Need Help With GMM Satellite Package

tomwct

I want to get the GMM Platinum package but not sure what I need! IMy house is wired with three cable cable connections inside, but I only use two (2)!

I do not have a dish, so what size dish should I get! My GF has a small dish similar to true, maybe 1/2 met wide. Someone said I should get a 1 met dish!

What size should I get? The platinum box is 1599 THB at Big C. Do I need two (2)? I want the Platinum package and the card is 5999 THB per year at 7/11!

Can I use this card for both boxes or would I need to buy two (2) cards, which would be expensive? How much should I pay for installation and dish? Can I call GMM to install the total package or find a satellite dealer?

I live in Korat! Thanks for your assistance and any advise you have!

• Like 1

Just go to a local satellite shop and ask them to supply a dish.

They could probably supply the box as well.

A similar dish to True Visions would work but a big dish might be better.

You don't get a card. You phone the call center, let them know what package you want and they send you a code by SMS.

Pop along to 7/11 and pay using that code.

Have a look at the website as they have a few promotions.

Including a free box.

http://www.gmmz.tv/detail.php?id=27

post-36914-0-92481400-1421548926_thumb.j

The C-band (1.5 meter mesh type) will provide more channels and no rain outage. The smaller True (.5/.6 meter solid dish) is for K-band and will have much fewer free channels and be subject to rain outages but is good if room is not available for larger dish - they cost about the same.

You should have a company install (shophouse) as must be pointed to satellite and they will have the equipment to do so.

I would recommend the HD tuner and believe the price below is the best current deal - it comes with one year Gold package that can be upgraded to what you want for reasonable price).

http://www.lazada.co.th/gmm-z-hd-combo-white-gold-package-365-403518.html

• 3 weeks later...

Still Need Help!!! My GF went to several shophouse satellite dealers and got three (3) different stories. One said you only need 1 box! They others said two (2), which is it? I want to watch the Platinum package. I think I will get the 1.2M Mesh Dish due to the rainy season in Korat! Do you agree?

Please advise should I purchase the 2 boxes from GMMZ and then buy a satellite dish from a local shophouse and have them hookup what I need?

Or any other ideas would be helpful? Thanks

Still Need Help!!!

My GF went to several shophouse satellite dealers and got three (3) different stories. One said you only need 1 box! They others said two (2), which is it?

I want to watch the Platinum package. I think I will get the 1.2M Mesh Dish due to the rainy season in Korat! Do you agree?

Please advise should I purchase the 2 boxes from GMMZ and then buy a satellite dish from a local shophouse and have them hookup what I need?

Or any other ideas would be helpful? Thanks

You will ALWAYS need a separate box for each TV location (unless you only want to always watch the SAME show on ALL TVs all the time)

The QUESTION isn't about boxes, it's about satellite signal feeds. One or Two?

There are TWO signal feeds being transmitted by the satellites in parallel.

Most Ku-band (small dish) users only utilize ONE or the TWO, ever. C-band users tend to require both feeds so need a Dual-Feed LNB so both satellite signal feeds can be tuned independently.

The local shop usually supplies EVERYTHING (including the GMMz boxes), but as they're the easiest thing to install some people will shop them separate to get the best package price.

So, here's the recommendation:

1 (one) dish, installed.

1 (one) Dual-Feed LNB (two F connector ports)

2 (two) separate cable runs [from each Dual-Feed LNB connector to each Box location] with a bit extra cable to move around for service/cleaning

2 (GMMz Set Top Box) with subscriptions as needed. Are you going to watch the Platinum Packages on BOTH TVs? Then two Platinum subscriptions.

An alternate to a Dual-Feed LNB is to get a single-feed LNB and use a dual-feed 'switch' to supply the satellite feed signal to multiple boxes.

It's not that hard ...Well, unless you're a CTH subscriber.