What the?

bangkokjulia

99 baht for breakfast in Pattaya is a rip-off. At the Sailor Bar on Soi 8 you can get a great 60 baht breakfast (2 eggs, ersatz bacon, ham, toast/jam/butter, juice, coffee). I have considered leaving Chiang Mai for this alone.

• Like 1

the price my dear - the price nowadays almost nobody is looking for quality

Not true.

I am always happy to pay for quality over quantity.

I only have so many years, months, weeks, days, hours, minutes and seconds left on this earth and plenty of money to get through.

If I buy a CCBig Brekkie for 499 baht, will the wait staff bring the change from 500 promptly ?

bangkokjulia, on 19 Jan 2015 - 10:55, said:

I have no idea how they afford to pay the rent-there are six of them sharing a one bedroom apartment.

There's and old expression "Behind with the rent". I guess that's how they are paying.

• Like 1

the price my dear - the price nowadays almost nobody is looking for quality

Not true.

I am always happy to pay for quality over quantity.

g

I only have so many years, months, weeks, days, hours, minutes and seconds left on this earth and plenty of money to get through.

If I buy a CCBig Brekkie for 499 baht, will the wait staff bring the change from 500 promptly ?

i know you does. but the majority prefer quantity above quality..

bangkokjulia, on 19 Jan 2015 - 10:55, said:

I have no idea how they afford to pay the rent-there are six of them sharing a one bedroom apartment.

There's and old expression "Behind with the rent". I guess that's how they are paying.

Lol.

Filthy bugger.

They must be skummy friends you have their Julia.

Those 99 baht breakfasts are really for the creeps of society......low so stuff for drunk tourists and their hoes.

Classy folk go for the 119 baht breakfasts. wink.png

"Classy folk go for the 119 baht breakfasts"

Or knock back a couple of mugs of coffee for "free" at home while muttering incoherently at the most recent batch of inane posts on Thai Visa, by which time one can stare at the refrigerator shelves for anything identifiable that qualifies as lunch or head out to the street vendors.

"Breakfast is the most important meal of the day" is pure propaganda unless they mean eggs, bacon etc. eaten around midnight. The term "breakfast" implies that sleeping is fasting and that it needs to be abruptly dealt with just because you woke up.

c4d364ea963bdd95250caad350032ec4.jpg

• Like 2

Those 99 baht breakfasts are really for the creeps of society......low so stuff for drunk tourists and their hoes.

Classy folk go for the 119 baht breakfasts. wink.png

"Classy folk go for the 119 baht breakfasts"

Or knock back a couple of mugs of coffee for "free" at home while muttering incoherently at the most recent batch of inane posts on Thai Visa, by which time one can stare at the refrigerator shelves for anything identifiable that qualifies as lunch or head out to the street vendors.

"Breakfast is the most important meal of the day" is pure propaganda unless they mean eggs, bacon etc. eaten around midnight. The term "breakfast" implies that sleeping is fasting and that it needs to be abruptly dealt with just because you woke up.

c4d364ea963bdd95250caad350032ec4.jpg

Not me sir, I'm Thai food for brekkie all the way, if it ain't spicey, I'm not eating. The occasional egg on my rice is okay. Thai bacon is notoriously aweful.

Hold the wine, bring me another latte, hold on, I'm at home, better fire up the espresso machine ;)

• Like 2

Classy folk go for the 119 baht breakfasts. ;)

I like the bacon and eggs at the Amari.

Followed by a bit of sunbathing and a hop in the jacuzzi.

;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...