396 new Thai police stations by 2017

webfact

396 new police stations by 2017
The Nation

30252164-01_big.JPG

BANGKOK: -- Some 181 police stations will get new buildings this year, while another 215 precincts due to be refurbished in 2016 - a total cost of Bt6.6 billion, deputy police chief Pongsapat Pongcharoen said yesterday.

The construction of 396 replacement police stations was halted in 2013 after the Royal Thai Police Office cancelled its contract with PCC Development and Construction Co over an alleged contract violation.

Pongsapat yesterday inspected work at Lat Lum Kaew police station in Pathum Thani's Lat Lum Kaew district. A new firm resumed building last month with a budget of Bt7.5 million. The station was 70 per cent done and slated for completion in May, he said.

Pongsapat said the Police Office was assessing damage from the project to sue PCC Development for compensation. So far the damage to the building of 181 stations amounted to Bt2.3 billion. He said a lawsuit would be submitted to the public prosecutor in mid-year.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/396-new-police-stations-by-2017-30252164.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-01-19

That bloke in the pic looks like the guy that lost in the Bkk gubernatorial election, when he ran against an electricity post? Great memories, thanks PhuaThai.

This article shows the world's largest organized criminal gang (according to the FBI) is strengthening it's grip over all the countries illegal activities. These uniformed bullies deserve every grain of bad karma that comes to them, and from reading the dailies, there is plenty of balancing the scales of justice being carried out daily by the police's victims. One fallen here, one there, it all adds up.

• Like 2

One hopes that transparency in this effort is more monitored than the debacle with the Democrats effort with new police stations a few years back , not all F!!!ups and corruption can be attributed to the PTP. coffee1.gif

Before you start apportioning blame you should go back and look at the whole history of the contracts.

Things like who was it that started the whole thing, who was on the police committee that made the recommendations that a single contractor be given all the work and what their connections were with that contractor and continue right through to the extending of the contracts 3 times.

I give you a hint to start you off, at least one of those in the picture may just have been on that police committee.

• Like 1

That bloke in the pic looks like the guy that lost in the Bkk gubernatorial election, when he ran against an electricity post? Great memories, thanks PhuaThai.

This article shows the world's largest organized criminal gang (according to the FBI) is strengthening it's grip over all the countries illegal activities. These uniformed bullies deserve every grain of bad karma that comes to them, and from reading the dailies, there is plenty of balancing the scales of justice being carried out daily by the police's victims. One fallen here, one there, it all adds up.

Your observational skills are well honed. Pongsapat, apparently, is a survivor. Best to be on the winning side.

post-9891-0-45209800-1421635481_thumb.jppost-9891-0-39618000-1421635482_thumb.jp

Your observational skills are well honed. Pongsapat, apparently, is a survivor. Best to be on the winning side.

attachicon.gifpong1.jpgattachicon.gifpong2.jpg

Agree! The first thought was North Korea!

One hopes that transparency in this effort is more monitored than the debacle with the Democrats effort with new police stations a few years back , not all F!!!ups and corruption can be attributed to the PTP. coffee1.gif

Before you start apportioning blame you should go back and look at the whole history of the contracts.

Things like who was it that started the whole thing, who was on the police committee that made the recommendations that a single contractor be given all the work and what their connections were with that contractor and continue right through to the extending of the contracts 3 times.

I give you a hint to start you off, at least one of those in the picture may just have been on that police committee.

Actually the previous contractor had a very good reasonfor being unable to build the stations as the police wouldn't move out of the old buildings for demo.so he could start construction.

Actually the previous contractor had a very good reasonfor being unable to build the stations as the police wouldn't move out of the old buildings for demo.so he could start construction.

That's all 396 of them is it ?

Including the ones that were started and never finished.

I don't know about anyone else, but am afraid to ask assistance from the Police for anything, if they do help you expect to have to pay Bribe money, but in most situations they just make matters worse, you are on your own in this country so stay out of Trouble. If I need assistance I usually ask a Security Guard, they are always Pleasant and try to Help you, and often I tip them to say Thank you.

• Like 2

I don't know about anyone else, but am afraid to ask assistance from the Police for anything, if they do help you expect to have to pay Bribe money, but in most situations they just make matters worse, you are on your own in this country so stay out of Trouble. If I need assistance I usually ask a Security Guard, they are always Pleasant and try to Help you, and often I tip them to say Thank you.

Never had a problem myself, have asked police several time for directions and other things, even had a couple of them come to me and want to practice their English skills, never been asked for money and any encounters have always ended in smiles.

But then Ive only been her around 10 years and there are still a few parts of the country I haven't been to so perhaps I should give it some more time.

I agree about staying out of trouble and if you do feel the need to be a trouble maker expect the consequences, as in any country.

Never had a problem myself, have asked police several time for directions and other things, even had a couple of them come to me and want to practice their English skills, never been asked for money and any encounters have always ended in smiles.

But then Ive only been her around 10 years and there are still a few parts of the country I haven't been to so perhaps I should give it some more time.

I agree about staying out of trouble and if you do feel the need to be a trouble maker expect the consequences, as in any country.

For once we agree on something. I have always found them very accommodating and helpful when asking assistance or being stopped at check points.

Admittedly the couple of times i have required them for police work has not been so fruitful.