Problem with Thai wife, maybe wanting a divorce, advice please!

k butler

Your making me think twice.....as I'm about to get married to my Thai lady soon.

I think I'll just buy a foreign freehold condo the size of a house in MY name BEFORE getting married. Would she have any right to 50% of this should we get divorced?

Why is there a NEED TO GET MARRIED? Why?

No real need to get married no, but she is a keeper and I really do love her. She's got a professional job and her own money and never asked me for anything. So has her family told me they don't anything from me when we get married and I'm really accepted in her family and her by her friends.

Your making me think twice.....as I'm about to get married to my Thai lady soon.

I think I'll just buy a foreign freehold condo the size of a house in MY name BEFORE getting married. Would she have any right to 50% of this should we get divorced?

Don't you think some people are wise to this.??? really come on... perhaps you haven't been in Thailand for long.

When u accidently fall of the balcony she gets 100%. I know an American guy who brought one on the 1st floor at View Talay (one of them on the left as you go down to Jomtien) He said I have a good survival rate if I slip one night. Now that's a guy with his head screwed on.

Then the first floor it will be.... Why will she get 100% if I made it out in my Will to go to someone ells should something happen to me ?

Of course she will. You signed a new one just before you croaked.

C'mon man read up on these things cheesy.gif

A very wise friend of mine said to me just before I got married the 2nd time. Why are you doing it?? don't do it m8, just rent them. a lot less hassle. giggle.gif now I wish I took his advice..

• Like 1

No real need to get married no, but she is a keeper and I really do love her. She's got a professional job and her own money and never asked me for anything. So has her family told me they don't anything from me when we get married and I'm really accepted in her family and her by her friends.

In that case just do the Thai wedding then. That's the important thing. The party and music. A big show job done without the need for that pesky bit of paper.

• Like 1

'Your making me think twice.....as I'm about to get married to my Thai lady soon.'

Why marry if she is not pregnant and you have no joint kids. Enjoy the relationship, help her ..., but once you are married you are co-joined legally, financially and morally and you are in her big extended family ( parents etc need a nice house darling)... Incidentally if she has been a bar girl it does not dam her for life and maybe she had to do it...but be weary frequent sex with foreigners probably has been part of her culture. Live, love, enjoy but marry I would never again if only because the culture thing is so difficult.

Edited by peter48
  • Like 1

In that case just do the Thai wedding then. That's the important thing. The party and music. A big show job done without the need for that pesky bit of paper.

Thanks for that mate, sound like a good plan....??

• Like 1

And remember this.... I was told it by a very smart French man a few years ago.

"Once they get to 30 they start to go crazy"

Cant help but think, I had met a few in their 20's who had gone already but my current wife is in her 30's now and his words are ringing in my ears. Every time I hear her shouting and cussing in Thai.

Sometimes I wish my life was like my sons X Box One. When you make a mistake and crash you hit the rewind button and don't do it again. Its great. Sadly life is not the same.

• Like 1

And remember this.... I was told it by a very smart French man a few years ago.

"Once they get to 30 they start to go crazy"

Cant help but think, I had met a few in their 20's who had gone already but my current wife is in her 30's now and his words are ringing in my ears. Every time I hear her shouting and cussing in Thai.

Sometimes I wish my life was like my sons X Box One. When you make a mistake and crash you hit the rewind button and don't do it again. Its great. Sadly life is not the same.

??? Mine is 34 now and never been married before with no kids and I find her very relaxed and quite normal

Sell it when you think it's gone awry. The farang is a walking ATM that soon expires.

Before I married my wife she had separated from her Thai hubby who left her, he refused when she asked him, she went to her lawyer he took it to court for her and she was granted the divorce he charged her 10,000baht.

He died 1 yr after in his sleep mid 40s. My wife had a word with her brother about him being difficult big monk,

She thinks he had a word with the spirits not the whisky ones. So be carefull.

But it is true you are by law entitled to 50% of all assets. See a lawyer. As far as I know the court will issue a notice she has to sell the assets. You could do a deal with the 2 cars you have one and she has one. Where are you based, I have a very good female lawyer and good friend she has done very good for a few Falang up here in KHon KAEN. I do not think it matters where you are she can do from here. If you want details send message to me.

Kiwi Kenny

I will sleep much better tonight, knowing the Thai woman after being asked to pay her 50% would rush straight out, sell the property and give the ex his half.

Oh wait! I just remembered, unless you are willing to be an enforcer here- nothing will be enforced.

Bobby G

• Like 1

all i can say is your better off getting divorced in thailand.four year" marriage" cost me £50,000 in the UK

GBP 35,000 ($50k) per annum maintenance and a straight half of all assets for my English wife in the UK, now deceased (no children). GBP 38,000 over the course of 3 years in legal fees - she had been a legal sec and knew where to get one of the the best and most expensive London lawyers.

OK - I may be mad getting married again 10 years later, but got a lovely Thaiglish daughter out of it and divorce here sounds a breeze financially in comparison! Got pre-nups this time round of course.

Just remembered - it wasn't even a divorce, just legal separation. Adding divorce on top could have cost me half my pension and another legal snout in the trough as well. Luckily my ex-wife thought she was being cute and vengeful (she had cause, but twas not sex) not 'letting me have' a divorcetongue.png. I had no intentions of remarrying, same as many of the posters on here.

So far back now I'd forgotten about the stress. Hope you can make it a fair and balanced agreed settlement OP. Life is great once you've got your first marital relationship behind you!

Don't get married if you are living in the UK or intending to return there with your TW.

Edited by SantiSuk
  • Like 1

Don't get married if you are living in the UK or intending to return there with your TW.

Or the USA, or Australia, or Germany ..........

It's a negotiation. We were on my mates boat back in Oz. I was going through a divorce and so was he. I was scared as hell! Then he told me his story. He agreed to give her half but she wanted it all and more, got herself a high powered attorney. He tells her flat out. "Listen here love! I will disappear for a few years, crawl inside a wiskey bottle and when I come out on the other side I may be broke. You and your attorney (and yes she was having sex with the attorney) can have a go at me then, or..................... you can have half as previously agreed upon"

case closed

b

I would not talk too much to the wife...as to my plans to get a lawyer and retrieve 50% of the bounty...your best bet is to keep a low profile until this thing is over with...be careful so that her "Thainess" does not cause you bodily harm...

• Like 1

Some Thai woman can hire a killer from Burma, Cambodia or even next house. It costs here from 5 000 bath. I think it is the simplest and most profitable way to divorce.

To kill foreigner is cost 500,000 not 5,000, if kill Thai is 1,000,000. Sorry farang not worths...Lol...

Gurantee!!

PS. I am kidding

?

I know an Aussie guy who was married for several years ran a succesful restaurant bought a house condo and land all in her name

he went to the hospital for some tests and came home and told his wife he had throat cancer

she split with him the next day..devastaed he went back to aus and took two years to get sorted then returned to Thailand

went to see the wife to sort out the divorce and split of the assets and was threatened with murder if he tried to take the matter to court

nice people...wouldnt trust anyone here especially when the girl is old enough to be your daughter/grandaughter

I know an Aussie guy who was married for several years ran a succesful restaurant bought a house condo and land all in her name

he went to the hospital for some tests and came home and told his wife he had throat cancer

she split with him the next day..devastaed he went back to aus and took two years to get sorted then returned to Thailand

went to see the wife to sort out the divorce and split of the assets and was threatened with murder if he tried to take the matter to court

nice people...wouldnt trust anyone here especially when the girl is old enough to be your daughter/grandaughter

My Mate in Torquay (and he was only in his 40's) was in a hospice dieing of cancer. His Thai Tilac (Lek) had already moved a taxi driver into their home and he wasn't even dead. Nobody could bring themselves to tell him.

That's just one story and I could tell u dozens.

Don't be surprised on how they deal with their divorce settlement there.

• Like 1

This is a puzzle for me.... regarding property, I do not know how you can claim property that is entirely owned by her?

Anyway, you must know that you are needing reconciliation. Because you do not cite reasons for her feelings, it sounds like you have already decided to cut and run, regardless of how it may ruin you financially. It also definitely points to a clod, clueless man who can get this far in a failing relationship without seeing it coming and, more now, finding out what are the problems. You need a sympathetic Thai to go between you so you can find out what is wrong and then address it. Staying is nearly always better in your situation that splitting.

• Like 1

See a lawyer - you may be entitled to up to 50%

Can she prove she earned the funds for the purchases?

Did she pay tax on those earnings?

Etc etc.

There is no need for the paper proof regarding who bought what... After that long of a marriage it is as you say, he gets the 50% but he has to also as you say; see a lawyer and make this happen.

Sounds bad but think you should explain to wife not ask strangers advice on such matters like how old are you just weird asking stranger about your wife who you would know Bette than this group really

Not true as the members here have years and years of experience of the delights and tragedies of Thai life and together they give their experience of the vicissitudes of Thai relationships. Without doubt there is such a thing as Thai women being slightly mad at times be it the heat, family pressures, money pressures, work pressures whatever it comes out in different ways. Do not marry her but live with her is best advice. Also Never live in some remote rural village stay in a farang area with other options. Not all are problematic but many are and its best to know that and people here have not just got off the last cheap plane flight.

Edited by peter48

Sounds bad but think you should explain to wife not ask strangers advice on such matters like how old are you just weird asking stranger about your wife who you would know Bette than this group really

Not true as the members here have years and years of experience of the delights and tragedies of Thai life and together they give their experience of the vicissitudes of Thai relationships. Without doubt there is such a thing as Thai women being slightly mad at times be it the heat, family pressures, money pressures, work pressures whatever it comes out in different ways. Do not marry her but live with her is best advice. Also Never live in some remote rural village stay in a farang area with other options. Not all are problematic but many are and its best to know that and people here have not just got off the last cheap plane flight.

Another solution to keep your house. Buy her 1 Baht of gold every month. She may love you to bits. Do the sums and see if it works??

You must consult a lawyer and not listen to our advise. You must declare all details to the lawyer who can help you if you get half of everything, some or nothing. You have another solution too. Just tell your wife Oh my God I have inherited 2 million dollar and see what the reaction will be. Just say you have to wait for a year to get the money.