Where Could I Get An Original Cupholder For My Mitsubishi L 200/ Strada

lostinisaan

Hello and Sawasdee Khrap,

I just came back from Mitsubishi, where I'd ordered a "cup/can/ beer bottle holder" for my Pick Up. Unfortunately, they're trying to order one, but it turned out that it would take 2 to 3 months to order it from Japan.

I had one before a terrible cash, where a guy'd almost killed me. He wasn't successful killing me, but the car was pretty much done, that it had to be rebuilt twice. The first company decided that they wanted to keep my front bumper, plus some stereo equipment and my cupholder.

Mitsubishi Sisaket then phoned quite a few other Mitsu shops, but none of them had one on stock, plus the same problem to wait for two to three months for a piece of plastic.

Does anybody know a junkyard, or any place where they might have a second hand one? Please see attached photo. I'd deeply appreciate to get my cupholder back, where it was.

Thanks a lot in advance. I've tried almost all places in Sisaket, without being successful.

post-158336-0-23830500-1422092431_thumb.

Have you tried that new 2nd hand place out past Big C near the immigration traffic lights. They have a lot of bumpers etc on the front fence but not sure of internal bits and pieces. I think they recently moved from 221 near the John Deere dealer

Have you tried that new 2nd hand place out past Big C near the immigration traffic lights. They have a lot of bumpers etc on the front fence but not sure of internal bits and pieces. I think they recently moved from 221 near the John Deere dealer

Guess you're referring to the place at the 226. right before the traffic light? I've tried almost all places in Sisaket, the guy who's got a garage and a contract with a big insurance company, located in Kantharalak, who redid my truck after a serious accident took mine out and kept it.

Mitsu Sisaket phoned quite a few other Mitsu shops and I just don't want to wait another two to three months when they order it from Japan.

Will they send it via a Sumo ringer who has to swim to Thailand? I'm sure that there're plenty of old cars, rotting somewhere with such a cupholder in.

I must have wasted already many hours and a lot of Diesel oil to check if there's a second hand one. But wasn't successful.

Should anybody know a junkyard somewhere in lower northeast, I'd be more than happy to drive a few kms.

P.S. My truck had to be completely redone by Mitsubishi Sisaket, after the "garage" in Kantharalak already did it. But it came back with a damaged frame, many important parts at the steering broken, plus serious brake issues. One very important part of the frame was completely missing.

Four ball joints were damaged, through the impact of the accident and then the rescue and get the car to the cops action.

If anybody's involved in a car crash and they bring your car to this shop in Kantaralak, please feel free to page me where it's located.

The biggest rip off company I've ever seen. And it took about one year to get it done. Always other excuses. Once the car's wheels were rolling, they used it as a racing car to get parts for other cars.

And that went on for a few months.

Edited by lostinisaan

Guess you're referring to the place at the 226. right before the traffic light? I've tried almost all places in Sisaket, the guy who's got a garage and a contract with a big insurance company, located in Kantharalak, who redid my truck after a serious accident took mine out and kept it.

Mitsu Sisaket phoned quite a few other Mitsu shops and I just don't want to wait another two to three months when they order it from Japan.

Will they send it via a Sumo ringer who has to swim to Thailand? I'm sure that there're plenty of old cars, rotting somewhere with such a cupholder in.

I must have wasted already many hours and a lot of Diesel oil to check if there's a second hand one. But wasn't successful.

Should anybody know a junkyard somewhere in lower northeast, I'd be more than happy to drive a few kms.

P.S. My truck had to be completely redone by Mitsubishi Sisaket, after the "garage" in Kantharalak already did it. But it came back with a damaged frame, many important parts at the steering broken, plus serious brake issues. One very important part of the frame was completely missing.

Four ball joints were damaged, through the impact of the accident and then the rescue and get the car to the cops action.

If anybody's involved in a car crash and they bring your car to this shop in Kantaralak, please feel free to page me where it's located.

The biggest rip off company I've ever seen. And it took about one year to get it done. Always other excuses. Once the car's wheels were rolling, they used it as a racing car to get parts for other cars.

And that went on for a few months.

Dear Mods....seems that I posted in the wrong forum. Would you kindly move it to motor forum, please? Thanks a lot in advance..

Topic has now been moved to the Motor forum, in future cases like this for quicker response, use the report button.

• Like 1

Sorry, I'd like to help out but I found It to be very difficult getting a hold of small trim pieces like that while in Thailand, you can't just go into junk yards like you can here and remove your own and most of the junk cars have been already been broken down and cut into half without care to interior trim pieces, it's a real shame.

I thought all the junk cars are still being driven around Isaan

Is yours included, or do you "servince it?" ( The word servince was the old slogan of Sisaket's tourist information center, near the city hall.

" We will servince you." Hope you servince your 'better half' and yourself, too. G'day.-facepalm.gif

Have you thought about contacting car wreckers overseas? In Australia for example getting trim/console parts like you want is not hard. I've done it with Ford wreckers before. Depends whether the costs still make it viable for you.

http://www.mitsubishiparts.com.au/

Otherwise the 3D printer idea might be the answer if you really can't wait.

• Like 1

Have you thought about contacting car wreckers overseas? In Australia for example getting trim/console parts like you want is not hard. I've done it with Ford wreckers before. Depends whether the costs still make it viable for you.

http://www.mitsubishiparts.com.au/

Otherwise the 3D printer idea might be the answer if you really can't wait.

Thanks a lot. Didn't really think of that. Awaiting an answer. Thanks.-wai2.gif

Short update

I've just received a phone call from Mitsubishi Sisaket that they've got the freaking cupholder for 1,900 baht.

Will go there tomorrow morning to make sure that they don't sell it to somebody else. Last week they said two to three months.

As far as I remember was there another post, looking for the same part. Seems to be gone by now. Should you read that, please let me know if you still want one.

Cheers

I got as far as the second paragraph and felt worried for you driving a vehicle that by the sound of it had to be put on a jig and straightened out and then put back together, so badly it had to be done again!

I'll say a prayer for you next time we're at the temple.

Good luck

• Like 1

Short update

I've just received a phone call from Mitsubishi Sisaket that they've got the freaking cupholder for 1,900 baht.

Will go there tomorrow morning to make sure that they don't sell it to somebody else. Last week they said two to three months.

As far as I remember was there another post, looking for the same part. Seems to be gone by now. Should you read that, please let me know if you still want one.

Cheers

1900 baht! Are you frigging serious?

Edited by BSJ
  • Like 1

Short update

Cheers

This will give you an idea why... crazy I know, but I've seen even worse for BMW odds and ends.

http://www.delicashop.com/p/93/Drink-holder-grey.html

http://www.vanparts4u.com/mitsubishi-l200--dashboard-cup-holder--from-a-2004-truck-4464-p.asp

Short update

Cheers

Got you. It was you, who wrote something that you'd need one as well. As a "good customer" I got my usual 15 %.

Well the free short time service done by Leo mechanics was worth the money.

First driving test passed with two small Leos. With 15 % and labor 1886 Thai baht. Labor is 0.40 hours.

One hour 350 baht by now. It's easy to take the plastic crap out and do it alone.

Plus my lights showing the aircon and fan switch are working again.

post-158336-0-04748900-1423324494_thumb.

post-158336-0-98902900-1423324580_thumb.

post-158336-0-80101600-1423324582_thumb.