The Written Questions For A Thai Drivers License

eljuwa

Jack if you do the car and bike tests at the same time you only have to do one written test and only sit through the boring four hour video once.

The links for the questions are correct...I renewed mine last week.

However you only get 2 chances at the "E test per day" and if you fail 4 times you have to wait at least 2 months before you can retake it.

As for the video you will be excused that pain because your a farang. Just the colour eye test the braking test and the "E" test and your done.

Took me a total of 2 hours start to finish.

shl500, on 17 Jan 2015 - 23:02, said:
ATF, on 17 Jan 2015 - 12:17, said:

Jack if you do the car and bike tests at the same time you only have to do one written test and only sit through the boring four hour video once.

However you only get 2 chances at the "E test per day" and if you fail 4 times you have to wait at least 2 months before you can retake it.

As for the video you will be excused that pain because your a farang. Just the colour eye test the braking test and the "E" test and your done.

If you are renewing your licenses you don't need to watch the video but I'm surprised they made you re-sit the test.

If you have a recognized foreign license you used to only have to do the eye and braking tests. Maybe it's changed now.

shl500, on 17 Jan 2015 - 23:02, said:
ATF, on 17 Jan 2015 - 12:17, said:

If you are renewing your licenses you don't need to watch the video but I'm surprised they made you re-sit the test.

If you have a recognized foreign license you used to only have to do the eye and braking tests. Maybe it's changed now.

Yes the first time I got my licence it was just the eye and brake test but from April 2014 every renewed or new licence issued has to pass the written (computerised) test.

I went unprepared the first day and the 2 attempts allowed per day scored 43 out of 50 (minimum pass rate is 45 out of 50) Second attempt the next day after reading the questions on the links provided on this thread ~I squeezed through with a 48 score.

Ps No need to take passport photo's the use their own camera.

What is the reason for the arrow pointing at a certain answer and the questions in bold ?

The only caution I would make is on some of the questions there are 2 correct answers in the options to chose from. Confusing but hey this Thailand and when I mentioned this to the Officer in charge of the test ... he smiled and said "Mai ben Rai" !

• 1 year later...

What is the reason for the arrow pointing at a certain answer and the questions in bold ?

The only caution I would make is on some of the questions there are 2 correct answers in the options to chose from. Confusing but hey this Thailand and when I mentioned this to the Officer in charge of the test ... he smiled and said "Mai ben Rai" !

Don't think so, see attached link,

http://www.donslifeinthailand.com/Thai-Drivers-License-2.html