Koh Tao mayor blasts UK media's 'negative reporting'

webfact

Angered???...Gee I wonder why?...Time to wake up Mr Mayor and stop your crying

The British press have got it wrong again (as they did with Hannah and David's murder).

The murdered woman's family have stated that she died of natural causes and not under suspicious circumstances!!

If they (the UK gutter press) had written about there being a Mafia culture on Koh Toh then fair enough BUT linking this death to Mafia gangs is bang out of order and I don't blame the Mayor for being enraged about shoddy/outrageous reporting.

The Mayor a relative of yours, of something?????

I didn't need to do an investigation as the evidence presents itself (nobody suspects foul play) not the police, parents. friends and anyone with a modicum of common sense. The fact that you don't see this must mean..........................

The British press have got it wrong again (as they did with Hannah and David's murder).

The murdered woman's family have stated that she died of natural causes and not under suspicious circumstances!!

If they (the UK gutter press) had written about there being a Mafia culture on Koh Toh then fair enough BUT linking this death to Mafia gangs is bang out of order and I don't blame the Mayor for being enraged about shoddy/outrageous reporting.

Yes!! He's my brother.

So I take it, from the avalanche of people attacking the Mayor, that they are perfectly OK with the press resorting to rumor mongering then?

"Mayor Chaiyan Turasakul said he is angered by unspecified "British media agencies" who have suggested that the death of the tourist, Christina Annesley, is connected to an alleged "mafia" syndicate on Koh Tao island."

There is no indication whatsoever that the death of that woman was in any way connected with a mafia syndicate, none, zero.

Is it too much to ask of the press not to peddle sensationalist speculation?

Surely the mayor will appreciate your unrelenting support. As do all his relatives than own these resorts that so many people get raped, murdered, and die suspiciously so often.

Your hard work defending this island, police, and all the nasty families, like a soi dog does with his bone, is so desperately appreciated by these scum respected people.

Flaming commentary aside.

This has little to do with the Mayor of Koh Tao, you don't find anything objectionable if the press pushes a story that is not supported by facts?

The ethical prerogative of the press is to inform the public, not to manufacture public outrage.

What exactly did the press report that is burning yours and the mayors ass off? Other than you feel the need to defend this place so vehemently, for what ever reason.

I think by now it has been well documented this island is run by a few families, aka mafia.

Do you not think this was a stupid thing to do, antagonize the local and international media?

The mayor raising this stink will only, more, confirm what has already been reported. They guy is an idiot, as well as some that think this place is just as safe as other places in LOS. Of course there is southern parts of LOS that are dangerous, But this province and all of its islands have got to be the mos dangerous for foreigners concerning assaults, robberies, rapes and murders, excluding Phuket of course.

Edited by dcutman
  • Like 1

No!!, I don't - but her parents described it as this (not me). They clearly didn't need the results of an autopsy to determine this (even if their choice of words is not accurate) they have simply used common sense to come to this conclusion - something that an alarmingly high proportion of TV members seem to lack at times!! .

Do you think all parents have common sense in their statements when they lose a loved one? If so then we really do need to listen to these ones also

The parents of a British holidaymaker who died in suspicious circumstances in Thailand are convinced he was murdered – and the killing covered up to protect tourism.
Nick Pearson, 25, was on a family vacation to the island of Koh Tao when he was found dead on New Year’s Day. http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/thailand-beach-death-parents-convinced-4410135

OK!! So I take it that you think that she WAS murdered by the Mafia then!! Yes?

No!!, I don't - but her parents described it as this (not me). They clearly didn't need the results of an autopsy to determine this (even if their choice of words is not accurate) they have simply used common sense to come to this conclusion - something that an alarmingly high proportion of TV members seem to lack at times!! .

Do you think all parents have common sense in their statements when they lose a loved one? If so then we really do need to listen to these ones also

The parents of a British holidaymaker who died in suspicious circumstances in Thailand are convinced he was murdered – and the killing covered up to protect tourism.
Nick Pearson, 25, was on a family vacation to the island of Koh Tao when he was found dead on New Year’s Day. http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/thailand-beach-death-parents-convinced-4410135

EDIT misread, no I didnt say that? But it does need a transparent investigation

Edited by thailandchilli

Thats what the parents think, no point in disagreeing with the parents according to you. Guess you need to qualify that that now?

Not "according to me" that's for you to decide!! I have stated my position - now you should state yours (if it differs) or stop criticising mine.

Wonder if he'll hold a press conference to complain at the British Government next:

Western tourists including British nationals have been victims of vicious, unprovoked attacks by individuals and gangs in Koh Samui, Koh Phangan and Koh Tao (the Samui archipelago). In January 2013 a British national was killed in a shooting incident while at a beach party in Haad Rin on Koh Phanang and in September 2014, 2 British nationals were killed in Tao. https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/thailand/safety-and-security

• Like 1

Yes!! He's my brother.

Bingo! wai2.gifwai.gif

clap2.gif

• Like 1

lucky11#160 Not "according to me" that's for you to decide!! I have stated my position - now you should state yours (if it differs) or stop criticising mine.

I am waiting for the UK inquest to decide, but in the mean time I personally think it was an accidental drug overdose. However I am also not confident that an investigation of any notable standard has been carried out by the RTP in this, as is historic in Koh Tao. If you don't question as a result and believe everything thrown at you by the Thai Authorities then I think your very naive.

• Like 1

To be fair about this...

There are SO many huge murder mysteries over the decades, in America and UK, all over the place. A lot of times they take years and years to solve. If EVER.

It's not an indictment of Thailand, that they have their own. And being a UK couple, does not make it more important.

For accurrate comparison they'd all need to have occurred @ Glastonbury or Statten island! Edited by evadgib

lucky11#160 Not "according to me" that's for you to decide!! I have stated my position - now you should state yours (if it differs) or stop criticising mine.

I am waiting for the UK inquest to decide, but in the mean time I personally think it was an accidental drug overdose. However I am also not confident that an investigation of any notable standard has been carried out by the RTP in this, as is historic in Koh Tao. If you don't question as a result and believe everything thrown at you by the Thai Authorities then I think your very naive.

UK inquest?.....and what have the Thai authorities/RTP thrown at us relating to her death. I wasn't aware that the RTP had carried out an investigation as to her cause of death - are you sure that you are on the correct thread?

This dude knows something.

OK, a slip of the keyboard - I do not think she was murdered, please replace this word with dead and the rest of the post stands. My mistake.

Edited by lucky11

I didn't need to do an investigation as the evidence presents itself (nobody suspects foul play) not the police, parents. friends and anyone with a modicum of common sense. The fact that you don't see this must mean..........................

But you yourself stated that she was murdered......

See post 168.

Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don't know we don't know. And if one looks throughout this thread it is the latter category that tend to be the difficult ones.

Happy hunting TVers!

Love from Don and me

• Like 1

Can you define murder ?

If she was sold drugs that are illegal in Thailand, what would make the person that sold them ?

Are you for real? Really...

they worked it out and decided themselves

Do you know what natural causes are?

clap2.gif

Natural causes are something that is not deemed to be unnatural or suspicious in any way.

These are not my words by the way, they came from her parents in a statement THEY made, so if you want to mock anybody then mock them!!!

interweb...

The sudden death of a previously healthy young individual is a rare but tragic event. Every year about one in 100,000 people aged between one and 35 dies suddenly of a natural cause.

The vast majority of sudden death cases in the young are caused by diseases of the heart. In about 70% of cases, an autopsy reveals a structural abnormality of the heart which led to a fatal cardiac arrhythmia.

For him to comment they must be feeling the pinch.

You also have to ask how many people have met an untimely demise who don't make the news. Like burmese casual workers , fishermen etc...

If he is Buddhist he needs to look up the term Karma

To be fair about this...

There are SO many huge murder mysteries over the decades, in America and UK, all over the place. A lot of times they take years and years to solve. If EVER.

It's not an indictment of Thailand, that they have their own. And being a UK couple, does not make it more important.

Huge amount of murder mysteries?

On an Island with 1 400 local people, maybe 2 000 workers(?), approximately 3846 tourists visiting per week, being 21sq.Km in size.

I mean, cmon, you probably have more "accidents" and mysterious murders than anywhere else in the world based on the amount of people per square meter, except maybe from Baghdad.

• Like 1

And you know they "have simply used common sense to come to this conclusion" how?

link?...

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Thats what the parents think, no point in disagreeing with the parents according to you. Guess you need to qualify that that now?

Not "according to me" that's for you to decide!! I have stated my position - now you should state yours (if it differs) or stop criticising mine.

Your position is based totally on unsubstantiated information.