Citi bank fraud dept. USA

Has anyone in resent time had to call them (CITI BANK FRAUD) collect. I have a dtac pre paid sim with limited number of minutes. How the heck do you dail their 1-605 number and ask to be collect with out getting cut off - I can't even get an operator on the line.

It is not like Bank of America which has the AT&T thing you can call first and that works great.

I gave citi a list of numbers to call me via chat and they refuse to contact me - they have shut my card down saying charges were made but I don't see a damn thing wrong and in chat they won't do anything but forward notes to the fraud people that don't respond. edit PS I have been try to get them to call for a month not just hour - if I don't call I may as well cut the card up. Which at this point I might anyway. It would appear they have some of the worse service ever know to man.

I am sure there is nothing wrong with my card, but if I don't call them it is a worthless piece of plastic.

Edited by RKASA

Are you traveling? I have had cards cut off when I was traveling until I called and let them know it was me. Now I always call before I leave.

If you really want to get a card company's attention tell them your card has been stolen. They will immediately cut it off and call you to see if all of the charges are yours. They can't bill you for charges you didn't make. They will issue you a new card with a different number and pin.

I don't have a Citibank card but every card I do have has great service. I can log onto any of their sites using my user/pass and immediately chat, or I can call the number on the back of the card. Sometimes I have a wait for a rep, but never more than 10 minutes. Once I get someone my problem is solved.

Have tried setting up an account on their web site and clicking on support? That's my favorite way to deal with issues.

Edited by NeverSure

I am with Citi in Singapore and the service is excellent, if they deem they see something which appears to be suspicious on my account they call me before they do anything, if they are unable to contact me directly, they will block the card, with an email to call them, once all the security is verified they unblock the card

I have been though this with them every year it seems - been there done that my mail address with them is in Thailand they know I use it at Tesco once in awhile and last trip to the states I told them I was traveling and never had a problem - Reno vagas etc one would think if they really gave a damn about fraud that would have set off bells not buying a SD card at tesco - but they would rather close the account every year like clock work just to make me call and hear the ads at my expense.

I can chat online with them and they forward my numbers and request that they call me to the fruad center - just the fraud dept which closed my card again like yearly will not do anything over chat and won't call me. I have to call them and like always will end up costing again.

Now that I have prepaid sim with limited number of minutes and can't dial any numbers that will connect to even an operator that can make sure I am not charged for the call like in the past it seems I can't even do that anymore.

This game has gone on for a month this time and damn if I am paying just the have them say ever thing is fine like the last ten times - now want to transfer me to the investment sales people - pain in the ass more then anything.

I can live without them I have other cards that have toll free numbers that work via AT&T.

Just wanting to find out if anyone had a way to call them real toll free that works - at this point citi can eat it.

Can't you "top up" your pre-paid SIM with more minutes at 7-11? I can with TrueMove H.

I've had to call U.S. 1-800 numbers on several occasions and just top up my SIM with 100 thb or so prior to making the call. At 3 thb/minute, that's over 30 minutes of conversation.

Can't you "top up" your pre-paid SIM with more minutes at 7-11? I can with TrueMove H.

I've had to call U.S. 1-800 numbers on several occasions and just top up my SIM with 100 thb or so prior to making the call. At 3 thb/minute, that's over 30 minutes of conversation.

You miss the point - I know I can pay to call. Why should I be paying a damnn baht to hear the same thing I hear every year they do this. They can call me or find a real toll free method like other banks have.

I am hoping to find someone has broke that code and have a method to call free..

edit I have also had to pay more then that.

Edited by RKASA

You miss the point - I know I can pay to call. Why should I be paying a damnn baht to hear the same thing I hear every year they do this. They can call me or find a real toll free method like other banks have.

I am hoping to find someone has broke that code and have a method to call free..

Actually, I didn't miss the point at all. You are too cheap to call to solve your own problems and then wish to complain publicly about it.

• Like 2

Actually, I didn't miss the point at all. You are too cheap to call to solve your own problems and then wish to complain publicly about it.

It is not about cheap - it is about bad service I don't have to deal with with other banks. You jump for them if you like. It is not much of a problem for me - they are losing the customer of 28 years - I have other cards.

I was asking for a method - the complaining is about warning others of the poor service they can expect from them which seems to be limited to the US accounts.

Sorry, just tried it and it doesn't work now. Didn't need to be Skype before, worked direct from DTAC mobile, but cost more.

Further correction, the number is correct, but doesn't work on Skype today for some reason. Its working on my DTAC, haven't tried other carriers. As its -1800 number should be cheap or free depending on carrier?

Well the AIS 005 works from someone else phone but did cost 14 baht a minute for a toll free call. The dtac was not connecting to the operator because the type sim account I guess. At any rate they should have called me with the number they had or the others I passed to them via the online chat - in the first place. It is rather rude of them to just not respond to the notes forwarded to them from the help line when I was having a problem calling them.

Go to google, search for "how to call collect from thailand":

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/196932-collect-phone-call-from-thailand/

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/211209-call-collect-to-overseas/

So, apparently you should dial 001-999-111-11, which will connect you to AT&T, press 0 for an operator and have them place the collect call.

Go to google, search for "how to call collect from thailand":

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/196932-collect-phone-call-from-thailand/

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/211209-call-collect-to-overseas/

So, apparently you should dial 001-999-111-11, which will connect you to AT&T, press 0 for an operator and have them place the collect call.

Did not work to call citi from my dtac phone - that is how I call BoA all the time no problem I have that number in my phone. I think citi is required to have an account with AT&T for that service to work or I just ran into telly problems using dtac - I end up dialing it directly and paying on this end which does not make it a toll free call if your paying 14b a minute while on hold.

I detailed the info to them a long list of the ways I try to call that had failed and req. they get something that works better - BoA has made it clear the method to call from Thailand that works - citi seems not to care much about it.

Besides I asked them secure online to call me - they had my number - as noted other citi locations call people in Thailand when the have a problem and I gave them several other numbers via the online secure email which fruad line won't use, they passed that info to them for me, but still they never bother to call - this after saying someone would be calling me but never did.

Bad service over all, If I log in and ask them to call me if they don't want to use the secure chat or secure email then they should call.

Are you in Bangkok? If so, go into the Citi Bank on the corner of Sukhumvit and Asoke. You should be able to get a customer service rep in there to help you, if nothing else, they can make the call to the fraud dept.

If you have not advised your credit card companies that you will be travelling and in what locations on what dates, they will often flag useage as potential fraud, especiall Thailand (LOS - the Land of Scams).

Are you in Bangkok? If so, go into the Citi Bank on the corner of Sukhumvit and Asoke. You should be able to get a customer service rep in there to help you, if nothing else, they can make the call to the fraud dept.

If you have not advised your credit card companies that you will be travelling and in what locations on what dates, they will often flag useage as potential fraud, especiall Thailand (LOS - the Land of Scams).

Forget it, Citibank Thailand, Citibank US, Citibank Singapore etc are not even the same companies even though they operate under the same branding,

BKK cannot /will do nothing for him as he doesn't hold the account in Thailand

I actually did get a call here in the USA last week from Citi Fraud department. They just wanted to check on a charge I made that didn't fit their "model" of me. They sent me a text which said was free but I don't know yet. I don't have a text plan as part of my ATT plan so I get charged 20 cents for each text message and I am sure I would get charged for minutes if they called me and left a voice message. I have plenty of minutes so that is OK. Overseas, I have a hard time imagining citi and your cell provider and minute plan would all be on the same train and would have a way of coordinating free communicating.

Problem is solved - but again at my own expense like in the past - we live here - the address is here - I get replacement cards and notifications sent here - I never have problem when I travel as I do tell them and it only ever gets cut when I am here doing nothing special. I use it so little I can recall back months at a time the things I bought, where and when - Robinson s, Tesco, etc not used for normal shopping or willy nilly.

Just bugs me they can't call if they think they have a problem or call me back when I asked them to. I don't even mind if they turn it off like they do because I am covered with other means, but gees don't make it a project to get a hold of someone.

They give you a number to use from overseas toll free but does not work that way. BoA does. The overseas toll free number they have on the card and provide online etc is charged not just a local cell call but an inter-nation call - why bother saying it is toll free when it is for sure not - I just wonder if they also get charged a little double dipping going on somewhere.

If they have my number and others they can use that I provided them, then why not return call when online in a secure email they said they would?

It would seem the citi banks over here have much better service, but I need to maintain my accounts in the US. I will return as a famous general once said. In fact we're in the slow process of doing that so hopefully it all becomes a completely mute point in time.

Forget it, Citibank Thailand, Citibank US, Citibank Singapore etc are not even the same companies even though they operate under the same branding,

Untrue. I have dealt with the Citi Bank on Sukhumvit. They WILL accept any Citi credit card as a bonafied account holder. Having an account at that particular branch is not required. In my case I needed to get a larger than allowed cash advance on my USA Citi credit card and they placed the call to Citi USA to get me sorted out.

I think they should be able to sort out the OP's issue too.

Problem is solved - but again at my own expense like in the past - we live here - the address is here - I get replacement cards and notifications sent here - I never have problem when I travel as I do tell them and it only ever gets cut when I am here doing nothing special. I use it so little I can recall back months at a time the things I bought, where and when - Robinson s, Tesco, etc not used for normal shopping or willy nilly.

Just bugs me they can't call if they think they have a problem or call me back when I asked them to. I don't even mind if they turn it off like they do because I am covered with other means, but gees don't make it a project to get a hold of someone.

They give you a number to use from overseas toll free but does not work that way. BoA does. The overseas toll free number they have on the card and provide online etc is charged not just a local cell call but an inter-nation call - why bother saying it is toll free when it is for sure not - I just wonder if they also get charged a little double dipping going on somewhere.

If they have my number and others they can use that I provided them, then why not return call when online in a secure email they said they would?

It would seem the citi banks over here have much better service, but I need to maintain my accounts in the US. I will return as a famous general once said. In fact we're in the slow process of doing that so hopefully it all becomes a completely mute point in time.

Seems what you had with Citibank was mute already but maybe that would be a moot point.

"Problem is solved" but you keep going on about it for another 5 paragraphs.

Untrue. I have dealt with the Citi Bank on Sukhumvit. They WILL accept any Citi credit card as a bonafied account holder. Having an account at that particular branch is not required. In my case I needed to get a larger than allowed cash advance on my USA Citi credit card and they placed the call to Citi USA to get me sorted out.

I think they should be able to sort out the OP's issue too.

Well I have a citigold account in Singapore along with credit cards and although I am promised the same level of service in a citigold lounge anywhere in the world, Citi on sukhumvit couldn't sort out a simple query for me and I ended up phoning Singapore myself, they are useless,

Singapore excellent, Hong Kong excellent, Citi Thailand useless

Seems what you had with Citibank was mute already but maybe that would be a moot point.

"Problem is solved" but you keep going on about it for another 5 paragraphs.

Because unnecessary poor service bugs me, and others thinking they might come here with just a citi card should be warned about poor service and should know other banks don't have this problem and have a backup like we do or a different card.

It is not a fixed problem just solved until the next time and according to the past events that will be around next Nov.

If a meal sucks it gets bad reviews.

Well the AIS 005 works from someone else phone but did cost 14 baht a minute for a toll free call. The dtac was not connecting to the operator because the type sim account I guess. At any rate they should have called me with the number they had or the others I passed to them via the online chat - in the first place. It is rather rude of them to just not respond to the notes forwarded to them from the help line when I was having a problem calling them.

Couldn't get Skype to work, but Viber works at 0.62THB/min on the Citi # I posted above.