Suspected 'drive-by dog shooter' surrenders to Thai police

webfact

Suspected 'Drive-By Dog Shooter' Surrenders to Police
By Khaosod English

14219232431421923367l.jpg
Wicha Boonluelak ® identified himself as the man who shot a nine-year-old female dog named "Sue Bue" on Lat Prao Road on 13 January. He surrendered to police on 22 Jan 2015.

BANGKOK — The motorist who allegedly shot and killed a stray dog in Bangkok last week surrendered himself to police today

Wicha Boonluelak, 32, identified himself as the man who shot a nine-year-old female dog named "Sue Bue" on Lat Prao Road on 13 January. The incident was captured on CCTV footage.

Witnesses told police that Sue Bue was barking at the car before the driver got out of the vehicle and fired at her. The dog later died at an animal hospital. Panita Sunthornrat, a 45-year-old resident in the area, then filed a complaint with police, urging them to prosecute the driver with the newly-passed animal protection law.

Police have charged Wicha with animal cruelty, possessing a firearm without a permit, using firearm in residential area without due cause, and carrying a firearm into residential area without due cause.

Wicha and his lawyer met with police at Chokechai Police Station at around 8 am today. He denied all charges and told police that he would only give testimony in the court.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1421923243

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-01-22

Quote: Wicha Boonluelak ® identified himself as the man who shot a nine-year-old female dog named "Sue Bue" on Lat Prao Road on 13 January. He surrendered to police on 22 Jan 2015.

BANGKOK — The motorist who allegedly shot and killed a stray dog in Bangkok last week surrendered himself to police today

Police have charged Wicha with animal cruelty, possessing a firearm without a permit, using firearm in residential area without due cause, and carrying a firearm into residential area without due cause.

Wicha and his lawyer met with police at Chokechai Police Station at around 8 am today. He denied all charges and told police that he would only give testimony in the court. Unquote.

Need I explain more? cheesy.gif

• Like 2

Given all of the problems, issues facing Thai society, it says something that this stupid topic was repeated endlessly on TV for the past two days. If I'd seen the CCTV of the damm dog being short one more time I was tempted to want to throttle the damm creature myself

Edited by GinBoy2
  • Like 2

"Police have charged Wicha with animal cruelty, possessing a firearm without a permit, using firearm in residential area without due cause, and carrying a firearm into residential area without due cause."

Charges sound fair given the facts, pity that reporting does not follow such criminals through the judicial system.

It is not just the fact that he shot the animal, but all the firearms charges are serious too.

Edited by Basil B
  • Like 1

@glegolo nothing specifically thai about it. Dogs have a far higher status in most western countries and pigs and cattle are treated shockingly in the west too.

If somebody shot a dog here in Australia the charges would be quite serious.

• Like 1

Give this guy a medal for helping getting rid of these obnoxious strays-of course many will be outraged at my comment but please stop and think for a second my my friends-you are eating thousands of carcasses that have been mercilessly slaughtered against their will every damn day-those animals also deserve to be protected but because of your demand to eat them they are mercilessly slaughtered-why dont you also condemn that practice rather than only condemning the killing of useless dogs,or rather eat the dogs as well, because they in reality are much less valuable to humans than cows in terms of the non violent food that the cows provide us with like milk-cheese-ice cream-youghurt etc.etc.Only a fool would choose to worship a dog which only passes filthy stool everywhere and barks and fights all night completely disturbing the atmosphere, except for the brain dead of course..

Agree 100%... couldn´t be said any better..

Glegolo

• Like 2

Should be given a machine gun, a medal and a pat on the back! He needs to come and do a few drive by shootings in my neck of the woods, these filthy mingy soi dogs need culling, in fact he could probably get a pat on the back for ridding us from some of their owners! Way to go! ploat the lot of them, filthy stinking mingy soi filth.

• Like 2

Give this guy a medal for helping getting rid of these obnoxious strays-of course many will be outraged at my comment but please stop and think for a second my my friends-you are eating thousands of carcasses that have been mercilessly slaughtered against their will every damn day-those animals also deserve to be protected but because of your demand to eat them they are mercilessly slaughtered-why dont you also condemn that practice rather than only condemning the killing of useless dogs,or rather eat the dogs as well, because they in reality are much less valuable to humans than cows in terms of the non violent food that the cows provide us with like milk-cheese-ice cream-youghurt etc.etc.Only a fool would choose to worship a dog which only passes filthy stool everywhere and barks and fights all night completely disturbing the atmosphere, except for the brain dead of course..

I said the same, give him a medal, and asked how the dog had an age and a name, got deleted. You are absolutely right

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I think they should bring caining as a punishment to thailand . Beat him with a stick . beatdeadhorse.gif.pagespeed.ce.adWp7jUAu alt=beatdeadhorse.gif width=65 height=78>guitar.gif alt=guitar.gif>

Certainly works in the Isle of Man off the coast of England

Given all of the problems, issues facing Thai society, it says something that this stupid topic was repeated endlessly on TV for the past two days. If I'd seen the CCTV of the damm dog being short one more time I was tempted to want to throttle the damm creature myself

To say nothing about yourself watching a dog being shot time and again for no reason other than you got off on it ?

Caught on camera but denies everything. So is he going with the 'Do you know who my father is?' defense? bah.gif

The CCTV doesn't show him or identify him so, no, not caught on camera.

"Wicha Boonluelak ® identified himself as the man who shot a nine-year-old female dog named "Sue Bue" on Lat Prao Road on 13 January. He surrendered to police on 22 Jan 2015"

"identified himself as the man" sort of covers it, doesn.t it?

Not the man? w00t.gif

No, not the man.

I think he should be given a medal and a full time job as soi dog shooter.

Man surrenders after being charged with killing dog 'without reason'
The Nation

30252478-01_big.JPG

BANGKOK: -- THE MURDER of a dog, even if it's a stray, will now matter in Thailand thanks to the newly enforced animal protection law. A 32-year-old man gave himself up to police yesterday to fight charges of killing a street dog late on January 13 as he was driving out of the Imperial Lat Phrao shopping mall.

Wicha Boonlualak, who initially denied the charges, was forced to surrender after a video clip showing the dog being shot near his parked Chevrolet went viral on social media, Chok Chai Police Station officer Namphet Sab-udom said.

The suspect only admitted that the car was his and insisted that he did not kill the dog, who was fondly referred to as "Khao Dang" or "Dumb the Dog" by local residents.

The gunman was not visible in the clip.

Yesterday, Wicha was charged with killing an animal without any reason under the 2014 animal protection law, as well as possessing and using a weapon in a community as per the law on weapons. Witnesses said Khao Dang and several other strays barked at Wicha's vehicle while he was driving out of the mall. They said some of these dogs might even have scratched the man's car, which incurred his wrath.

They also said this was not the first time this group of dogs had barked at him; they sometimes ganged up against him and his own dog, making as if they would attack them.

Panita Suntharat, who claimed to be the owner of the dead dog, said she was happy that Thailand now had an animal-rights law that forced this man to surrender.

"I came here [to the police station] to ask why he had to kill the dog just because she barked at him," she said, though she refused to meet Wicha in person.

"If my dog bites people, then I have to take responsibility. It should be normal practice from now on that if a dog attacks someone, the owners or those who take care of the dog have to take responsibility. While those who hurt animals, they have to be held responsible too," she said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Man-surrenders-after-being-charged-with-killing-do-30252478.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-01-23

What a tough guy this man is? Why does he get to wear a mask to hide his identity when he has pleaded guilty and those who don't are paraded in front of TV and made to go over the incident again. I hope he gets justice and he his set upon by a pack of soi dogs biting his manhood off. He deserves nothing less IMHO.

• Like 1

Hahahaha.... thais are a very strange kind of people I must say.... charging the guy with animal cruelty because he is shooting a stray dog that nobody even cares about.....

Than we all turnaround and see the passing truck with 102 pigs in Xsmall cages where the pigs cannot even stand up,,,, or maybe we can look at another passing truck with 22 cows forced to stand up because too crowded, so they cant even lay down......

Yes this is a strange country.....

Glegolo

whistling.gif .............