Korean tourist bus crash leaves one dead in Chiang Rai

webfact

Korean Tourist Bus Crash Leaves One Dead in Chiang Rai
By Khaosod English

14220939541422093982l.jpg
A bus carrying tourists from South Korea crashed into an oncoming pick-up truck in Chiang Rai province on 24 Jan 2015, killing one person and injuring 16.

CHIANG RAI - A bus carrying tourists from South Korea crashed into an oncoming pick-up truck in Chiang Rai province this morning, killing one person and injuring 16.

The driver of the pick-up truck was killed in the collision, while at least 16 South Korean tourists on the bus were injured by the impact, Pol.Lt. Patcharawat Taweewuttirat said.

Police say the incident took place on Chiang Rai - Chiang Mai Road in Mae Saruai district shortly after midnight.

Luen Traipat, the 58-year-old driver of the chartered bus, said he was driving the tourists from Chiang Rai to Chiang Mai province.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1422093954&typecate=06&section=

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-01-25

I find it unfortunate that Chiang Rai is so often referenced in news item about death and drugs. There is so much more to our lovely province but it seems to be less news worthy.

In the article the “sudden” loss of control sounds like an excuse. From my years of driving here it seems more likely he was trying to overtake other vehicles and the truck driver was unable to avoid a massive bus occupying his lane.
I am pleased they have arrested and charged the bus driver.
Edited by villagefarang
  • Like 2

I actually wish there was a dislike button as well as a like button after some of these comments ..YES SOME ONE DID DIE .. get real .. RIP Thai truck Driver I am just happy it was not be on the road at that time .

Just curious... So we should feel what??? Pity, sorrow...

Personally, I get angry that this is continued to happen and I do smile knowing that there is one less boofhead behind the wheel

I agree that a dislike button is needed to action comments that tell people how they should feel... according to them!

• Like 1

I actually wish there was a dislike button as well as a like button after some of these comments ..YES SOME ONE DID DIE .. get real .. RIP Thai truck Driver I am just happy it was not be on the road at that time .

Just curious... So we should feel what??? Pity, sorrow...

Personally, I get angry that this is continued to happen and I do smile knowing that there is one less boofhead behind the wheel

I agree that a dislike button is needed to action comments that tell people how they should feel... according to them!

"Personally, I get angry that this is continued to happen and I do smile knowing that there is one less boofhead behind the wheel"

Well for every "boofhead" dead there are atleast 20 more fresh teens ready to take their place without licenses. The cycle never ends.

I find it unfortunate that Chiang Rai is so often referenced in news item about death and drugs. There is so much more to our lovely province but it seems to be less news worthy.

In the article the “sudden” loss of control sounds like an excuse. From my years of driving here it seems more likely he was trying to overtake other vehicles and the truck driver was unable to avoid a massive bus occupying his lane.
I am pleased they have arrested and charged the bus driver.

It's not an easy road to overtake and too many bus drivers just take a chance.

Unfortunately the bus driver will probably get a small fine and be back on the road next week.

• Like 1

Usual start to any comment regarding the Thai roads or driving R.I.P to the dead and a speedy recovery to the injured tourists, and we can see that not much has improved regarding the deaths on the roads since the junta took over the country.

"get real" means what? It seems to be a term that indicates the user lacks sufficient vocabulary to express themselves. Same as "duh", etc.

Edited by Benmart