Real Cost of Employing Four Staff For WP

The basic salary use for caculate for pay SSO by SSO law is 1650 to 15000 max. so yes the max pay per staff is 1500 even their salary is more than 15k my self also pay 1500. The docs for WP allplication n for Visa extension of stay for working n even docs for apply for Non B 90 days. 95% u use the same set of docs.

So it totally wrong when someone said Labour Department dont care. Actually we dealing with only Employment Office not whole Labour ministry or department.

yes many costs

some open and some hidden

do your homework

Yes, I am trying to do that.

It is a 100% owned Thai company.

I am aware of GST reporting monthly, that would be a fact of life. I am more concerned having 4 dead beat inlaws finiancially conected as employess to my misses :)

I am also concerned that the proposed biz expansion that the wifie (and influences) are thinking of would eventually involve me, and thus a work permit, and I am questioning if the added cost of it all is worth it, not concidering the effect on my sanity !!

So monthly

It seems, that 4 staff would be required at wages of about 6000b a month (300b X 5 days a week) This is open to "deals", I pay you, you pay back or what ever.

Any tax on that, which would be about nothing.

For an employee, the amount is 5% of their salary, up to a max of 750 a month. The employer is required to put in the same amount. = 1500b a month = 6000b a month, even if ghost employees.

Cost of work permit ?

6000b a month to the gov for 4 staff

personal income tax on I believe 50,000b a month + 1500b a month to the Gov system for me.

Anything else I have not thought of ?

On a 50,000 salary, I know someone who pays 3600 in social security and 2000 in income tax. These are monthly numbers. You may need to have an accountant for monthly payroll and record keeping. I am not an expert on this but the numbers I quoted you are accurate at least in the case I know of.

50,000 salary n pays 3600 in SS0? Did u really see the Receipt from SSO this amount? or it the receipt from Accouting company ,solicitor or agency?Those people must have a fat wallet then ;) . not sure if can call my self an expert but been working in HR field nearly 20 year now. Killing my time as Admin n HR manager now for 6500 employees ,8 nationalities. What i post on here is not from what i heard of or i doubt. It the thing that im dealing with daily.

50k salary is by Thai labour law for Work Permit or amount u must get pay for some country. like if you r Brithis, canadian,American. If Russian, Philipines and others is 35k. n several diffrent rate depend on where you from. First i saw the OP talking about 50k so i thought he must come from those country. When u get WP n extend stay base on that you no need to do border run just report at Immigration every 90 days.

50k salary is by Thai labour law for Work Permit or amount u must get pay for some country. like if you r Brithis, canadian,American. If Russian, Philipines and others is 35k. n several diffrent rate depend on where you from. First i saw the OP talking about 50k so i thought he must come from those country. When u get WP n extend stay base on that you no need to do border run just report at Immigration every 90 days.

No its not, its nothing to do with the work permit which is under the DOL, please cite me the extract under the Thai labour law, you can't its not there

the minimum salaries detailed are an Immigration department requirement to get the extension of stay, one can obtain a WP on lessor or no amount of salary, if what you say is true how would a volunteer get a WP they get no salary ?

Stop posting misinformation

• Like 2

Misinformation? How many work permit u done so far? The OP he post n mention about only WP for normal Thai company with 4 thais staffs so i only give info involve with this type. Sure there are many type of WP n required different docs. So far this week in only done 3 WP for Russians n 1 for American. As i said been reading on the forums for years but never post. Its quite Bizare! to read what misinformation given out here from the people who think they know better. Ubonjoe seems the only one that got my credit n post right info here. I ll stop posting anyway coz just a waste of time .

Misinformation? How many work permit u done so far? The OP he post n mention about only WP for normal Thai company with 4 thais staffs so i only give info involve with this type. Sure there are many type of WP n required different docs. So far this week in only done 3 WP for Russians n 1 for American. As i said been reading on the forums for years but never post. Its quite Bizare! to read what misinformation given out here from the people who think they know better. Ubonjoe seems the only one that got my credit n post right info here. I ll stop posting anyway coz just a waste of time .

Show me the extract from the Thai labour law which details and mandates minimum salaries for foreigners to be issued a WP as you stated in your post

Once again the minimum salaries mandated come from the immigration department to obtain the extension of stay, not the WP, if a person does not qualify for extension of stay while working in Thailand on a WP they are required to leave the country every 90 days

I will say it again, if there are minimum salary requirements attached to the issue of a WP how does a volunteer obtain a WP if they are not being paid in terms of the Thai labour law

Instead of waffling on this , please just answer the questions as asked

BTW there are not many "types" of WP, there are only 2 one is a blue book and the other is a letter from the DOL when one had a temporary WP of 14 days or less

Edited by Soutpeel

This thread is as clear as mud.

Isn't the 50k only required if you don't want to make border runs every 90 days?

Your correct, there are people posting the incorrect information and citing extracts from the Thai labour where none actually exist

4 employees plus vat registration and in my case SS came to my shop not the Labour office to check. With vat you'll need monthly accounting services.

Wrong, VAT registration isn't needed until your company is taking in over 1 800 000 THB per year. (I think it's 1 800 000 today, but I'm not very sure, again as my previous post, my staff takes care of that)

How much does your company make in profit each year?

Let me guess.

You are not sure.

You have staff for that.

I know exactly how much my company brings in and the profit, what I don't know is the limits for a few things as I don't have to bother about them.

Ok, smartass, what are the limit for starting to report VAT, salary when married to a Thai woman, amount of staff needed in the various cases that exists.

I'll let you guess.

Isn't the 50k only required if you don't want to make border runs every 90 days?

Your correct, there are people posting the incorrect information and citing extracts from the Thai labour where none actually exist

Yes and no, 40k if you are married to a Thai.

Yes and no to your information as well. Being married to a Thai doesn't change the financial requirements when obtaining an extension of stay based on working. It does, however, give you the alternative of applying for your extension based on marriage instead, which will require the mentioned 40k baht income (or 400,000 baht in a Thai bank account).

Sphon

• Like 1

Yes and no to your information as well. Being married to a Thai doesn't change the financial requirements when obtaining an extension of stay based on working. It does, however, give you the alternative of applying for your extension based on marriage instead, which will require the mentioned 40k baht income (or 400,000 baht in a Thai bank account).

Sphon

My mistake, I didn't quote ->Isn't the 50k only required if you don't want to make border runs every 90 days?

I answered that question and now even you tells me that is 100% correct, so why on earth comment me at all?????

Sphon

My mistake, I didn't quote ->Isn't the 50k only required if you don't want to make border runs every 90 days?
I answered that question and now even you tells me that is 100% correct, so why on earth comment me at all?????

Because you didn't mention anywhere that the 40,000 baht figure you mentioned was for an extension based on marriage. This whole thread is about work permits and extensions based on working in Thailand, so someone reading your post could easily get the idea that you can get an extension based on work with an income of 40,000 baht per month if you are married to a Thai. In reality the financial requirements for such an extension depends on where you come from, some people will need less than 40,000 baht income and some will need more.

Sophon

Edited by Sophon

Minimum Salary Requirements per Nationality

• European Countries, Australia, Canada, Japan, and U.S.A. (Baht 50,000/month).
  • South Korea, Singapore, Taiwan and Hong Kong (Baht 45,000/month).
  • Asian Countries, South America, Countries in Eastern Europe, Countries in Central America, Mexico, Turkey, Russia and South Africa (Baht 35,000/month).
  • African Countries, Cambodia, Myanmar, Laos and Vietnam (Baht 25,000/month).

Source, Sunbelt