New Sidi boots

dave_boo

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in italy working and found a pair of the canyons locally for just 169 euro! Theyre over 300 in the us! Nice I could try them on and get the right size, they felt great staight away so they're in my bag ready to come home!

Just to say, If we are talking boots - I bought a pair of forma adventure boots 2 days ago .. First impressions are they are lumpy but really solid and comfortable, I'm really happy with them.

Downside is the wife wants a pair of boots now, and we were looking through paddocks website and saw these canyon gore boots too ..

Edited by recom273

I bought the forma adventure boot as well, actually mine are trials boots. They're fine for heavy dirt riding but too much for adv type riding. Plus with my big calfs i can't get the velcro closed all the way on the top and it digs into my leg.

They did on my Cobra Airs. Took them to a cobbler and had the suckers sewn on with what I swear is the same twine they use in saddle stitching.

Funny thing...was looking at boots and Ms. dave_boo almost knocked my laptop down to the floor stabbing at the Gaerne Balance oiled boots she saw. She has pretty good taste.wai2.gif

balance_oiled_brown-500x500.jpg

also are these available in Thailand

^

Any pics or links of these forma boots ,went on a mission to phuket today to get some off road gear managed to get everything except boots....are they waterproof.

You can find a plenty of pics on google or the paddock website - paddock are the Thai distributors.

The boots are waterproof, they have a breathable membrane .. But .. It's only covers 2/3 of the boot, which is was disappointed in.

They are quite clumpy, they have a moulded walking boot style sole. I think for true dual sport 'shifting on the pegs' riding would like a more shallow toe as your going to be missing changes.

The thing that appeals to me, the waterproof membrane, ( ok, could be higher ) the fit ( not like wearing a box ) the suppleness of the boot with a fair balance of safety and I think there is a lot of boot there for 7500b.

The a* toucan or the sidi adv Biot are way more money than the formas.

My tip would be take a good look at the pics, may not be your style, then order from helmet2home - EMS is free and if you don't like what you see on opening the box, as long as you haven't removed the tags you can send them back for a full refund.

^

Any pics or links of these forma boots ,went on a mission to phuket today to get some off road gear managed to get everything except boots....are they waterproof.

You can find a plenty of pics on google or the paddock website - paddock are the Thai distributors.

The boots are waterproof, they have a breathable membrane .. But .. It's only covers 2/3 of the boot, which is was disappointed in.

They are quite clumpy, they have a moulded walking boot style sole. I think for true dual sport 'shifting on the pegs' riding would like a more shallow toe as your going to be missing changes.

The thing that appeals to me, the waterproof membrane, ( ok, could be higher ) the fit ( not like wearing a box ) the suppleness of the boot with a fair balance of safety and I think there is a lot of boot there for 7500b.

The a* toucan or the sidi adv Biot are way more money than the formas.

My tip would be take a good look at the pics, may not be your style, then order from helmet2home - EMS is free and if you don't like what you see on opening the box, as long as you haven't removed the tags you can send them back for a full refund.

cool will have a look online tomorrow had a pair of oneills before ,they had a bit of a clumpy sole which was a bit annoying but bearable,really like the look of them gaerns boots but they also look expensive will see if i can find them to ..thanks

They did on my Cobra Airs. Took them to a cobbler and had the suckers sewn on with what I swear is the same twine they use in saddle stitching.

Funny thing...was looking at boots and Ms. dave_boo almost knocked my laptop down to the floor stabbing at the Gaerne Balance oiled boots she saw. She has pretty good taste.wai2.gif

balance_oiled_brown-500x500.jpg

also are these available in Thailand

Panda are the gaerne distributor .. They don't show the boots, but they do look nice ..

Panda can order stuff, but in my experience it can be 2-3 months.

looked at them forma boots think the sole a little bit to clunky.

like the look of these,will look at panda and paddock websites this afternoon.

Yes, I won't argue with that - if you think that from the start then they aren't for you.

Let us know if panda can supply those boots, they look cool.