Suspected 'drive-by dog shooter' surrenders to Thai police

webfact

Hahahaha.... thais are a very strange kind of people I must say.... charging the guy with animal cruelty because he is shooting a stray dog that nobody even cares about.....

Than we all turnaround and see the passing truck with 102 pigs in Xsmall cages where the pigs cannot even stand up,,,, or maybe we can look at another passing truck with 22 cows forced to stand up because too crowded, so they cant even lay down......

Yes this is a strange country.....

Glegolo

whistling.gif .............

Thank you Eliot for repeating my great post ....... If you dont get it... than sorry...back to school again.

Out with the dogs.. I think it is the dogs, not the humans,,,, that should be forced to get VISA or extension of stays...

And if the dog in question can not show enough with food or fure, he shall be denied entry, and send back to the neighbouring country again...

Problem solved...biggrin.png biggrin.png biggrin.png biggrin.png biggrin.png

Glegolo

Whilst I don't agree with his method (discharging a gun in a public place) I do applaud his sentiment having been roused at 5.20 am by my neighbours' Great Dane whose booming bark shudders the window panes in a hundred metre circle. Despite numerous complaints they make no attempt to train/control it. These are selfish farang owners so I am not Thai bashing. The Thais merely allow packs of soi dogs to proliferate spreading disease and allowing unnecessary suffering to mangy, half-starved creatures.

• Like 2

First time I got bitten by a dog here in Thailand I went to the police station (200 meters from where it happened). My leg was bleeding from the bites, my pants was torned and the first thing the police asked was if the dog was OK. I wanted to report the dog and its owner but all I got back from the police was that as long as the dog was OK then I had no problem!

So basically you will be hold responsible if you hurt a dog that attacks you, not the dog or its owner!

• Like 2

Thailand needs animal control policies but their choice not to have them...live with it or go home...

The guy is in the wrong for killing the animal and use of a firearm...

Pretty stupid comments by an uneducated group of folks about congratulating the guy's behavior...

CB

So true.

Regardless of how annoying dogs may be, does it make it right to shoot them in a public place?

Like to see some of you saying this after a stray bullet hits your wife or kid cos some Somchai is peeved with a dog!

Some really sad, out-dated comments ... this aint the wild west you know!? Or maybe some of you don't.

Edited by lostmebike
  • Like 1

Thailand needs animal control policies but their choice not to have them...live with it or go home...

Pretty stupid comments by an uneducated group of folks about congratulating the guy's behavior...

CB

would you have preferred he cut the dog throat then? Shooting a dog is probably one of the more humane methods of killing and preferable to poison. If you are one of those meat eating animal 'lovers' who think dogs are pets (soi dogs are not) so are more equal than other mammals this is interesting:

Our European ancestors ate cats, dogs and BADGERS: Human teeth marks found on animal bones dating back just 3,100 years

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2921648/Our-European-ancestors-ate-cats-dogs-BADGERS-Human-teeth-marks-animal-bones-dating-just-3-100-years.html

Edited by dragonfly94
  • Like 1

Hahahaha.... thais are a very strange kind of people I must say.... charging the guy with animal cruelty because he is shooting a stray dog that nobody even cares about.....

Than we all turnaround and see the passing truck with 102 pigs in Xsmall cages where the pigs cannot even stand up,,,, or maybe we can look at another passing truck with 22 cows forced to stand up because too crowded, so they cant even lay down......

Glegolo

whistling.gif .............

Thank you Eliot for repeating my great post ....... If you dont get it... than sorry...back to school again.

Out with the dogs.. I think it is the dogs, not the humans,,,, that should be forced to get VISA or extension of stays...

And if the dog in question can not show enough with food or fure, he shall be denied entry, and send back to the neighbouring country again...

Problem solved...biggrin.png biggrin.png biggrin.png biggrin.png biggrin.png

Glegolo

I think you need to lay off the sauce there buddy.......

• Like 1

Whilst I don't agree with his method (discharging a gun in a public place) I do applaud his sentiment having been roused at 5.20 am by my neighbours' Great Dane whose booming bark shudders the window panes in a hundred metre circle. Despite numerous complaints they make no attempt to train/control it. These are selfish farang owners so I am not Thai bashing. The Thais merely allow packs of soi dogs to proliferate spreading disease and allowing unnecessary suffering to mangy, half-starved creatures.

Some years ago I had a friend in Sydney who had neighbors with a noisy dog. In order not to upset his relationship with the neighbors he simply and quietly removed the problem and buried it deep :)

• Like 1

CB

would you have preferred he cut the dog throat then? Shooting a dog is probably one of the more humane methods of killing and preferable to poison. If you are one of those meat eating animal 'lovers' who think dogs are pets (soi dogs are not) so are more equal than other mammals this is interesting:

Our European ancestors ate cats, dogs and BADGERS: Human teeth marks found on animal bones dating back just 3,100 years

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2921648/Our-European-ancestors-ate-cats-dogs-BADGERS-Human-teeth-marks-animal-bones-dating-just-3-100-years.html

In Switzerland some people still eat dogs and cats. It's illegal, but available in some restaurants.

As usual this thread like all the others on this subject degrades to 2 camps. The dog lovers and the rabid fanatical kill all soi dogs fan club. It is not the dogs fault. You should need a license to own a dog, you should have your dog wormed, vaccinated and micro chipped so you are responsible for your dogs actions. It should also be spayed and neutered as soon as it is of age this alone would solve many problems. Then again you would need a proper animal control service. Thai's are so uneducated about so many things why would you think that responsible pet ownership was something they would need as a priority. Even as a dog lover I would be in favour of a Soi dog cull IF I thought it would do anything. What do you think will happen 2 years from now....? You will be right back where you started. Start making the owners responsible for the dogs would be the first step but this isn't a Western country and no on gives a rats arse, so suck it up and face the fact that dogs will be roaming around Thailand forever. Also it is BS to think they don't have owners they all did at some point most won't admit it. Like a lot of irresponsible dog owners they love puppies but want nothing to do with adult dogs.

shudders the window panes in a hundred metre circle whistling.gif ....really? wouldn't be exaggerating a little bit there would we old mate blink.png

Glegolo

Not to mention I had a noisy crowd of thais outside my window 2 days ago, turned out to be cock fighting, quite legal here

Should be given a machine gun, a medal and a pat on the back! He needs to come and do a few drive by shootings in my neck of the woods, these filthy mingy soi dogs need culling, in fact he could probably get a pat on the back for ridding us from some of their owners! Way to go! ploat the lot of them, filthy stinking mingy soi filth.

Lets hope one of his bullets is a little of target and kills you. Or if you have childred kills your child. You sometimes get what you deserve.

Dumbest comment I've ever read on here. And thats saying a LOT

As usual this thread like all the others on this subject degrades to 2 camps. The dog lovers and the rabid fanatical kill all soi dogs fan club. It is not the dogs fault. You should need a license to own a dog, you should have your dog wormed, vaccinated and micro chipped so you are responsible for your dogs actions. It should also be spayed and neutered as soon as it is of age this alone would solve many problems. Then again you would need a proper animal control service. Thai's are so uneducated about so many things why would you think that responsible pet ownership was something they would need as a priority. Even as a dog lover I would be in favour of a Soi dog cull IF I thought it would do anything. What do you think will happen 2 years from now....? You will be right back where you started. Start making the owners responsible for the dogs would be the first step but this isn't a Western country and no on gives a rats arse, so suck it up and face the fact that dogs will be roaming around Thailand forever. Also it is BS to think they don't have owners they all did at some point most won't admit it. Like a lot of irresponsible dog owners they love puppies but want nothing to do with adult dogs.

You've correctly identified the problem, and also the reason its occurred and is long likely to. But theres no solution..

The only solution is culling, and there should be no law to stop people from doing that.

If people like that stupid woman who claims to have owned this dog kept it properly, then it wouldnt be out attacking passing cars. God knows what happens when a child rides past on a bike..

Then all the soi dogs can be culled off and no one can complain. Yes, I agree that the problem will reoccur but less likely so, if the thais know that if they dont look after their 'pet' properly it will get killed.

• Like 1

If people like that stupid woman who claims to have owned this dog kept it properly, then it wouldnt be out attacking passing cars. God knows what happens when a child rides past on a bike..

Then all the soi dogs can be culled off and no one can complain. Yes, I agree that the problem will reoccur but less likely so, if the thais know that if they dont look after their 'pet' properly it will get killed.

Standard Thai conduct, just trying for compensation, keep them in or on a lead. soi dogs cannot be 'owned' they are owner less strays. People do not own them just cos they put a collar on them and throw them leftover rice now and then.

Edited by dragonfly94

My friend was bitten on the pavement outside a shop in Sattahip. He went in to complain to the shop/dog owners. They were totally unperturbed - it was my friend's fault for walking on a public footpath and by extension walking in Thailand. Hospital fees/jabs cost him. This was not a soi dog but had owners who condoned this behaviour. Then it is no wonder people take the law into their own hands and donate rat-poison patties to offending creatures.

• Like 1

My friend was bitten on the pavement outside a shop in Sattahip. He went in to complain to the shop/dog owners. They were totally unperturbed - it was my friend's fault for walking on a public footpath and by extension walking in Thailand. Hospital fees/jabs cost him. This was not a soi dog but had owners who condoned this behaviour. Then it is no wonder people take the law into their own hands and donate rat-poison patties to offending creatures.

He should have gone to the cops, a Thai would ave for the hospital fees. If not he should have gone back and done it in, when in Rome!

CB

I would have preferred if he had just driven away.

Should be given a machine gun, a medal and a pat on the back! He needs to come and do a few drive by shootings in my neck of the woods, these filthy mingy soi dogs need culling, in fact he could probably get a pat on the back for ridding us from some of their owners! Way to go! ploat the lot of them, filthy stinking mingy soi filth.

Lets hope one of his bullets is a little of target and kills you. Or if you have childred kills your child. You sometimes get what you deserve.

Dumbest comment I've ever read on here. And thats saying a LOT

So you didn't read Vogele123's comment then :rolleyes:

can anyone on this forum identify what kind of gun was used to kill the dog from the CCTV footage?

can anyone identify where the man in the footage got the gun from ?

can anyone identify the man in the footage?

can anyone identify the circumstances prior to the footage?

Does anyone have proof that the man does not have a legal reason to be in possession of a firearm ?

can anyone prove that destroying the dog was an act of cruelty ?

The most significant thing from this story is the man did not answer questions at the police station, if ever you are in a situation where the police want to question you do as he has done, save what you have to say for court, the police are not asking you questions to help prove you are innocent.This applies in any country in the world not just Thailand.

The burden of proof now lays with the police and they have to prove the case beyond reasonable doubt, I doubt anyone can answer yes to the 6 questions in this post and doubt even more that they can produce proof of it.

can anyone explain why he bothered to give himself up then deny it?

have to go through the process, cant answer for law specific in Thailand but in a lot of countries avoiding arrest is an offence, and it is better to hand yourself in where you can control the situation(take a lawyer with you) then get hauled in by the cops.

and denying it maybe nothing more then not admitting it or it maybe that he knows the law and is denying the charges not the act ( might have a licence to carry the firearm, may have valid reason for discharging it, may not have caused "cruelty" under the law when destroying the dog)

Edited by outboard

Some nutters here saying a man with a gun - a criminal, shooting an animal in the street didn't do anything bad!

If that happened in your home countries, you would if you were of sound mind, think he should be jailed.

Mate if you can find 1 ! stray dog in my homecountry i 'll give you 100 euro.....

We like to have safe streets for children, traffic, pedestrians with petdogs and so on.