US Passport Visa and Endorsement Pages

My US Passport has 24 Visa pages and 3 Endorsement pages.

I just noticed the difference today. All 24 my visa pages are full (with the exception of two pages in the middle of the passport that have only one extension stamp on each page???).

I'm I correct to assume that Thai immigration will not place an extension stamp on an Endorsement page or on a page in the middle of my passport?

My guess is I need to make an appointment with the US embassy to get pages added before my annual extension appointment with Thai immigration in April?

My Passport expires in mid-2017, so also assuming that getting a new passport now is not an option?

"I'm I correct to assume that Thai immigration will not place an extension stamp on an Endorsement page or on a page in the middle of my passport?"

No they will not put a stamp on an Endorsement page. Yes they will use any regular page that has sufficient space.

When considering that, remember that along with your extension you might also be getting a Re-Entry Permit.

You probably should get pages added at the office in Bangkok first, but you could instead choose to renew your passport. Nothing stopping you from doing it early. If you do, be sure to request the 48 page version.

• Like 2

Having pages added will cost the same as a new passport

Fee for new passport - $110

Fee for extra pages - $82

not the same but pretty close. You can apply for a new passport whenever you want, the expiration does does not matter. As already mentioned, if you opt for a new passport check the block for the larger size that has more pages. The fee is the same.

A new type passport will start being issued in 2016 and they will no longer add new pages to passports after that.

I just picked up my new 52 page USA passport in Bangkok and had 25 pages added atmthe same time,

Saves me a future trip to add pages,

Fellow at embassey said all future new passports will be the larger 52 page no more 25 page passports.....

Did not say anything about not being able to add pages in the future...

not the same but pretty close. You can apply for a new passport whenever you want, the expiration does does not matter. As already mentioned, if you opt for a new passport check the block for the larger size that has more pages. The fee is the same.

A new type passport will start being issued in 2016 and they will no longer add new pages to passports after that.

Adding pages is a preferred option. With a new passport, you will have the nightmare with Thai Immigration. Your VISAs and stamps will need to be transferred to the new one.

Adding pages is a preferred option. With a new passport, you will have the nightmare with Thai Immigration. Your VISAs and stamps will need to be transferred to the new one.

What nightmare. did the transfer when I did my extension. done on the spot. They even didn't want the letter from the embassy requesting the transfer. Got the new passport about a month before the extension.

Edited by pmarlin

curious; i am holding my us passport, i see no endorsement pages only pages for visa starting on page 8 thru 27

and i have added a new set once.

Agree with the above transferring extensions is very easy,also you really dont even need to as u can just carry both passports with you, I did that for 8 months one year

Thanks for the info about no new pages being issued, I have 4 pages left and it doesn't expire till 2019 but am opting for a new passport as will be traveling in next 3 months to Myanmar, Laos & Cambodia ( yes i know about the e-visa but prefer 1 page vs an extra $10) so all full pages PLUS the entry exit stamps for those countries and Thailand.

and a new 1 year extension and re entry permit

I just picked up my new 52 page USA passport in Bangkok and had 25 pages added atmthe same time,

Also will ask for additional pages added at same time as new passport!!!

passports fill up so dam fast LOL

• 3 weeks later...

I appreciate the information. I just filled out the DS-82 and I checked the 52 page option as well as applying for a US passport card. There is no place on the application to request additional pages in addition to the 52 page option.

Do I just need to ask the consular official for an additional 25 pages when I hand in my paperwork next month when I have my passport appointment?

By the way, this will be in Manila, not in Bangkok.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to answer my question.

If you do get a new passport, it will not be the same number. In addition to transferring stamps you need to update your passport number on other documentation, especially bank accounts. It can be a hassle if you have joint accounts and at different banks as it has to be done in person, if joint both parties must go, since they issue new bank books. I would recommend getting the additional pages for $82 which they do while you wait and put off the hassle until you have to get a new one.

I didn't update mine after I got a new passport and was not allowed to withdraw funds at a Mall Branch since my passport number didn't match the one on record. It is a special account with no ATM or internet privileges.

• Like 1

If you get a passport through the embassy it will be a 52 page passport. You do not have to request it.

I think I would get a new passport verses adding pages. It will take about 10 days to get the new passport.

yes u do have to request it,

there are two options at the top of the application one for the smaller book and one for the 52 page book

UP until Dec 31st you can have an extra set ( or 2) of pages ( for $82 ) added IF your passport was issued BEFORE Sept 30th

after Jan 1st 2016 NO MORE extra pages will be added.

This brings the us in line with other countries, I was told its a security issue

I just applied for a new on on Friday with the outreach program and it will be mailed to me in Phuket

My daughter got a new passport in Ca an it took about 1 month so getting one overseas is the same price an faster!!

If you get a passport through the embassy it will be a 52 page passport. You do not have to request it.

I think I would get a new passport verses adding pages. It will take about 10 days to get the new passport.

yes u do have to request it,

there are two options at the top of the application one for the smaller book and one for the 52 page book

They have changed the form since I got my passport (2013). Before and perhaps still there was no need to ask for a big passport at an embassy because that was all they issued. I suspect it if you selected the small one they might give you the big one.

If you did one by mail in the states before the form change you had to write a note to request a big one.