Aeroflot experience

prepress

Has anybody recently flown with Aeroflot?

Yes, just a few month ago.

The food they served, I think, one needs to be unaccustomed to. I didn't like it at all. The rest was fine, no different from other economy class experiences around the world. Areoflot is a member of the Star Alliance and the service and quality of the airline is not really different from other members.

Stop over in Moscow was nothing special and unlike other hubs it's not too gigantic. Russian border police seems rather "robotic" and partly helpless in terms of figuring out why there is no valid visa for those who accidentally end up in the queue for "Entry/Arrival" rather "Transit/Transfer"...

Beyond the control of the airline, my flight had to make an emergence stop in India as one passenger had a heart attack. The subsequent delay meant that I had missed my connection, but they immediately sorted out an alternative flight. I arrived at my final destination with merely 1.5 hours delay.

Edited by Morakot

I flew with Aeroflot last november from Brussels to BKK via Moscow.

As Mokarot said, there is not much difference with any other European company, the plane was fairly new, the food was ok, i liked their coffee.

They do have some interesting rates.

The only drawback would be the stopover in the Moscow airport which is old fashioned.

Has anybody recently flown with Aeroflot?

Yes, just a few month ago.

The food they served, I think, one needs to be unaccustomed to. I didn't like it at all. The rest was fine, no different from other economy class experiences around the world. Areoflot is a member of the Star Alliance and the service and quality of the airline is not really different from other members.

They're actually in Sky Team.. I don't think there is a Russian Star Alliance member.

A friend of mine who's a bit of a cheapskate flew with them last year to Europe.

Immediately after his arrival he cancelled the return.

Yermanee wai.gif

What would be the reason to cancel a return flight? As far as I know, no refund is possible if the outboung leg was taken anyway.

A friend of mine who's a bit of a cheapskate flew with them last year to Europe.

Yermanee wai.gif

What would be the reason to cancel a return flight? As far as I know, no refund is possible if the outboung leg was taken anyway.

If you look up reviews of Aeroflot, you'll see why. Plus, the quality of the passengers can be an issue.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/russia/7800801/Aeroflot-bans-alcohol-on-its-flights.html

Russian national flag carrier Aeroflot has banned the sale of alcohol on selected long-distance flights in an attempt to end alcohol-fuelled violence and debauchery.

http://www.airlineratings.com/passenger-reviews/58/aeroflot

• Like 2

Aeroflot is a member of the Star Alliance and the service and quality of the airline is not really different from other members.

They're actually in Sky Team.. I don't think there is a Russian Star Alliance member.

Thanks. Yes, you're correct. They are in SkyTeam.

Russian national flag carrier Aeroflot has banned the sale of alcohol on selected long-distance flights in an attempt to end alcohol-fuelled violence and debauchery.

Reminds me of the "good old times" when flying with LOT (Polish airline).

The flight attendants distributed sixpacks of beer to save some miles of walking blink.png

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

Yermanee wai.gif

One of the reasons was (amongst others) that he arrived in Moscow with puke from the passenger sitting next to him all over his trousers.

Yermanee wai.gif

Yermanee wai.gif

One of the reasons was (amongst others) that he arrived in Moscow with puke from the passenger sitting next to him all over his trousers.

Yermanee wai.gif

Is that the fault of the airline?

Yermanee wai.gif

Yermanee wai.gif

Is that the fault of the airline?

Would you run the risk again after such an experience ?

And does it matter who's to blame.

My friend decided it was his own fault in booking with Aeroflot after having been advised not to.

Yermanee wai.gif

• Like 1

Coincidentally the Bangkok-Moscow flight is one of Aeroflot's dry flights. We took it 2 years ago and found it very peaceful indeed. Out of 4 legs we only had 1 bad experience and that wasn't really the airline's fault. Sadly our, then, 19 month old daughter decided that flying wasn't quite as great as she'd originally thought and, at the same time, we got stuck in the middle of a 4 as that was the only bassinet seat left for us. One of the more uncomfortable journeys I have ever taken.

I will always, proudly, fly the cheapest carrier (with a couple of exceptions including Air India and anybody flying into a warzone...Ukraine Air) and laugh every time they say "Thank you for choosing us". I chose you because you were the cheapest flight with a layover under 3 hours in length!

In short Aeroflot were fine. You don't get to keep the seat and we arrived on time....alive!

• Like 2

bag_0147.gif

(Click image to enlarge)

Courtesy of sicksack.com

Edited by Morakot

Reminds me of the "good old times" when flying with LOT (Polish airline).

The flight attendants distributed sixpacks of beer to save some miles of walking blink.png

That is what I call great service! So you have she need to walk to me only 2-3 times in a 12 hour flight. Negative is that the beer gets warm.

• Like 1

I haven't flown Aeroflot since about 1999 when I flew LHR-BKK-LHR. I have to say that it was far and away the worst flight(s) I have ever experienced, and I swore I would never again fly with them.

Granted, they were cheap, and had the added bonus of being one of the few airlines that still had a smoking section at that time, but everything else was terrible. The London-Moscow legs weren't too bad, but the flight to Bangkok and back was in ancient jumbo jets - the plane on the return leg was appalling - the fabric on the seat backs had worn through and the sponge filler was poking out, the plastic shroudings on the aisle side of the seats was broken and jagged and the carpet was like the carpet you used to find just by the bar in a spit'n'sawdust pub - sticky and stinking. The stewardesses were rude and unhelpful (and ugly, to boot) and the food was inedible. Awful.

I'm sure they must have changed for the better in the intervening 15 odd years, but I very much doubt I would ever use them again. I stick to the Middle East airlines now. New aircraft, good service (even in economy) and edible food. I've used Qatar the last couple of trips as the stopover times coming from Athens are good. Just a couple of hours, which is enough time to have a coffee and stretch the legs a bit - breaks the journey up nicely.

Do they still have smoking sections on their flights?

Just wondering , as if they do they are probably the only airline that does.

Or am I wrong?

In a word no. But oddly I have noticed every flight I have been on the toilet doors have an ash tray!

Staggering that ANY alcohol is served on a flight.

The time when this banned is drawing near I feel. Unfortunately for those of us who look forward to a drink on a long journey, it seems that the writing is on the wall that it will become less accepted due to the morons who decide to regress to cavemen after a few and start assaulting people. Edited by soihok

Flew with them a couple of years back, Moscow airport is run down, smoking areas are open so if you are a non smoker tough. Airplane okay, upon landing and before even reaching the gate people were at the doors queuing to get out, due to a short delay in Moscow that we had for De-icing.