Any CX-5 face lift introduced in Thailand this year?

• 3 months later...

Looking at replacing the old chariot with the "All New 2015 CX-5"

any one talk to the sales guys at the motor show or know any info when it will be released locally?

• 3 weeks later...

BUMP.

Any news on whether the minor change CX5 is coming to Thailand? Assuming it is - any ideas when? Mazda Thailand sales staff are the last people to know. I'm hoping that since the CX3 looks like it's going to launch here around September (based on Thai blogs with pics taken this month of CX3 on the road somewhere near Bangkok) maybe they'll launch the updated CX5 at the same time.

I sat in the new model (in Singapore, where it's imported from Japan) and the interior is, IMO, way better in terms layout and 'quality feel' than the current model.

With the minor change CRV and new X-Trail both on the market in Thailand Mazda must be losing ground. You'd hope that would spur them to bring in the new CX5 but I doubt if logic plays a part in the thought process.

the real change needed is to the abysmal head unit for the entertainment system.

Wait for that, at least - from the current blue screen version with a cd slot (!) and small screen to when they replace it with an equivalent to what is available in the Mazda 3.

Seems like that and a few touches in the interior plus front grill is all that is changed. Wish they'd hurry up and release it.

For sure if I buy the current model today, the all new model will release tomorrow

• 3 months later...

Bump. A friend is looking for a new suv. CX5, x.trail, crv. I said the CX5 is the best bet (top model, she has a budget of 1.6m ) like to think the new model is arriving?

Mate, you know the Everest is the best.

For sure - but In crossovers, I would rate the X-Trail over the CX-5....

Don't bother asking Mazda Thailand when new models are coming. They never know or can't be bothered to tell you. How can one buy a car from a company so disinterested?

By the time the facelift CX5 comes out it will need another one

Edited by fish fingers

• 1 month later...

Dealers are not always the best sources of "when's the new model coming" information - it's their mission to sell you a car now :)

That said, Mazda TH are currently focussing all their efforts on the CX-3 launch next month, and it's expected we'll see the minor change CX-5 in H1 2016 - most likely March/April.

Bit late tho. Honda now have nearly two thirds of the SUV market in Thailand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wait until the Honda BR-V arrives if you think Honda are already doing well in the segment smile.png

In the passengers car and SUV segments, Mazda are clearly more focussed on profitability than market share numbers, IMHO.

Mazda might seem like a natural competitor to Honda if you come from Australia -but in every other market they are way behind Honda's sales numbers.

Edited by IMHO

• 3 months later...