I need a cheap Notary Public recommendation in Pattaya

trevor67

I've been struggling to redeem my ISA with Fidelity (since October 2014!) who also demanded copies of ID documents be notarised. I went to Magna Carta Pattaya (junction of Pattaya Thai & 3rd Rd.) Was quoted 2000 baht but the final bill was 3000 for 3 papers.

I've been struggling to redeem my ISA with Fidelity (since October 2014!) who also demanded copies of ID documents be notarised. I went to Magna Carta Pattaya (junction of Pattaya Thai & 3rd Rd.) Was quoted 2000 baht but the final bill was 3000 for 3 papers.

Seems way overpriced to me. The lawyer in Soi Post Office would probably have cost around 1500B, which is still very generous given the tiny amount of time and effort it takes them.

Naklua Rd and Soi 12, right off the NW corner.. Equity Intl Law Ofice 500 Baht

Thanks Marmaduke.....I went here...lawyer was a nice older guy....it happened to be on my embassy lawfirm list....500baht. Call first to make sure he's in the office.

In singapore the going rate is about SGD 5 per page....125 baht...in Malaysia its even less....this is yet another example of how obscenely expensive Thailand has become....all a notary has to do is stamp a piece of paper....its that easy

In every country you will find some notary office a lot of more expensive than average.

I used several time the Notary Public office on Thappraya, just after Grand Caribbean;

I paid 500 baht to get a notarize copy of small documents (5-8 pages) with an apostille.

I don't call that "obscenely expensive"

Here: https://www.google.com/maps/@12.907288,100.868966,3a,75y,133.09h,86.23t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1s8VyVW-PsEXWAqxULW35sYw!2e0

Edited by Pattaya46

In every country you will find some notary office a lot of more expensive than average.

In many major countries this sort of service has a fixed low price, and in some major countries it is completely free.

I paid 500 baht to get a notarize copy of small documents (5-8 pages) with an apostille.

I think the "obscenely expensive" comment was for the places mentioned that charge several thousand Baht, and I agree with the comment.

The price you paid was just higher than it should be, as was the price I paid.

Normally the Embassy themselves have that service, but expect to pay through the teeth.

I had recently to give a power of attorney to my parents, and it costed me 5040 Baht at the Embassy and another 220 Euro to the notary in my home country.

I could almost have booked a retour flight for the same price.

Edited by Anthony5

• 1 month later...

In singapore the going rate is about SGD 5 per page....125 baht...in Malaysia its even less....this is yet another example of how obscenely expensive Thailand has become....all a notary has to do is stamp a piece of paper....its that easy

I used several time the Notary Public office on Thappraya, just after Grand Caribbean;

Here: https://www.google.com/maps/@12.907288,100.868966,3a,75y,133.09h,86.23t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1s8VyVW-PsEXWAqxULW35sYw!2e0

no lawyer/notary in Thailand is empowered to attach an apostille as Thailand is not a signatory to the Hague Convention.

Edited by Naam

no lawyer/notary in Thailand is empowered to attach an apostille as Thailand is not a signatory to the Hague Convention.

And...?

And...?

read!

Pattaya46

That may be so, but in itself that would not stop them doing it. It might make it invalid elsewhere, if anyone reading it actually realised that Thailand is not a signatory.

That may be so, but in itself that would not stop them doing it. It might make it invalid elsewhere, if anyone reading it actually realised that Thailand is not a signatory.

the first part of your posting is correct but not the second part. authorities who demand a notarisation with apostille know exactly which countries are signatories. on top of that an additional restriction exists, namely individual countries can reject even an apostille affixed by an empowered notary in a signatory country based on "lack of credibility".

several years ago we had to fly to our home country Germany to obtain proper documentation because an apostille from the nearest signatory country (Brunei) was not acceptable to the government authorities where our offshore companies/trusts are registered.

And...?

read!

Pattaya46

Oops! Sidetracked much?

Not you, him.

And then you.

Looking on the Internet, it seems your are right, indeed smile.png

Ok, some maybe not this © Apostille, but some kind of "Certification" that copied documents were conform to the original, and with on front page a big golden stamp similar (in first view) to an Apostille one.

This Thai document looked good enough to allow me to open a Bank Acccount in a country of Americas ... wink.png

Are this prices mentioned in posts here for only the stamp notarized or is it also the translation done? I will need to get my Phone bill translated and notarized and I assumed they do both but I maybe wrong then? And what office in Pattaya can do the appostille also?

Edited by INV

Are this prices mentioned in posts here for only the stamp notarized or is it also the translation done? I will need to get my Phone bill translated and notarized and I assumed they do both but I maybe wrong then? And what office in Pattaya can do the appostille also?

no apostille in Pattaya or anywhere in Thailand.

Looking on the Internet, it seems your are right, indeed smile.png

Ok, some maybe not this © Apostille, but some kind of "Certification" that copied documents were conform to the original, and with on front page a big golden stamp similar (in first view) to an Apostille one.

This Thai document looked good enough to allow me to open a Bank Acccount in a country of Americas ... wink.png

an apostille is an additional certification of the notary's power. only a fraction of global notaries are empowered to affix an apostille. the apostille has nothing to do with certifying any conformity. the latter is done by the notary's "first" action.

post-35218-0-83768500-1425863943_thumb.j

• 1 year later...