Buriram or Udon Thani for night life?

shl500

Been a while since I have visited Burriram, so can't comment on how their nightlife might have improved, but if it is the girl factor that is high on your list---then--IMO-- its Udon, you have the "Young---& not so young" Lao girls who can not get into some of the nightclubs coming over to stand on a certain street corner---bit like doing a mini walk down Pattaya beach.

PS There is a good (Guest friendly ) hotel with free Wi-Fi -Cable TV..in the middle of town for about 380 baht.

I don't know if i can put a link here, so have PM it to you.

Certain street corner? Please tell me where this might be cos' knowing my luck I'll never find it !

Thanks for all your info much appreciated.

• Like 1

Udon is great for a night out and girls. Two farang areas that I know of and the Thai clubs are usually okay with farang clientele. Lots to see during the day too, down at the Central Mall.

I don't know that street corner where the Lao girls hang out.

Never been to burri ram

I rather like " Buriram " myself! i think it's a fab place and a good place to explore.As for the ladies well they are the same all over Thailand ( a " Thai lady is a Thai lady " wherever you are )

Rooms in Buriram from 220 Baht a night but something nice for around 300 Baht.

F.J wub.png

Give Buriram a swerve....its a dive with no nightlife of any consequence. Trying to pull is nigh on impossible. Go to Udon...at least you can get a bit.

I see, you couldn't get laid in Buriram with a pocket full of B1000 notes.

• Like 2

Give Buriram a swerve....its a dive with no nightlife of any consequence. Trying to pull is nigh on impossible. Go to Udon...at least you can get a bit.

Probably hoping for a freebie after a bowl of street noodles.

• Like 2

Udon Thani has fun girls and fun bars!

I have an Ex in Buriram and The place is so boring I couldn't wait to get out. The ex-pat's felt the same. Buriram is worse than smallish places like Seka (By the way is full of fun).

Udon Thani has nice hotels and a fun atmosphere, the woman are gorgeous! It has gotten bigger. This is my favorite City

Buriram is huge, albet wide spread. Its never been known for it's nightlife beyond the speed disco square. It's loud and the girls don't take much notice to foreigners. But I haven't been there for two years, maybe the new speedway and I heard Marriott is building a hotel there.

All in all, Udon Thani is a blast!-----It's just what the doctor ordered after Pattaya!smile.png

• Like 2

Nearly choked on my cornflakes then fell off the chair laughing after reading this quote lol !!!!

• Like 1

I have an Ex in Buriram and The place is so boring I couldn't wait to get out. The ex-pat's felt the same. Buriram is worse than smallish places like Seka (By the way is full of fun).

Udon Thani has nice hotels and a fun atmosphere, the woman are gorgeous! It has gotten bigger. This is my favorite City

Buriram is huge, albet wide spread. Its never been known for it's nightlife beyond the speed disco square. It's loud and the girls don't take much notice to foreigners. But I haven't been there for two years, maybe the new speedway and I heard Marriott is building a hotel there.

All in all, Udon Thani is a blast!-----It's just what the doctor ordered after Pattaya!smile.png

Love Seka, Funny Pizza, Peeps, it's a Great lil town, Dan

• Like 1

Burriram is very boring. It's not that you can't find pussy or the lack of shitty hippie hotels---there are a plenty. It's kinda lonely. The whole of Burriram has yet to develop, just like the huge empty Hotel, maybe 7 or 8 stories. opened for only 7 months in it's origin, sits like a Dinosaur. (a great visit when you bribe the guards). Buriram has a few decent (Hotels)----kinda youth hostels with a pool and breakfast--for around 500-600 baht. I never wanted the 200-300 baht places as they are ----garbage! For another 10-15 bucks you get breakfast without weevils and a bed that is clean---and air-con!---TV too as Burriram is that boring! A pool is nice at these places, as you can meet other people.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Regarding Udon Thani:

​The Napalai Hotel, I find is great with Hi speed wi fi and a great breakfast. Close to everything. By the way the rail station and Airport is just minutes away! If your bored-----get a train or plane to anywhere. This might set you back a few baht, 800.00-1,400.00. Just chilling by the pool or sitting on a balcony is worth it--plus free airport pick-up!----Breakfasts are free------sweet omelette station and fresh fruit! Room service---great food with a Huge big screen TV just to chill!

Everyone can find a good, I just enjoy Udon Thani more!

• Like 1

Nearly choked on my cornflakes then fell off the chair laughing after reading this quote lol !!!!

It's just a pain in tha ass in Buriram-----maybe it's their nature to make city life incredibly boring---or the constant police checks that make this particular city super duper boring. They now have a Big C--so do not panic!-----They have the best soccer team in the country as of this writing. As said above, Hotels are being built, around might be some social activity to be had, who knows?-----some are turning into mud as we speak. Bamboo Bar is the biggest thing in Burrram---and as Social activity calls---that's not much when your a visitor looking for action!

Just beware, Buriram is a fine place for a rest. If your single I would pass it on by. There really isn't anything to do--nor see.

• Like 1

Buriram is huge, albet wide spread. Its never been known for it's nightlife beyond the speed disco square. It's loud and the girls don't take much notice to foreigners

You gotta be kidding. Buri Ram is one of the provinces where most girls/women go to places like Pattaya to find a foreigner.

Once you speak their local slang, you might be able to "open many doors."-thumbsup.gif

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

When i visited Buriram for the first time a few years ago i had " two on the go " ( separately may i add viewers..) and both ( quite naturally ) were with me and no mention of " currency " changing hands........

Some of you really do need to realise by now that some ladies might just want to be with you because they actually like you.........

F.J wub.png

Burirum,NO.Udonthani now that is A happening city.Plenty of farangs,plenty of things to do.You won't be sorry you picked Udon.Go to udonmap

Why would anybody come to Thailand to live in a different culture and eat different cuisine and explore new places but seem to be looking for " Plenty of farangs " ...????

F.J x

Couldn't agree more. It seems we all leave our home countries because there are too many farang things there; then we come here a seek out farangs--go figure

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

When i visited Buriram for the first time a few years ago i had " two on the go " ( separately may i add viewers..) and both ( quite naturally ) were with me and no mention of " currency " changing hands........

Some of you really do need to realise by now that some ladies might just want to be with you because they actually like you.........

F.J wub.png

Well, it's obvious, he just isn't the cocksman you are.

• Like 2

Burirum,NO.Udonthani now that is A happening city.Plenty of farangs,plenty of things to do.You won't be sorry you picked Udon.Go to udonmap

Thanks, Thrilled.

Just to say I just had a great time i Udon Thani---(Maybe tis a place to live thought!)

It is everything you could love! It is fun, It has great food, you can live here and be super happy!

Check out Udon Map---outdated as it is, you can fill in the blanks if your single!

I can't speak about Buriram, never been there. The cops/military close all the farang bars at midnight in Udon. Roadblocks anywhere and everywhere checking for what ever the cops can find to get money from you to pay their mia noi's. There are no Lao ladies on the street corners (never see at anytime) or elsewhere. The cops check the ladies ID in the bars. Lao ladies went back to Lao months ago. Actually there is nothing in Udon, no streets, just dirt paths, no tv, no water, no hotels, no women, no bars, no malls, no phone service, no internet, no trains, taxis, buses, or airplanes. Just water buffalo, a few shacks and a few crazy farang. If there were women working in bars, especially women from Bandung, they think their s**t doesn't stink and they are working in a Go-Go in Pattaya and want prices that only a LDOP (Lame Dupe Over Payer) would pay. Oh, there are jungle drums in Udon, they beat loudly and swiftly. Obviously part of this post is a bit of cynical sarcasm and a little bit of go-away us ex-pats don't need/want the competition...lol. Part is very true. Both in Udon and Nong Khai, the Lao ladies went home. Some with passports and "guarantee's" have slipped back in. Both the disco's in slippery's post are active, Yellow Bird a bit expensive these days. Biggest problem in the Thai bars is being able to tell the "good" girls from the "bad" girls. Speaking Thai will help a lot in Thai venues. Udon is NOT Pattaya and Pattaya behavior is not well tolerated up here. Just remember, no matter you go, the tigresses are on the prowl and you are the prey.

I live in Buriram and pretty young. I am friends with the owners of the top 2 bars in the city. And drink with them a lot. It is very hard to pick up a pretty girl in that city. They dont want to be branded a prostitute. The old burned pattaya girls live way outside the city in small villages. Buriram province is huge. I have found buriram city the most difficult place in thailand to pickup. Buriram can also be quite dangerous if you pick up on someone's girl. If you pick up good looking girls here, they will be in the university