Sending parcel to the UK - Gift?

ryanhull

Hey All,

Sorry if this has been covered a million times which no doubt it has,

I am going to send my old dear some Thai cream which she wants to the UK, I have been told I should write 'Gift' on the parcel yet I am using the standard thai post boxes you can buy from the post office,

Do I just literally write Gift on the box with a marker pen? or do I need to place some kind of sticker on this? does anyone have an image of a parcel with what I should write onit?

The value for the parcel is only a fiver and I dont want customs sticking there beaks in!

Cheers,

When you take it to the Post Office you will be given a GREEN ticket to attach to the parcel. That is a Customs declaration where you state what it is etc and value. I suggest you send by Registered Post "lon tabien" as the Thai say. Not expensive , same as "recorded" service in the UK.

If its less than £18 they wont touch it. That is the exempt amount.

Edited by CharlieH

When you take it to the Post Office you will be given a GREEN ticket to attach to the parcel. That is a Customs declaration where you state what it is etc and value. I suggest you send by Registered Post "lon tabien" as the Thai say. Not expensive , same as "recorded" service in the UK.

Thanks for the information, so if I put value of 5 uk pounds no customs will bother with it?

Thanks again

Thanks for the information, so if I put value of 5 uk pounds no customs will bother with it?

Thanks again

It's not always the value why they open something, it depends if anything is spotted on the xray that they want to have a look at.