Phuket security guard killed in motorcycle crash

webfact

Phuket security guard killed in motorcycle crash
Eakkapop Thongtub

1422165684_1-org.jpg
It is believed that Mr Anuchad fell asleep whilst riding his bike down Patong Hill towards Phuket Town.

PHUKET: -- A security guard from the Hollywood Discotheque in Bangla Rd, Patong, was killed in a motorcycle accident at the bottom of the notorious Patong Hill, close to the Go-Kart curve at 8.20am yesterday morning (January 24). The man was travelling towards Phuket Town.

Thoong Tong police received a report of an accident at the Go-Kart curve, and upon arrival found Kusoldharm Foundation workers trying to resuscitate a man who was lying in the road and bleeding from his mouth and nose. A grey and white Honda Click was in the road close to the scene of the accident.

Unfortunately, Kusoldharm Foundation workers were unable to save the man, and he died at the scene.

Police learned from witnesses that the man, Anuchad Permpoon, 38, was riding his motorcycle at high speed down the hill and hit a tree. Police suspect that he fell asleep whilst riding the motorcycle.

Police were able to identify the Mr Anuchad from his Thai identification card and Hollywood Discotheque security card.

His body was taken to Vichara Phuket Hospital.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-security-guard-killed-in-motorcycle-crash-50725.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-01-25

I have an american friend in his late 60s who done exact same thing (fell asleep on his scooter) and crashed into a ditch at around 3am in morning on way to pick his gal up - stone cold sober too (he don't drink) we all said same - How on earth do you fall asleep on a bike??? and was not that far away from this unfortunate mans accident to boot

R I P

"Police suspect that he fell asleep whilst riding the motorcycle" .... how on earth can you fall asleep while riding a motorbike! With the best will in the world, I know I certainly couldn't!

A mate of mine fell asleep on his bike & ended up a quadraplegic. In saying that he was pissed at the time.

"Police suspect that he fell asleep whilst riding the motorcycle" .... how on earth can you fall asleep while riding a motorbike! With the best will in the world, I know I certainly couldn't!

A mate of mine fell asleep on his bike & ended up a quadraplegic. In saying that he was pissed at the time.

I guess it does happen, but I've been riding bikes for 40 years and can't ever remember feeling so tired I wanted to sleep, while I was riding. It's a bad result for your friend but as he was the author of his own misfortune, I really don't have much sympathy ... it could have been an innocent bystander left in the same condition.