72 Lao women rescued from prostitution dens in Suphan Buri

webfact

72 Lao women rescued from prostitution dens
By Coconuts Bangkok

pavena.jpg

SUPHAN BURI: -- Authorities rescued 72 Lao women from four prostitution dens in Suphan Buri last night following a tip submitted by a 15-year-old victim.

The Pavena Foundation together with Anti Human Trafficking Division raided four karaoke bars last night in Suphan Buri’s Song Phi Nong district and rescued 72 women, aged 13 to 20, who were lured into prostitution.

The raid followed the tip submitted by one of the victims to Pavena Foundation, which offers assistance to women and children.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2015/01/15/72-lao-women-rescued-prostitution-dens

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-01-15

• Like 2

Authorities rescued 72 Lao women from four prostitution dens---OP

All they have to do now is rescue about 1.2 million* Thai women from their dens, & we can all immigrate to the Philippines.

*The figure 1.2 million is a statistic that i have just conjured out of the air,

& like so many of the posts on Thai.Visa has no real basis in any reality.

other than in my addled mind-------I want it to be, ergo it is

Edited by digbat
  • Like 2

...let's hope that the world doesn't turn a blind eye.....this is just too much....

...13-year olds in prostitution.....

...and the headline reads 'women'......

...is that the opinion of the journalist or the newspaper it was published in......???

Edited by SOTIRIOS
  • Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Interesting that, Uncle Too has not uttered one syllable about this racketeering.

Afraid to face facts, un-elected PM?

Or would that be losing face? wai2.gif.pagespeed.ce.goigDuXn4XwDTX7uci alt=wai2.gif width=20 height=20> wai.gif.pagespeed.ce.ptXUXgG4cAx1lGI2wn7 alt=wai.gif width=20 height=20>

Sorry, are you suggesting he is in someway to blame for the rampant prostitution in LOS? Anyhting done to tackle this wonderful example of Thainess is fine with me.

Thai run prostitution dens, using underage Loa girls were uncovered by NVader investigators some months ago. Nvader is a New Zealand based Non-Profit Organization that combats sex trafficking through professional investigations and targeted interventions. The prostitution dens were exposed by NVader and reported to the Thai Police. It was the subject of a documentary shown in New Zealand. The investigators appear to be mostly ex New Zealand Policemen, working in association with Thai Nationals in areas like Bangkok and Pattaya. Whilst sex traffickers can be tracked down with relative ease, it is not so easy to get the Thai Police to act, and as was shown in the documentary corrupt Thai welfare officers or the police, are happy to tip off offenders/Thai mafia before the raid took place.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Interesting that, Uncle Too has not uttered one syllable about this racketeering.

Or would that be losing face? wai2.gif.pagespeed.ce.goigDuXn4XwDTX7uci alt=wai2.gif width=20 height=20> wai.gif.pagespeed.ce.ptXUXgG4cAx1lGI2wn7 alt=wai.gif width=20 height=20>

Sorry, are you suggesting he is in someway to blame for the rampant prostitution in LOS? Anyhting done to tackle this wonderful example of Thainess is fine with me.

I'm not suggesting anything.

I'm stating: The un-elected PM has not uttered one syllable about this sordid underbelly of Thainess.

Nothing. Nada.

whistling.gif

patOngo hinted in his post earlier about maybe the U.S. taking note of this in relation to Thailand taking steps towards curbing human trafficing...yesterday we had 4 pick-up loads of people stopped by the powers-that-be (& was it the 2 drivers arrested)..today it's 72 Laos women have been liberated..sorry but to me these headlines/news-stories seem made up..they've been fabricated to hit the media & send a message over to the U.S.

I may be wrong about this, but let's see if another story down the same lines as these last two surfaces within a week or so..??

• Like 1

13 years old??? and tipped off by a 15 year old victim, so sad.

Hope they find the ring leader of the gang and serve proper punishment.

But I know asking for proper judgement here is merely a wish that will never come true.

So much to Thainess

If you had been in Bangkok 30 years ago, you would have seen many young girls in the bar areas, 14/15/16, nearly all Soi Cowboy bars had girls this age. It would have been more difficult to find a girl over 20.

However, on Laos girls in the upcountry brothel scene, it's a given that local patrons like them young, virgins are offered for 10000 baht plus.The girls stay about a year and are allowed home to Laos every couple of months. They are not sex slaves, and can turn down any customer they don't like the look of. I know nothing about the Karaoke scene. The popular brothel girls will save a couple of hundred thousand baht in a year. Most of the brothels in Udon Thani and Nong Khai have been closed down in the last year.

• Like 1

Not 'rampant prostitution' just the 'forced prostitution' would be bad enough.

I've met a 14 year Laos old who worked in one of these Thai brothels, she was there by her own choice and had no issues with working there. Crazy but true. Not saying other girls aren't forced, manipulated or raped.

In addition everyone knows where the brothels are, in fact they're 100m down the road from a police station.

One of the persistent issues with Thai authorities is that they classify such people as "kidnap" victims. Therefore, they cannot be considered victims of human trafficking. but I'm sure the USA will understand the difference.

Wherever there are men who want women this will always occur.

The Uk and Europe is rife with sexual slavery, as is Australia.

You would have to be a fool to think the US and Canada are not as well. Anywhere there is mafia..there are women being trafficked.

...let's hope that the world doesn't turn a blind eye.....this is just too much....

...13-year olds in prostitution.....

...and the headline reads 'women'......

...is that the opinion of the journalist or the newspaper it was published in......???

Read what Daish (ISIS) say about this.

It is not permitted to take a prebuscent slave...unless she is ready.

Ok as long as a four year old is ready it's ok.

Some 60 Laotian, Myanmar prostitutes rounded up in Suphan Buri

BANGKOK: -- Nearly 60 Laotian and Myanmar prostitutes were arrested at three karaoke bars in Suphan Buri following police raids on Wednesday night.

They were aged between 18 and 22, Anti-Human Trafficking Division deputy commander Colonel Worapong Thongpaiboon revealed Thursday.

Source: http://www.nationmul...--30251960.html

Some 60 Laotian, Myanmar prostitutes rounded up in Suphan Buri

BANGKOK: -- Nearly 60 Laotian and Myanmar prostitutes were arrested at three karaoke bars in Suphan Buri following police raids on Wednesday night.

They were aged between 18 and 22, Anti-Human Trafficking Division deputy commander Colonel Worapong Thongpaiboon revealed Thursday.

Source: http://www.nationmul...--30251960.html

60 women rounded up

or 60 prostitutes rounded up

hell of a difference.