Is There Censership On This On This Branch?

SamuiJens

Can the Administrator or a Mod. please answer this question; Why threads seem to disappear, The question was asked before and sbk said it had been moved, before that another one was gone, and now a new thread is gone (about a biker person). What is this China?

Thaivisa.com is the biggest expat forum in the world, we have achieved this through a mixture of our moderation policies and the content our members provide.

If you believe that a topic, related to thailand and worthy of debate has been removed for the wrong reasons then by all means bring it up with a mod via PM. Otherwise please abide by the forum rules, the link can be found at the top left hand corner of each page.

The correct place to raise this type of discussion is in the forum support sub forum.

I will move this thread there now.

I hope your question has been answered.

Best

tuky

I appreciate the reasons why threads are removed, but is it not possible to leave a "tab" thread that states it has been removed so that we don't end up looking for it?

Normally if a thread gets moved to another forum, a link is left behind pointing to the new thread/forum location... unless of course the thread is deleted completely.

I appreciate the reasons why threads are removed, but is it not possible to leave a "tab" thread that states it has been removed so that we don't end up looking for it?

Charma, if we left a tab stating that such and such thread has been removed two things would happen, 1. This sub forum would become cluttered with "why was X thread closed" threads

2. The thread in question would be restarted.

We don't like doing it, but sometimes it is necessary. :o

What is this China?

No SamuiJens, it is not China, but as has been stated above and recently on other threads, this Forum can and is investigated within Thailand to ensure it complies within Thai law.

Some unscrupulous posters would post inflamatory statements just for the h_ll of it and the satisfaction they would gain would be to the detriment of the vast majority looking for inspiration, help and guidance.

It is also there to keep members from cyber-throttling each other and having blood across the computers and keyboards, hyperthetically speaking of course.

MODs sometimes have to be fairly quick on their toes, which isn't always a bad thing.

So in my opinion we are certainly not operating in an oppressive society where free speech is censored too marginally but is moderated too enable continued free speech within set parameters for the good of all members.

Good Luck :o

Moss

If you have any complaints about the forum or its admins or moderators, please email me at support[at]thaivisa.com

Please put "George" in the subject line, and mention your forum member name, so I know who you are, and the message goes direct to me for immediate attention.

Thanks!

Thread closed.