German court upholds man's right to pee standing up

webfact

German court upholds man's right to pee standing up

BERLIN (AP) — A German court has ruled that a tenant who liked to pee standing up doesn't owe his landlord money for damages apparently caused by splashing, or missing his target altogether.

The Duesseldorf administrative court rejected the landlord's claim of 1,900 euros ($2,200) for alleged damage to the bathroom's marble floor, the dpa news agency reported Thursday.

While accepting expert testimony that urine had damaged the marble, Judge Stefan Hank ruled the man's method was within cultural norms, saying that "despite the increasing domestication of men in this context, urinating standing up is still common practice."

Hank said further that the tenant could have expected "regular conflicts" with those he lived with — but not that the bathroom's marble floor would be damaged.

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2015-01-24

• Like 1

While accepting expert testimony that urine had damaged the marble, Judge Stefan Hank ruled the man's method was within cultural norms, saying that "despite the increasing domestication of men in this context, urinating standing up is still common practice."

It's comforting to know that at least one person in Farang Land qualifies as an expert in assessing damage caused by pee splashing on the floor. In Thailand there are quite a few of these experts available for testimony. The lady in the "lab coat" in the photo below has post-graduate training in this specialized crime scene analysis.

post-145917-0-95246500-1422091655_thumb.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1

First of all, either the marble is defective, or this guy has very potent urine!

Secondly, "society" telling men that they must sit to pee? Just when you think that there aren't any other ways to shaft men (and boys), something else turns up!

• Like 1

It was a poor choice of floor covering in a bathroom, normal wear and tear, the floor should have been sealed to prevent liquid damage. marble is a very porous material.

Men only sit in a bathroom for one reason.

Edited by steve187
  • Like 1

One common component of marble is calcite. A component of urine is uric acid. Google how calcite reacts to acid being dropped on it. Couple this with the fact if this guy was missing the toilet once then he was probably missing the toilet on many days. So over time mixing calcite with acid I could see the marble becoming pitted.

The crazy judge is essentially saying that the defendant should only pay for damage he inflicted if he did so while doing something outside of normal. Is he saying this dirty man experienced fair wear and tear....to a marble floor, from urine?????

Precisely. Not a damage but expectable wear and tear.

• Like 1

First of all, either the marble is defective, or this guy has very potent urine!

Secondly, "society" telling men that they must sit to pee? Just when you think that there aren't any other ways to shaft men (and boys), something else turns up!

Marble is porous

I live in Thailand and whenever I pee at home I sit down. When not at home I usually sit to pee in a shopping centre or friends' homes if the seat is clean. I do this because I have never forgotten the comic sign I once saw in a public toilet which read " The Management's aim is to keep these toilets clean, so your aim will help us"!

Peeing standing up is not the smartest thing to do. I still do it, but I am conflicted about it. I mean nobody can see you usually, so why not just sit down and keep all the piss in the pot? At least that is what I think, as I stand there making all that noise.

• Like 1

It was a poor choice of floor covering in a bathroom, normal wear and tear, the floor should have been sealed to prevent liquid damage. marble is a very porous material.

Men only sit in a bathroom for one reason.

Legs aching? OK I only asked

Marble unlike Granite is porous and does not like red wine or urine.

As for shafting men and boys are there not laws governing that whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

• Like 2

Peeing standing up is not the smartest thing to do. I still do it, but I am conflicted about it. I mean nobody can see you usually, so why not just sit down and keep all the piss in the pot? At least that is what I think, as I stand there making all that noise.

Didnt know there was any other way to piss except standing up unless u need to crap too! Seems the natural thing to do. Having said that Ive seen men in India squatting to piss at the side of the road.