Simple Green

junglechef

Amorn Electronics sell a degreaser/engine Cleaner for about 165baht (If memory serve me correctly). Works a treat on my motorbike chain and any other areas that need a good clean. It comes in a blue plastic rectangular container and is called Smile Engine Clean.

Ive tried a lot of other degreasers but they didnt appear to work as well as this stuff. I just looked at a container and cant find the size but it looks to be 1 litre. The actual liquid inside is pink in colour.... and Ive been told a lot of automotive workshops use the same stuff but Id imagine they manage to get theirs in bulk from somewhere.

• Like 1

Thanks CMKiwi, I picked some up and will give it a go. I hope it isn't so strong that it could hurt the finish on my carbon frame.

Oscar2 stopped into RP @ Rumchok, no go but will chk Promenade next time in that area, thanx.

Junglechef,

I`d be inclined to add a little water first as I dont know how it reacts with your CF finish....and Id hate for it to do any damage. But in saying that Ive never used any gloves when using the stuff and never received anything close to a tingling or burning sensation.

I must ask the missus what all the thai info says on the container, I think there is something about diluting the product with water for various applications.

Good luck

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Junglechef,

I`d be inclined to add a little water first as I dont know how it reacts with your CF finish....and Id hate for it to do any damage. But in saying that Ive never used any gloves when using the stuff and never received anything close to a tingling or burning sensation.

I must ask the missus what all the thai info says on the container, I think there is something about diluting the product with water for various applications.

Good luck

If you add enough ammonia it will take the links off the chain.

It's a superb cleaning product that doesn't smell strong or cause issues, at least for me.

It's an all purpose cleaner and is an excellent insecticide.

AS with WD40 it has a lot of applications.

Not sure I want the links off the chain but you prob mean all the gunk

Using Morgan Blue chain cleaner (made in Belgium) I bought at Bike Corner and I cut it in half (it's expensive) with car soap and water.

Works great in my chain cleaner "machine"

I've been trying that Brite Chain Lube, a Thai product, and been happy with it too

Junglechef,

Good luck

In theory I'm in the process of ordering 12 gallons of Simple Green. As we all know things can go South here easily between ideas, plans, and execution. I was offered a discount price today because I asked what the normal shipping quantity was and I then adjusted my initial request from 8 to 12 gallons since I was told the shipping quantity per box was 6 gallons. I'd rather the order was not repacked . I think that's safer in terms of getting the order here safely.

I gather the price will be around 12,000 THB for the 12 gallons plus shipping costs. I'll find out after the fact if indeed it all comes to fruition.

My fingers are crossed.

I asked the Missus to offer the lady we're talking with to give her details and I'll send the lady an extra 1,500 THB after the fact. The lady declined the offer saying it is merely her job but I can't accept that. Her colleagues in past calls to the exclusive Thailand distributor told us everything was impossible. If this lady does as promised she's done far more than I've become accustomed to expect in Thailand customer service wise. I retorted to her by saying I'll send the baht to her parents as a gift. She liked that idea. It certainly works for me.

I'll always go with the flow but, nevertheless, hope it can go the direction I want when possible.

• Like 2