Shipping Liquid with Thai post, why forbidden only in this country ?

thailandbeachisland

Hello.

I have been told by Thailand post that it is not possible to send liquid and I wonder why ?

In the rest of the world we can buy anything online and even wine, but here we cannot send any liquid by post ?

Who has decided this stupid rule and is Thailand the only country having this rule ?

I have tried and the Xray machine at airport found the bottle, so how to do ?

Thank you.

I've never heard of this and have had liquids sent to me from within Thailand and from the US and the UK.

Are you talking about sending liquid out of Thailand ?

What type of liquid ?

What country to /from ?

Also how much of it are you talking about ? For example I had several small bottles sent in each package - 50ml per bottle maximum, some of them much less.

Edited by ukrules

I sent a box of perfume to Australia a few months ago(just over 3 months), declared it as required and everything was fine. Still has not arrived there and the PO cannot tell me where it is. I have no idea if it was simply rejected or what as the local staff where I sent it from do not know.

I am talking about shipping liquid FROM Thailand which is forbidden by Thai post.

Liquid is something like water or small bottles of alcohol (please don't talk about customshit, this is not the topic).

The fact is that they seem to have good Xray machine in Thailand as it always catch parcels with liquid.

Do you really think that these lazy people check each parcel when it is even possible to board a plane with a knife ? I mean that they don't even check the people well, so how could they check the parcels, especially in this country ? I could understand if we were in US, but not here !

I am talking about shipping liquid FROM Thailand which is forbidden by Thai post.

Liquid is something like water or small bottles of alcohol (please don't talk about customshit, this is not the topic).

Be a little bit more specific in your OP next time chief to avoid vague answers...

I'll ask again, what exact type of liquid are you trying to send?

International prohibited goods - personal customers lists the items which cannot be sent out of the UK by post; you'll see that the list contains many different forms and quantities of liquid.

Slightly different regulations apply for in UK deliveries and business customers; note that alcoholic beverages can be sent internationally by businesses, provided they meet certain conditions re quantity and packaging.

I tried to send some perfume to Thailand as a gift earlier this year and was told by the post office that these regulations and the prohibited items, especially for international post, were standard in most countries due to security and health and safety concerns. When I said that I had done it before I was told that the rules had been recently changed.

So, to answer one of your questions, Thailand is not the only country to have this rule.

I'm sure that if you contact the Thai post office they will be able to provide you with similar information on what can and cannot be sent through the Thai post.

I sent a box of perfume to Australia a few months ago(just over 3 months), declared it as required and everything was fine. Still has not arrived there and the PO cannot tell me where it is. I have no idea if it was simply rejected or what as the local staff where I sent it from do not know.

UPDATE, Australia post have told us that the carton was never scanned and put into the thai system(sent them a copy of the paperwork) so it looks like it has gone to someones home to live, probably the person that did all the paperwork in the first place so yes, they dont send liquid in the mail, they take it home instead.......

You can send as much liquid as you want but it is anyway forbidden and you are just lucky when Xray boy does not see your liquid.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/342179-thailand-post-shipping-liquid-restrictions/

You have linked to a topic to prove your point; but that topic says the opposite !

As has been explained to you, most (all?) countries have regulations about what can and cannot be sent via the mail. You can't accept that and want to continue with your Thai put downs (Xray boy!).

How sad.

Posts tell what people are able to understand.

As you all know better than me when you are sending 4 parcels a year I think I will let you with all your reliable knowledge :-)

Thank you for being experts on so many topics, Thailand is lucky to have you.

In case some still think that I am confused let me just tell you that I speak Thai fluently and that there is no confusion for me compared to most of the foreigners living in this country who can only pronounce and understands 3 words of Thai.

But ok, you are right anyway, Thai post has no problem with liquid shipping and the parcels coming back with Xray/Liquid written on them are just a dream, so great, I learnt something today.

Edited by thailandbeachisland

Posts tell what people are able to understand.

As you all know better than me when you are sending 4 parcels a year I think I will let you with all your reliable knowledge :-)

Thank you for being experts on so many topics, Thailand is lucky to have you.

In case some still think that I am confused let me just tell you that I speak Thai fluently and that there is no confusion for me compared to most of the foreigners living in this country who can only pronounce and understands 3 words of Thai.

But ok, you are right anyway, Thai post has no problem with liquid shipping and the parcels coming back with Xray/Liquid written on them are just a dream, so great, I learnt something today.

Cry me a river! guitar.gifviolin.gif

You came on here to vent your frustrations on an english speaking forum and saught advise from these english speakers.

Yet you, now claim to speak Thai fluently (how convenient), would it then, not have made sense to make the most of this gift? Talking to the natives? Getting their insight into the weird and wonderful quirks that is Thailand?

No, no, you came to an english speaking forum filled with predominantly expatriates and saught their sage wisdom. When their (our) responses didn't gel with your intentions you burned that bridge as well..

So, well played, thailandbeachisland... passifier.gif

• 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The fact is that they seem to have good Xray machine in Thailand as it always catch parcels with liquid.

Do you really think that these lazy people check each parcel when it is even possible to board a plane with a knife ? I mean that they don't even check the people well, so how could they check the parcels, especially in this country ? I could understand if we were in US, but not here !

Most postal services have restrictions on what can be carried . I believe the Thai postal system conforms to international standards.

Open the link to view the restrictions of the British PO

http://www.postoffice.co.uk/prohibited-goods-international#Prohibited

• 1 month later...

Greetings!

It seems that Thai post now xray every parcel leaving the country, but I wonder how it could be possible ?

Do they have hundreds of staff doing this job ?

And do you have any idea about how to send a small parcel with liquid or battery by boat ? (not a container, just a small parcel).

Thank you.

We regularly ship out small 250ml sample bottles of used industrial coolant liquids for analysis to labs in Singapore and UK without any problems. Why is the OP so hesistant to tell us what is he sending? Maybe some toxic or flammable liquid?