SCB transfer THB back to UK Bank account

Has anyone used SCB to send money back to a UK account? I dont have internet banking, and my account is held in Bangkok, I live in Issan. Have spoken to the larger branches here but cant seem to get an answer on cost and amounts I can send back, as not a normal request.

I am passing through Bangkok on route to the UK, in 4 weeks time, i will be there for 5 days, possible best I leave it till then?

I am closing the account, sole name, held for 3 years, as I have to, sadly leave due to a health issue.

My other option is the close and get all the money changed to GBP, at Superrich or Linda Exchange, in Bangkok, need to change about 400K, so not sure if they can do this for me but will inquire. The amount will be below the 20K $ Thailand custom declaration, and also just below the UK 10K Euro decleation limit

I think the 2nd option will give me a better rate of excahnge, but possible slightly difficult to achive,

Any thoughts???

Just SWIFT it back to UK. HSBC's SWIFT in UK is MIDLGB22, for instance. There shouldn't be an issue as long as you can show you brought the money in, or, if earnings, you have a work permit etc. Though, as you say, would be easier from the branch your account is at as some of these branches operate as franchises and often don't want to know. I've found SCB a bit funny regards moving money out, BB never had an issue.

Whatever you do, don't be tempted to take baht back to the UK or you'll be bent over.

I have to do the same in a few weeks.

/regards cost, it's 500 baht from this end to SWIFT and 400k is doable in one hit//

Edited by daveAustin
  • Like 1

Thanks........Yes all the money came in via a FX company UK based over a two year period, direct into the account. Here on extension of stay, marriage,but will leave till it get back to Bangkok. I just got the Swift for my Lloyds Bank.