AIS Fiber PPPoE username extension?

AgentSmith

Today we got AIS fiber. The mechanic who seemed very knowledgeable put the modem in bridge mode on our request so we can use our own router with all its functions. This way we avoid ugly double NAT. But the PPPoE username and password he provided us with don't work.

I'm guessing he forgot the @extension for the username because it's only 10 numbers and nothing else. I know with TOT usernames are the landline phone number with @tothome attached to it. I tried @ais but that doesn't work. Could someone provide me with the right extension please? Thanks a lot.

Turns out the mechanic forgot to switch the modem to bridge mode. It's working fine for some time now. The username and password he gave us are good.

I'm out of the country for a while so I can't do a speed test. But when I did one to a sever in Bangkok it reached over 15 Mbps, the speed we are paying for. Weird enough upload speed is higher and often more than 20 Mbps. Maybe a misconfiguration to our advantage. :)

Someone at home did a speed test to Amsterdam. Download was over 10 Mbps, upload about 5 Mbps. My guess is with faster subscriptions these numbers would also be much higher. Very decent for what you pay for it. But more important than speed I think is reliability of the connection. We'll see how it holds up in 2015. So far it's a promising start.

Edited by AgentSmith