'Heartbroken' Canadian tourist attempts suicide in Pattaya bar

webfact

Actually, if the Nation's rival English paper is correct and his ex girlfriend was Uzbek, some people might (or might not) want to review their replies with reference to the bar girls.

Whereas it is true that the ex could well have been on the game (lot of eastern Europeans in the playground now), they could also have been travelling together and the relationship was more than it first appears.

I do have a little sympathy for the Canadian, depressed state fuelled by alcohol with maybe other unidentified issues.

Just glad they didn't name the bar it happened in. Not good for the image you know.

• Like 2

Reminds me of a funny story years ago in BKK. A former colleague (young fella and fairly new to Thailand) invited me out to meet his new girlfriend. He and I met at Bourbon St. for dinner and afterwards were going to the bar where his new gal was working nearby. Of course, when I raised an eyebrow I got the "this one is different mate. And she wants to get out of the scene" spiel.

On our way to the bar, we ran into my retired American buddy passing thru the parking lot of Washington Sq. Introductions were made and it was decided the three of us would grab a beer at said GFs bar.

Being, the gentleman that he is the young fella opened the door for his elders. As we entered, an attractive young lady bounced out of her barstool and ran up to my older American friend with a hug and kiss and something to the effect of "Tilac, where go you? I miss you too much."

What followed was the most awkward silence I've experienced as she quickly realized her supposed BF was standing slightly behind me and the young fella quickly realized that "this one ISN'T different, mate."

All ended well as the three of us decided to grab a beer at Cowboy and had a good laugh about it.

Based on the antics in some of the bars in WS years ago, I think your lovestruck friend got off easy. The old relics needed to go (the buildings and the staff), but it's still sad to see some of BKK's more colorful history replaced by franchises and a Holiday Inn, with a large swathe of the cleared block still awaiting development. Will be interesting to see how much of it remains vacant on my next trip up Sukhumvit.

pegman, on 24 Jan 2015 - 13:06, said:

oldsailor35, on 24 Jan 2015 - 12:46, said:

Obviously that poor woman was being 'led atray' by the other nasty falang who did not know that she belonged to the Canadian. sad.png

Soi 16, may not have been farang. Could it have been that Indian who was caught with the fake credit cards?

BP states his EX girlfriend was Uzbek.

S.B.

Guy Persian

Good thing his girl was different. Otherwise it could have been much worse facepalm.gif

There ought to be a law. No love starved naive farangs allowed. That would probably be at least half the farangs in Thailand. Make them write a test or something. Not anyone on this board of course. We all go to Thailand for the weather and foodwhistling.gif . Nobody here messes with bargirls and everyones girl here is different....cheesy.gif.

Everytime I see one of these stories I half expect to click on the link and find that it's someone I know. Several guys I know are riding the Sesaket highway right now.

Edited by lapd

looking for love in thailand? in a bar? with a hooker?? so sad, love is for women and there own kids and by kids i mean kids under there teen years, this guy in some ways by the sound of it must of been stupid, probally ugly and old so it makes take a guess that he would be with a older girl to begin with, one with a kid most likely herself, to think a canadian out of jealousy for the relationship the old bar girl had with her own child is just too funny, and yes im being sarcastic, but please grow up sex i mean romance tourist, luv is for kids, sex tourism is for adults.

A post has been removed

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

Good thing his girl was different. Otherwise it could have been much worse facepalm.gif

There ought to be a law. No love starved naive farangs allowed. That would probably be at least half the farangs in Thailand. Make them write a test or something. Not anyone on this board of course. We all go to Thailand for the weather and foodwhistling.gif . Nobody here messes with bargirls and everyones girl here is different....cheesy.gif.

Everytime I see one of these stories I half expect to click on the link and find that it's someone I know. Several guys I know are riding the Sesaket highway right now.

I thought Persian not Farang? Am I wrong folks?

• 1 month later...

<snip> "pithy" comments deleted.

<snip>Sigh. More "pithy" comments deleted.

It seems to be such a common occurrence that it hardly raises an eyebrow anymore.

Agreed....you are not sure whether to laugh at the guy's foolishness,

or to feel sorry for him.

I chuckled first, come to think of it, I kept chuckling.

Luckily home was Hong Kong at that time and only a couple of hours away.

Some seem that they can't face that trip and decide to jump off the bridges at the airport.

Oh dear.

"PATTAYA A foreign tourist attempted suicide in a bar in Pattaya this morning after he saw his ex-girlfriend with another man, police say."

So he was shocked to see a prostitute with another customer?

Honestly, some of the people that go to Pattaya are ill-equipped to deal with it emotionally.

Yes, quite rare for the gentleman to see anything more then a business transaction. What was he thinking?

sorry, most crimes of rage I know of, in the west anyway, the guy usually knifes the ex girlfriend. Seems kind of odd that all the foreigners in Thailand that get upset hurt or kill themselves. Let's see the cctv footage please and who was actually holding the knife and who attacked who

I think the general descriptions that comes to mind, when hearing of something like this is pathetic, girly, wimpy, ridiculously vulnerable, soft hearted, silly, ugly, undignified, creepy, and generally the opposite of something Bond, or any real man would do. For God's sake, get a life! How many other fish are there out there. And judging by where this bloke was hanging out, want to put a wager on how small a chance it was that she was NOT a hooker? Wasting yourself over a hook?

I think the general descriptions that comes to mind, when hearing of something like this is pathetic, girly, wimpy, ridiculously vulnerable, soft hearted, silly, ugly, undignified, creepy, and generally the opposite of something Bond, or any real man would do. For God's sake, get a life! How many other fish are there out there. And judging by where this bloke was hanging out, want to put a wager on how small a chance it was that she was NOT a hooker? Wasting yourself over a hook?

Ever thought of working for the Samaritons?:blink:

• Like 1

Funny how sexpats always leave there brains at the arrival hall in suvarnabhumi, I mean really, would these people behave the same way in there own country's, I think not.

Nice of you to join the thread, 6 days after the OP.
Thought I'd put my two pence in

Funny how sexpats always leave there brains at the arrival hall in suvarnabhumi, I mean really, would these people behave the same way in there own country's, I think not.

Nice of you to join the thread, 6 days after the OP.
Thought I'd put my two pence in
OK I understand, ssssllloooowwwww, internet conneeeeecccccc ;-)