas miraculously ended up at the front somehow after being in the second line. Both re-arrangements were something I missed and was maybe off camera.

Both Abbas and Netnayahu were discouraged from attending, as the French wanted to stress unity rather than conflict...................

So the authorities sought to stress unity by underlining disunity by discouraging them from coming.

It's almost as silly as how this was skewed into a free speech / free expression issue, quickly followed by the arrest of a troublesome comedian who said something offensive.

Abbas was sort of moved to the front, after Netanyahu shoved his way through.

On the day during the live broadcast I also noticed. Initially my assumption for Netanyahu not being visible at the very start of the walk was that it was more to do with security (not exactly mr popular in paris) but once he did appear at the front, Abbas miraculously ended up at the front somehow after being in the second line. Both re-arrangements were something I missed and was maybe off camera.

I was not expressing support or admiration for the French point of view. Rather, it was more an issue of it being their home court so up to them to make the rules. Due to past experience with Netanyahu, in similar circumstances, they had every reason to fear he will use the occasion to promote his election campaign by airing opposite views to theirs. That this could be seen as ironic considering the freedom of speech angle, sure. But then again, politicians were ever a source of inspiration to cartoonists, so might as well say that the whole show was ironic.

Netanyahu being placed in the back was more to do with the manner of his arrival (crashed the party late). There are different clips showing how he elbowed his way to the front (the security guy behind him does not look pleased) and this was widely covered in a less than positive light, by media both in Israel and abroad. Abbas being moved forward was somewhat more discreet and indeed, attracted less attention.

<snip>Netanyahu being placed in the back was more to do with the manner of his arrival (crashed the party late). There are different clips showing how he elbowed his way to the front (the security guy behind him does not look pleased) and this was widely covered in a less than positive light, by media both in Israel and abroad. Abbas being moved forward was somewhat more discreet and indeed, attracted less attention. <snip>

I see. I guess his Sayeret Maktal 'moves' helped him get to the front. tongue.png

Plenty of opportunism was on display that day I agree.

I kept noticing how hollande was looking up at the roofs all the time with a worried expression, perhaps checking the placed snipers were on the ball.

I also noticed Netanyahu waving upwards with a smile at 'something / someone' a lot as if returning praising waves or comments.

I wondered if they even existed at all, or that they may have been condemnatory calls from above that he was winding up with an appreciative smile. giggle.gif