Thai Industry Ministry considers plan to promote biodegradable plastics industry

webfact

Industry Ministry considers plan to promote biodegradable plastics industry

BANGKOK, 24 Jan 2015 (NNT) – The Ministry of Industry and the Federation of Thai Industries will discuss a plan to promote the biodegradable plastics industry, with the Deputy Prime Minister in charge of economic affairs, early next week.

The idea of developing a compostable plastics industry as the country’s top new export came after a meeting between private operators and the assistant to the Minister of Industry Pramote Wittayasuk.

According to Mr. Pramote, Thailand has the potential to become the world’s supplier of biodegradable plastics, since the country is Asia’s biggest and the world’s second biggest producer of cane sugar and tapioca, which are the raw materials for biodegradable plastic.

The Ministry of Industry and the Federation of Thai Industries will on Monday discuss the issue with the Deputy PM Pridiyathorn Devakula and will also propose incentives including tax deductions for operators involved in the biodegradable plastic industry.

North America is currently the major market for compostable plastic, representing 40 percent of the global consumption. Markets in Europe and Asia each account for 30 percent. The Ministry of Industry intends to set a volume target for compostable plastic beads, of one million tons per year in 2020.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-01-24 footer_n.gif

• Like 2

Woud be great to promote this. Just look at the beaches and next to all steets... plastic everywhere! I hope they forbid the production of common Plasticbottles, bags, covers and other platicstuff soon as posible.

• Like 1

Sounds like a great plan which probably means posters whining, complaining and providing negative comments to follow.

Which one of these rules apply to this post? Answer to a Moderator bgy clicking the Report button on the left of JTJ post

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

8) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

To cut plastic bag use would also be a good idea.

I have never seen so much plastic, its all over.

Yup. And when it's biodegradable they will throw even more away. OK, it will disappear after a while but if they keep on throwing new garbage on top of it it will still be looking, eeeh, crappy?

Sounds like a great plan which probably means posters whining, complaining and providing negative comments to follow.

Which one of these rules apply to this post? Answer to a Moderator bgy clicking the Report button on the left of JTJ post

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

8) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

Obviously none as my post is still there. Now if it was against forum rules to predict the obvious and see it come true then there would be a problem. wink.png

Although your post is petty(not blatant) in my opinion and wouldn't rise to my level of needing to be reported, I will share some advice with you once again and that is by directing your post directly at me and encouraging others to abuse the report button, you may be making yourself a target for being reported especially since you may have crossed over the lines of all 3 of the rules you mention along with the general rule ...

Please use the report button only for posts in blatant violation of the forum rules. Misuse of the report button is not allowed.

and also rules of Forum Netiquette

6. Please do not abuse the report function by multiple reports of the same thing, or by using it to score points against another member.

And since it appears you may believe my post was somehow insulting also...

9. Please do not respond to insults with more insults but rather use the report button to report inflammatory posts.

But as I told you shortly ago on the other thread where you posted saved photos (again) you apparently have archived of my posts, I find your obsession with me flattering but you should try to use the PM feature. I'd hate to see you go for stalking and don't think anyone enjoys your disrupting these threads do to your attraction towards me and your need to come onto a thread like this where you have nothing to add to discussion except for your intense desire to get my attention. Again, I like it but just think it is disrupting to other members and a Personal Message would be better.

Edited by JohnThailandJohn