ISIS gaining ground in Yemen, competing with al Qaeda

webfact

ISIS gaining ground in Yemen, competing with al Qaeda
By Brian Todd, CNN

Washington (CNN)The Syria-based terror group ISIS is active and recruiting inside the Middle Eastern state of Yemen, already a hotbed of terrorist activity, CNN has learned.

The disturbing information comes from a Yemeni official, who told CNN on Wednesday that ISIS has a presence in at least three provinces in southern and central Yemen, and there is now a "real competition" between ISIS and the Yemen-based terror group al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, or AQAP.

That competition manifested itself in a gun-battle between the two groups in Yemen's eastern provinces last month, the same official said, though he did not have specifics on the casualties that resulted from that incident.

CNN cannot independently confirm the claims.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/21/politics/isis-gaining-ground-in-yemen/index.html

cnn.com.jpg
-- CNN 2015-01-22

There is a new trend of coming to the roots of Muslim power in the Middle East and this is ISIS. EU in Europe, ASEAN in Asia, N.America Free Trade and so on. Nobody is trying to change the later. I do not think there is anything wrong with it. Does the West need to control the world affairs constantly with their money and guns, or let the people decide of what they want? Western type of democracy - in doubt anyway - is not universal for all humans. People are brainwashed in all system of government by government, media and especially religious groups which all are fanatical to a certain extend. God bless America is a good example of this. What if there is no god? Why to force lies on people? Is this has a different merit or agenda then ISIS? All is about control, isn't it?

• Like 1

There is a new trend of coming to the roots of Muslim power in the Middle East and this is ISIS. EU in Europe, ASEAN in Asia, N.America Free Trade and so on. Nobody is trying to change the later. I do not think there is anything wrong with it. Does the West need to control the world affairs constantly with their money and guns, or let the people decide of what they want? Western type of democracy - in doubt anyway - is not universal for all humans. People are brainwashed in all system of government by government, media and especially religious groups which all are fanatical to a certain extend. God bless America is a good example of this. What if there is no god? Why to force lies on people? Is this has a different merit or agenda then ISIS? All is about control, isn't it?

You make some very good points but you forget the main one.

Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

The real question for everyone to ask is which one of these corrupted people do we want in control.

I believe it is the ones who control the least.

Is that not why many of us run away to Thailand?

The real question for everyone to ask is which one of these corrupted people do we want in control.

I read Norvid's post and it kinda irritated me; I then realized I also agree with some of his points (the part that irritated me was the old part, who wants to believe it is not true):

1) The West has not wrought this problem but they hijacked islamic jihad to design their own ends based on your observation that they"need to control the world affairs constantly with their money and guns." Islamic Jihad never went away, it only slept until social media awakened it. I am not religious but "God Bless America" does not remotely trouble me as much as "Insh allah-" Allah willing; a total surrender to religious tyranny under the guise of divine command.

2) The idea that western style democracy is universal for all the globe will be one of history's unpleasant evaluations of how the western civilization came to an end. Indeed, even western style democracy as we see it practices in the US has devolved to mob rule; the framers never intended democracy, only democratic mechanisms in a Representative Republic. So, what is being exported to the world was first progressively insinuated as an American Coup last century. It is madness to try to have Islam with democracy. The imans who note they are incompatible are 100% correct; the laws of man cannot supersede Al Lah and the Koran is His word from above.

3) I had to read your conclusion twice, but yes, you are correct.

4) I hardly think it matters whether IS or AQ succeed in Yemen, in due time they will be indistinguishable. The new generation of AQ has much more in common with the scorched earth thinking of IS. It is all a matter of how the West will have influence, or not. As of today, 22 January 2015, a panel of US Generals has concluded what myself and others have been saying here for a long time- "the US has switched sides on the war on terror and funds and aids Al Queda." This has got to be the most chilling and alarming news of my generation and there is nearly a squeal on the news.

• Like 1

I read Norvid's post and it kinda irritated me; I then realized I also agree with some of his points (the part that irritated me was the old part, who wants to believe it is not true):

1) The West has not wrought this problem but they hijacked islamic jihad to design their own ends based on your observation that they"need to control the world affairs constantly with their money and guns." Islamic Jihad never went away, it only slept until social media awakened it. I am not religious but "God Bless America" does not remotely trouble me as much as "Insh allah-" Allah willing; a total surrender to religious tyranny under the guise of divine command.

2) The idea that western style democracy is universal for all the globe will be one of history's unpleasant evaluations of how the western civilization came to an end. Indeed, even western style democracy as we see it practices in the US has devolved to mob rule; the framers never intended democracy, only democratic mechanisms in a Representative Republic. So, what is being exported to the world was first progressively insinuated as an American Coup last century. It is madness to try to have Islam with democracy. The imans who note they are incompatible are 100% correct; the laws of man cannot supersede Al Lah and the Koran is His word from above.

4) I hardly think it matters whether IS or AQ succeed in Yemen, in due time they will be indistinguishable. The new generation of AQ has much more in common with the scorched earth thinking of IS. It is all a matter of how the West will have influence, or not. As of today, 22 January 2015, a panel of US Generals has concluded what myself and others have been saying here for a long time- "the US has switched sides on the war on terror and funds and aids Al Queda." This has got to be the most chilling and alarming news of my generation and there is nearly a squeal on the news.

Not sure if the quoted line in the 4th part is an actual reference - if it is, could you provide a link, please?

Not sure if the quoted line in the 4th part is an actual reference - if it is, could you provide a link, please?

"the US has switched sides on the war on terror and funds and aids Al Queda.

could that be a reference to the US sending troops to train moderate Syrian groups fighting Assad? Aren't some of these moderates sympathetic to AQ?

ggold - Morch I want to tell you I appreciate you not tearing into me for posting something so peculiar. But yes, its true and yes, these very phrases are being used to describe what the US has done.

http://leaksource.info/2014/04/24/committee-on-benghazi-us-switched-sides-in-the-war-on-terror-by-facilitating-500-million-in-weapons-deliveries-to-libyan-al-qaeda-militias-leading-to-benghazi-attack/

http://politibrew.com/politics/1707-generals-speak-out-on-benghazi-gun-running-to-al-qaeda

http://terrorism.trendolizer.com/2015/01/us-generals-conclude-obama-backed-al-qaida-probe.html

https://investmentwatchblog.com/probe-of-military-experts-finds-u-s-switched-sides-in-terror-war/

http://www.wnd.com/2015/01/generals-conclude-obama-backed-al-qaida/

http://www.aim.org/benghazi/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/CCB-Interim-Report-4-22-2014.pdf

Myself and others have been saying this for sometime and trying to weave this knowledge into the narratives here on TV that address the various World News troubles with islamic jihad, without sliding into conspiracy theory. Well, its not conspiracy theory; it is fact- the US side with AQ. The only sane conclusion is the one this panel reached. This is why Egypt ousted the USA installed Muslim Brotherhood. This is why when threatened with withholding aid, the GCC countries ran to Egypt with a package of aid because they too are primary targets if Obama has his way. This is why UAE and Egypt coordinated an air strike in Libya without first consulting the USA. This is horrifying.

Edited by arjunadawn
  • Like 1

You run away to Thailand because you wish to escape corruption ? Really ?

Which Thailand are you thinking of ?

You run away to Thailand because you wish to escape corruption ? Really ?

Which Thailand are you thinking of ?

Yes but Thailand is in your face petty corruption

That is one thing...

But a far cry from world domination seeking corruption

Thailand are like babes in the corruption world

Other have it down to a complex art

Edited by mania

ggold - Morch I want to tell you I appreciate you not tearing into me for posting something so peculiar. But yes, its true and yes, these very phrases are being used to describe what the US has done.

http://leaksource.info/2014/04/24/committee-on-benghazi-us-switched-sides-in-the-war-on-terror-by-facilitating-500-million-in-weapons-deliveries-to-libyan-al-qaeda-militias-leading-to-benghazi-attack/

http://politibrew.com/politics/1707-generals-speak-out-on-benghazi-gun-running-to-al-qaeda

http://terrorism.trendolizer.com/2015/01/us-generals-conclude-obama-backed-al-qaida-probe.html

https://investmentwatchblog.com/probe-of-military-experts-finds-u-s-switched-sides-in-terror-war/

http://www.aim.org/benghazi/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/CCB-Interim-Report-4-22-2014.pdf

Myself and others have been saying this for sometime and trying to weave this knowledge into the narratives here on TV that address the various World News troubles with islamic jihad, without sliding into conspiracy theory. Well, its not conspiracy theory; it is fact- the US side with AQ. The only sane conclusion is the one this panel reached. This is why Egypt ousted the USA installed Muslim Brotherhood. This is why when threatened with withholding aid, the GCC countries ran to Egypt with a package of aid because they too are primary targets if Obama has his way. This is why UAE and Egypt coordinated an air strike in Libya without first consulting the USA. This is horrifying.

*posts removed to allow reply*

Thanks.

As far as I can tell all the links are actually leading to the same source: a report by the Citizens Commission On Benghazi (not sure why all were provided, some simply cite each other). Hoped for something a bit more concrete (or, at least, less suspect of bias).

No wish to get sucked into our almost routine debate over whether this is a conspiracy theory or not, and whether the details denote a sinister plan at work or incompetence and short-sightedness. We shall have to remain disagreed.

*posts removed to allow reply*

Thanks.

As far as I can tell all the links are actually leading to the same source: a report by the Citizens Commission On Benghazi (not sure why all were provided, some simply cite each other). Hoped for something a bit more concrete (or, at least, less suspect of bias).

No wish to get sucked into our almost routine debate over whether this is a conspiracy theory or not, and whether the details denote a sinister plan at work or incompetence and short-sightedness. We shall have to remain disagreed.

Yes, we disagree. Its possible I added more merit to this story than perhaps it deserves; perhaps. I already believe this before this reporting or commission published anything. For me, I just look at the facts on the ground and had already reached a conclusion, very similar to what Seymour Hersch reported years ago. So, yea, perhaps I saw what confirmed my worldview.

ISIL fighting Al Qaeda, Go for it, and while you are at it could you two groups try to wipe out the Taleban while you are at it. Wouldn't it be funny if these three group, did them selves in? I thought that if you weren't any one of these three groups, you all in fact were the enemy, even if you are Muslim or Christian.

Funny world we live in, isn't it!

The timing could hardly be worse what with King Abdullah dying and his successor rumored to have dementia. Whether or not the U.S has switched sides or not is an interesting debate, but on reflection this itself is less important than the overall effect of U.S actions regardless of their intent. If Yemen is in a state of turmoil and the Iranians start trying to destabilize Saudi Arabia then the consequences are indeed frightening.

• Like 1

The timing could hardly be worse what with King Abdullah dying and his successor rumored to have dementia. Whether or not the U.S has switched sides or not is an interesting debate, but on reflection this itself is less important than the overall effect of U.S actions regardless of their intent. If Yemen is in a state of turmoil and the Iranians start trying to destabilize Saudi Arabia then the consequences are indeed frightening.

There is a frightening confluence of events ramping up. The USA has less and less influence in the mid east and less and less control over Isreal with the current insipid and impotent CIC. Saudi could very well be looking at some serious internal uprisings and the USA is likely to lose more influence there. Iran is gaining more influence in Yemen and Yemen is about to decend into complete anarchy with war in the streets and a threat to trade into the red sea and through the Suez.

The USA is going to side with who ever they believe is going to give them leverage in the region.

Some money to made in oil futures me thinks.

• Like 1

Some money to made in oil futures me thinks.

I think your right for all of your post but this especially so.

While folks have been smiling at what appears a glut of oil & low prices

it could all go drastically the other way soon enough

Gold as a precursor for instance loves fear & we have seen more movement there

the last few days than we have seen in a long time.

post-82547-0-73162800-1421988281_thumb.g

Some reports already named the successor's successor, so things might not turn chaotic at all. Was the late king effectively in control of the kingdom during recent years or were administrating things in his name?

Neighboring Oman could be in a more tricky situation with the aged Sultan not in best health and no successor named (as far as I am aware).

great!! let them go at each other. The west and everyone else should just step out of this and let these animals go after each other. Put harsh sanctions on each of these countries. Don't allow any refugees into our western countries and get these guys to straighten it out internally or live their lives like cavemen.

Unfortunately this will leave millions of people living under these various regimes but with the west out of it, these people will learn very quickly who the real devil is (their own clerics and religious zealots).

Then maybe after some time they will stand up for themselves and realize that religion has no place in government. they need to grow up and stop looking to post blame on others. Their lives are crap because they think Allah will provide everything they need.

Also hard to get any work done if you are praying all day.