Did Anyone See The Baby Chicken Debacle Today?

Vogele123

A day or two ago the animal rights brigade were screaming about some guy that shot some piece of filth Soi dog that runs out and chases people. Did anyone see the even better Thai "animal welfare" video on Channel 3 this morning?

These two or three guys had one or two of those 200 litre blue plastic barrels absolutely stuffed to the brim with tiny baby chickens.

They filmed themselves going down to some lake and emptying the live chicks into the water, where the poor buggers were eaten alive by fish! It was like a Pirahna frenzy, (I think they were the Plah Sowan - or catfish)

They were howling and laughing as they were kicking the baby chicks that tried to run away back into the water.

Another example of "Thainess" - just don't get caught!

Believe me, I am not a hypocrite, I have absolutely no problem with them feeding the chickens to the fish, better that than leave them to rot in a barrel ( My wife thinks that the birds were from a chicken farm and were probably "runts") but the way Thailand tries to portray itself as Bhuddist is like asking Israel to start care homes for Palestinians!

Perhaps you are unaware of what happens to baby chicks in the west.

In the egg industry, egg chickens have specially bred and are useless for their meat. This means, that every male chick from the 'egg' breed is useless since it can not lay eggs and it can not provide meat.

No one wants to feed billions of useless male chicks, so instead every male chick that hatches in an egg factory is destroyed. It takes a few days until they can tell if they are male or female, but once they can, every male chick is fed in to a grinding machine while still alive and the remains are disposed of.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chick_culling

At least these were fed to some fish, which people will later eat

• Like 1

In the egg industry, egg chickens have specially bred and are useless for their meat. This means, that every male chick from the 'egg' breed is useless since it can not lay eggs and it can not provide meat.

No one wants to feed billions of useless male chicks, so instead every male chick that hatches in an egg factory is destroyed. It takes a few days until they can tell if they are male or female, but once they can, every male chick is fed in to a grinding machine while still alive and the remains are disposed of.

and in YOUR article " giving instantaneous death" without the howls of laughter and enjoyment by the sick saddos the OP mentions

The difference you have failed to notice is the "howls of laughter" where someone was getting enjoyment from this. Feeding them into a mincer might be as bad but no howls of enjoyment.

I've watched the video, it's not a big deal at all, if you understand why they are doing it.

It is something these guys are doing as part of their job. They're talking about how delicious the fish think the chicks are.

It is quite crazy to see, I think many people would have had a similar reaction. It's very crazy to see. Those fish really do love eating the chicks.

It's something they are doing for their job, not for sh*^& and giggles.

Search for a grinding video from a factory farm, that is worse imo. The chicks get stuck in the machine or fall through in places and torn apart or covered in in egg yolk and left to die on the factory floor for hours. At least this is feeding some fish, which people will eat.

Edited by DP25
  • Like 1

and in YOUR article " giving instantaneous death" without the howls of laughter and enjoyment by the sick saddos the OP mentions

I've watched the video. They are not sick saddos, they are doing their job and having a normal reaction.

Most people don't realize male chicks are destroyed in every farm, so they think the guys are doing this for fun, and that's why it has generated outrage from some. They are not doing it for fun, they are disposing of refuse from the farm in a useful manner.

If you think westerners working in animal processing plants don't joke around amongst themselves, you are deluded. You are also deluded if you think all the animals are killed instantly or painlessly. There are lots of videos about this on youtube. Try looking at a cow slaughterhouse...it is horrifying. People don't like to think to think about where their food comes from.

• Like 1

DP25, on 20 Jan 2015 - 19:51, said:

DP the baby chicks are not disposed of they are ground up and fed to the other chickens. Dead is dead. What a World we live in.

I was unfortunately watching the channel 3 Thai TV news when they showed the clip of the chicks being fed to fish. Made me feel physically sick.

Anyone who does not find that appalling have serious character flaws in my opinion. I get distressed witnessing pain and suffering in any form, but on the other hand so should other normal people who do not have sadistic streaks and perceives scenes shown on that video as entertainment.

• Like 1

I've watched the video. They are not sick saddos, they are doing their job and having a normal reaction.

Most people don't realize male chicks are destroyed in every farm, so they think the guys are doing this for fun, and that's why it has generated outrage from some. They are not doing it for fun, they are disposing of refuse from the farm in a useful manner.

If you think westerners working in animal processing plants don't joke around amongst themselves, you are deluded. You are also deluded if you think all the animals are killed instantly or painlessly. There are lots of videos about this on youtube. Try looking at a cow slaughterhouse...it is horrifying. People don't like to think to think about where their food comes from.

i see youre putting words in my mouth here I never said half the things you have said above

The OP sounds cold and heartless. Sorry I read it. Hope this is closed ASAP.

I think the thread is bait to lure anthropomorphists out of the woodwork and tease them.

It worked.

Nevertheless, I think gratuitous animal cruelty is dangerous, because it's only a matter of time before such idiots harm people for fun.

I hope they get caught and fined, so they can have a nice record so police can keep an eye on them.

• Like 1

They asked someone from the Dept of Fisheries who thought they might be a species of catfish called PLA SAWAI or 'iridescent shark-catfish' in English which are heavily cultivated for food there. Guess it's just recycling of protein from one form to another.