Adding Child (4 Years) To Nonb Visa

A friend of mine, have no kids myself, is staying at present on a non immigrant-B visa in Thailand. Recently he was joined by his son who will stay here for approx 6 months. At first entry he came in on a 30 day entry.

My friend informed himself by immigration in Patong how to go to have his boy a longer term visa. They said that he just could be added to his Non-B. Now he booked his flight for himself and the boy to KL to go to the embassy and have him added to the visa. When he told me I was surprised about this procedure.

Is there anyone who knows if this is correct and if so how to proceed. What paperwork required etc. etc. If not correct, what is the best way to go for him?

To add as info. He is USC and will start with school in the next weks or so.

Many thanks!

Have to correct my previous post.

After trying to get him more and coprrect info I had a look at his passport. He is not on a non-B but a non-O.....

A whole difference.....

My best guess is that non-O was issued as his father is also living here. The whole visa process was handled for him and he did not realize himself that he was here on a dependant visa. Oops!

Seeing this situation. Will he need to have a non-O for his little boy or will the boy 'added' to the existing visa? On the visa it states at present -accompanying children 0- If that will be changed to -accompanying children 1- is he OK? That is what he got advised by immigration in Patong.