Bangkok Police Launch Sweep of Pattaya Bars

britmaveric

Elections are coming I think it was more for show - hence all the reporters with them. Didnt nick anyone either. :D

One cafe and one bar were hit with 30 day shutdowns for underage customers.

Age checks are still being carried out. :D

Hmmm thats news think the reporter would have mentioned that??? :o Which ones? (prob obscure)

Elections are coming I think it was more for show - hence all the reporters with them. Didnt nick anyone either. :D

One cafe and one bar were hit with 30 day shutdowns for underage customers.

Age checks are still being carried out. :D

Hmmm thats news think the reporter would have mentioned that??? :o Which ones? (prob obscure)

Not big well known bars. :D

FUNNY???? Ya'Oh as a former 'nightcd' clubclub' [6 years ] owner///pimp I could w/out a doubt tell you the BKK "official' in charge---He's an OK GUY. [in fact my joint was on the approved list for military/police officers to 'patronize' in a non-official, ie customer capacity. Never a problem. I've even got on film my routine 'contrualbution for assistance with His new Harley. WHO DOES A REAL 'SWEEP' WITH A "GAGGLE" OF mEDIA ALONG. CClub owners were certaintly pre-informed---so of course no arrests. STUPID, opps no very amunizing article certaintly meant for reactionary humous($} appeal. Wish I'd been tagging along!!!!!!

F

PATTAYA: -- On Thursday evening a squad of 70 Bangkok-based police decided it was time they had a little sojourn into the fleshpots of Pattaya and spent some hours wandering about the various beer bar complexes and go-go bars as well as a couple of the more infamous soapy massage joints.

Accompanied by a frothing gaggle of media hacks, all armed with television cameras as well as the latest in still digital cameras, the upstanding men and women of the Bangkok police force visited the Sabailand Massage Parlour on Second Road, at the corner of Soi 3 if any of you are not quite sure where to find it. Here they interviewed a number of the more attractive and younger looking girls, asking them to produce their Identification cards in order to prove that they were all over the legal age to engage in activities involving water, soap and excitable men.

Satisfied with this, the police troop then moved onto a number of beer bars in the Soi 2 area and once again were compelled to chat with the more attractive and younger looking girls, checking identification cards and asking about the health and well-being of sundry family members and farmyard stock.

Then it was into a couple of the go-go bars where many members of the media were excited to find a large number of ladies who were wearing g-string bikinis. The flashbulbs of the cameras in the media scrum helped to really light up the dressing rooms and general area of the chrome pole palaces while the very professional police persons asked the girls to produce their ID cards. Most of the girls were forced to go into their lockers in order to show the plastic cards, explaining it was difficult to keep the card on their person when dressed in not much more than a pair of boots and a smile.

A senior policemen told one bar owner that the 2:00AM closing time should be enforced and that staying open later than this is against the law. The bar owner allegedly told the policeman that he paid a little extra money each month in order to stay open later, but the Bangkok officer said whoever he paid the money to it couldn’t possibly be a genuine member of the constabulary, as this sort of thing was frowned upon. :D:o He warned the bar owner to be wary of mafia types who tried to pass themselves off as policemen in order to extort money from law-abiding citizens.

-- Pattaya City News 2006-08-18

FUNNY???? Ya'Oh as a former 'nightcd' clubclub' [6 years ] owner///pimp I could w/out a doubt tell you the BKK "official' in charge---He's an OK GUY. [in fact my joint was on the approved list for military/police officers to 'patronize' in a non-official, ie customer capacity. Never a problem. I've even got on film my routine 'contrualbution for assistance with His new Harley. WHO DOES A REAL 'SWEEP' WITH A "GAGGLE" OF mEDIA ALONG. CClub owners were certaintly pre-informed---so of course no arrests. STUPID, opps no very amunizing article certaintly meant for reactionary humous($} appeal. Wish I'd been tagging along!!!!!!

F

Does anyone understand that last post? :o

Edited by davethailand

F

Does anyone understand that last post? :o

No,

But I'm on my way out now....I'll re-read it again after a dozen beers.

I've had a few beers. This is the gist of it:

• This was not a real raid - it was just for the press
  • The bar owners were all warned in advance
  • He has filmed police taking bribes in the past
  • The article was really a joke

At least that's what I think he wrote. With his literary style, he could get a job teaching in Thailand! :o

Edited by Charma

Why is it that they always target the pretty girls?

They are not underage.

Then the pretty girls get frightened and run away.

This leaves a vacuum and the seasoned old pros replace them.

This leaves a vacuum and the ladyboys are quick to move in.

Then the ladyboys are replaced by homosexuals.

This is why Pattaya has become a mecca for homosexuals.

Is this what they want to achieve?

There's a glue sniffer on every forum :o

Go forth and multiply tw@t :D

The bar owner allegedly told the policeman that he paid a little extra money each month in order to stay open later, but the Bangkok officer said whoever he paid the money to it couldn’t possibly be a genuine member of the constabulary, as this sort of thing was frowned upon. He warned the bar owner to be wary of mafia types who tried to pass themselves off as policemen in order to extort money from law-abiding citizens.

Mafia posing as Police? Or Police posing as Mafia? Heaven forbid......... :o

My golden rule is simple when it comes to the Thai filth. The higher the rank, the more fruit salad you see on the chest, the more gold stars- the bigger the crook.

If unfortunate to be caught in some monkey business pay off the lowest ranked cop as quickly as possible and bolt.

If the brass gets involved the bribe will be ten times higher as the food chain must all get a feed.

I remember a <deleted> in Phuket 20 years ago got locked up for having a joint. I arranged a 10,000 baht drink for the cuntstable who arrested him.

Another farang went to the main police station in Phuket to complain to higher ranked officers of this mans plight. In the end 10 grand became 60 grand. :D

I just got pulled over an hour ago, for not wearing my seatbelt, the officer said he had to take my licence or I needed to pay a 100 baht fine. I told him that he wasn't a policeman because that sort of thing was frowned upon by police and so he must be a mafia guy pretending in be a police officer.

And he would get nothing from me.....................he said "yes you are correct, you caught me, and then let me drive off."

(can you tell if this story is real or not)

Accompanied by a frothing gaggle of media hacks

members of the media were excited to find a large number of ladies who were wearing g-string bikinis

The flashbulbs of the cameras in the media scrum

-- Pattaya City News 2006-08-18

:o self-indictment by PCN??

A Gaggle....frothing......G Strings and Flashing......YES! :D

I just got pulled over an hour ago, for not wearing my seatbelt, the officer said he had to take my licence or I needed to pay a 100 baht fine. I told him that he wasn't a policeman because that sort of thing was frowned upon by police and so he must be a mafia guy pretending in be a police officer.

And he would get nothing from me.....................he said "yes you are correct, you caught me, and then let me drive off."

(can you tell if this story is real or not)

Thats so funny. Incidentally Pattayas best bar kicks off at 7 in the morning.

You know Issan must be very different, I have never been aked for Tea money here, But I did pay up in Bangkok, or course I did run a red kight and deserved a fine. I have been warned a few times here, U t I try to folow the rules. But I don't call them mafia either