Why the Muslim 'no-go-zone' myth won't die

webfact

Many decades ago Brixton in London became a no go area for us honkies, afro stuff........

That's nonsense. When I lived in London I went to Brixton all the time, and knew a number of 'honkies' that lived there.

You reckon...........Course honkies lived there, it weren't a battlefield...........rolleyes.gif

As I was a mini-cab driver way back then I know................

• Like 1

Many decades ago Brixton in London became a no go area for us honkies, afro stuff........

That's nonsense. When I lived in London I went to Brixton all the time, and knew a number of 'honkies' that lived there.

You reckon...........Course honkies lived there, it weren't a battlefield...........rolleyes.gif

No - I know. I've been there many times. I've worked there. I've visited my friends there.

Calling it a no-go area is ridiculous.

• Like 1

I once went into a pub in Brixton and when I came out it was VERY dark. It didn't feel the same as in some Muslim areas now though.

No - I know. I've been there many times. I've worked there. I've visited my friends there.

Calling it a no-go area is ridiculous.

How old are you......?

Idiotic stuff

Idiotic stuff like telling people on the Internet that they can't comment on a subject unless they have been there personally? I hope they start enforcing that rule on the anti-American posters. laugh.png

I'm OK then I was there in June for the umpteenth time.

biggrin.png

I have not been to the West for 25 years, so not sure if No-Go zones are real, or not, but here is the conservative side of the argument.

No-go zones are Muslim-dominated neighborhoods that are largely off limits to non-Muslims due to a variety of factors, including the lawlessness and insecurity that pervades a great number of these areas. Host-country authorities have effectively lost control over many no-go zones and are often unable or unwilling to provide even basic public aid, such as police, fire fighting and ambulance services, out of fear of being attacked by Muslim youth.

http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/5128/france-no-go-zones

That's not a "side of the argument", it's an invention.

There are council estates in England where non-religious yobs will sometimes target police and firemen, but they still go there.

There are areas of Paris where muslim youths will riot if the police cause the death of one of their own, which sadly has happened a few times, but that does not make them "no go" zones.

Maybe "No want to go" zones though......

• Like 2

Idiotic stuff

Idiotic stuff like telling people on the Internet that they can't comment on a subject unless they have been there personally? I hope they start enforcing that rule on the anti-American posters. laugh.png

I'm OK then I was there in June for the umpteenth time.

biggrin.png

You're OK anyway. You have earned some relevancy.

Did you buy a gun while you were there? thumbsup.gif

How old are you......?

Old enough to have lived in London for 15 years, during which no part of it was in any way a 'no-go' area.

For you eh..........smile.png

What do you mean by that?

So your saying in the 70's Brixton did not have a problem........?

• Like 1

Brixton had tensions between police and locals in the late 70's/early 80's - culminating in the riots in 1981. That doesn't make it a no-go area.

Tottenham has had similar issues in more recent times. I know several white people that live there, too.

I have not been to the West for 25 years, so not sure if No-Go zones are real, or not, but here is the conservative side of the argument.

No-go zones are Muslim-dominated neighborhoods that are largely off limits to non-Muslims due to a variety of factors, including the lawlessness and insecurity that pervades a great number of these areas. Host-country authorities have effectively lost control over many no-go zones and are often unable or unwilling to provide even basic public aid, such as police, fire fighting and ambulance services, out of fear of being attacked by Muslim youth.

If you haven't been to the west for twenty-five years then don't comment.

And don't believe everything your read on the Internet.

Who died and left you in charge?

UG has a post count as of this post standing at 40,603.

You have 26.

Come back when you have gained some relevancy.

Wow, now post count is related to knowledge. How about Costas? biggrin.png

• Like 1

Brixton had tensions between police and locals in the late 70's/early 80's - culminating in the riots in 1981. That doesn't make it a no-go area.

Tottenham has had similar issues in more recent times. I know several white people that live there, too.

So why did these areas have problems......?

• Like 2

For a number of socio-economic reasons that are both complex and off-topic.

They weren't 'no-go' areas, though - which is the point here.

• Like 1

Nufink to do with economics, it was about a different culture wanting to do their own thing and dominate an area......plain and simple.............folk who did not want to live an English life and adapt.

Wanted to make a bit of turf their own.........That is the truth of it.......

• Like 2

This "no go zone" thing is just another example of how Muslim demonizers spread hatred and intolerance.

Really?

I thought hate and intolerance are spread via public beheadings on youtube.

You can't beat that!

Yes, it's a little known fact that white people are beheaded every day in Bradford.

I saw it on the Internet, it must be true. Let me find a link rolleyes.gif

Try here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Lee_Rigby

or here

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/picturegalleries/uknews/10076061/Woolwich-attack-in-pictures-British-soldier-killed-by-terrorists-in-south-London.html

perhaps here also

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-22644057

Oddly enough they were on the internet, on the TV news in the newspapers and they were so hard to find as well.

If you haven't been to the west for twenty-five years then don't comment.

And don't believe everything your read on the Internet.

Who died and left you in charge?

UG has a post count as of this post standing at 40,603.

You have 26.

Come back when you have gained some relevancy.

Wow, now post count is related to knowledge. How about Costas? biggrin.png

...and a 90 day wonder joins the conversation with his 1,621st post.

It isn't about post count nearly as much as it is about post content.

That's an area you might want to pay more attention to.

Edited by chuckd
  • Like 2

I saw one of these areas dominated by immigrants just recently. It was filled with businesses catering to the immigrants, with signage in their own language. There were immigrants everywhere, dressing and acting as they chose without any regard for local custom. They spoke their own language and expected locals in the area to do the same. Many of them seem to look down on the locals, and most made no effort to integrate with local culture in any way.

Sukhumvit, I think it was called.

What immigrants would that be? People on non-immigrant extensions of stay? Tourists? Overstayers?

I am NOT an immigrant. I am an alien living in Thailand on a Non Immigarant "O" visa that has been extended.

Nufink to do with economics, it was about a different culture wanting to do their own thing and dominate an area......plain and simple.............folk who did not want to live an English life and adapt.

That's simplistic, ill-informed nonsense.

But you've already decided what you think, so there's little point in trying to persuade you otherwise. No doubt for you any area where non white folk live was a 'no-go'.

My two black UK mates of over 30 years might give you some verbal at that assumption..........coffee1.gif

The blind will never see, such as yourself, UK and many countries are now facing huge problems for giving the hand of hope to many..................Wait and see chap............smile.png

...and a 90 day wonder joins the conversation with his 1,621st post.

It isn't about post count nearly as much as it is about post content.

That's an area you might want to pay more attention to.

'This is OUR turf. Got it?' whistling.gif

Thai Visa rapidly becoming a 'No-Go' Zone unless you have at least 20,000 posts on your employer's time.

• Like 2

That is not even close.

This "no go zone" thing is just another example of how Muslim demonizers spread hatred and intolerance.

Really?

I thought hate and intolerance are spread via public beheadings on youtube.

You can't beat that!

Yes, it's a little known fact that white people are beheaded every day in Bradford.

I saw it on the Internet, it must be true. Let me find a link rolleyes.gif

Try here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Lee_Rigby

or here

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/picturegalleries/uknews/10076061/Woolwich-attack-in-pictures-British-soldier-killed-by-terrorists-in-south-London.html

perhaps here also

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-22644057

Oddly enough they were on the internet, on the TV news in the newspapers and they were so hard to find as well.

It's called a terror attack. Believe it or not, white folk still live in Woolwich.