Koh Tao mayor blasts UK media's 'negative reporting'

webfact

No need for the British or any other Media to make your Island unpopular Mr. Mayor !! What you read on social media is completely spot on and thats due to ACTUAL INCIDENS or have you been sleeping the past 3 months ?

No one is to blame except you and the people responsible for these murders... so grow up and do you damn work.

She wasn't murdered.

Source. Evidence. Please.
Fair comment BigBadGeordie...though I suspect it isn't murder. Regards...
  • Like 1

Angered???...Gee I wonder why?...Time to wake up Mr Mayor and stop your crying

The British press have got it wrong again (as they did with Hannah and David's murder).

The murdered woman's family have stated that she died of natural causes and not under suspicious circumstances!!

If they (the UK gutter press) had written about there being a Mafia culture on Koh Toh then fair enough BUT linking this death to Mafia gangs is bang out of order and I don't blame the Mayor for being enraged about shoddy/outrageous reporting.

Haha, this guy probably has something to do with Koh Toh.

He said "the murdered woman's family have stated that she died of natural causes" I would think that you saying murdered instead of passed away is "weird" to say the least.

refer to my post 167.

Knowing what I do about Thailand now, I think it's fair to say nobody could make it to be mayor without being involved with that same mafia.

Anyone not qualified would meet with an accident if it looked like they might be a threat. Telling people to shut up might work when they are afraid of you - but doing to the UK press makes you look arrogant and stupid and invites even more in the future.

• Like 1

The mother of a backpacker who died on the Thai island where two Brits were murdered today demanded her body is returned to the UK for examination saying she feared a “cover-up” by local police.

The University of Leeds graduate was found dead in her cabin, with blood on her face, by a resort worker when she did not check out on time.

www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/mother-of-backpacker-who-died-on-thai-island-the-last-words-we-said-were-i-love-you-10001861.html

Guess this must be one of the reports that the major would prefer people did not read, great find!

The mother of a backpacker who died on the Thai island where two Brits were murdered today demanded her body is returned to the UK for examination saying she feared a “cover-up” by local police.

The University of Leeds graduate was found dead in her cabin, with blood on her face, by a resort worker when she did not check out on time.

www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/mother-of-backpacker-who-died-on-thai-island-the-last-words-we-said-were-i-love-you-10001861.html

Very disturbing news, blood on her face when found dead and the mother who wants her daughter returned as soon as possible to the UK for an autopsy.

There will NOT be an inquiry in the UK - guaranteed.

The autopsy carried out in Thailand will be sufficient in this case.

Someone doesn't have to be old to die of natural causes - babies that die of cot death aren't exactly old are they!!

If you have access from data on the internet then why don't you try using it properly.

You are a funny guy, anyone dying unexplainably undergoes an autopsy, stop deluding yourself.

And of course won't a Thai autopsy be enough, just think about the language used in the autopsy report, will it be in English or Thai. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I will NOT respond again because now this is becoming ridiculous.

Despite the serious nature of the story, enjoyed the use of English: 'unexplainably'. I would have chosen 'inexplicably', but I'm English!

Someone doesn't have to be old to die of natural causes - babies that die of cot death aren't exactly old are they!!

If you have access from data on the internet then why don't you try using it properly.

You are a funny guy, anyone dying unexplainably undergoes an autopsy, stop deluding yourself.

And of course won't a Thai autopsy be enough, just think about the language used in the autopsy report, will it be in English or Thai. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Despite the serious nature of the story, enjoyed the use of English: 'unexplainably'. I would have chosen 'inexplicably', but I'm English!

Sorry, me Svedis whistling.giftongue.png

Edited by KamalaRider
  • Like 2

The mother of a backpacker who died on the Thai island where two Brits were murdered today demanded her body is returned to the UK for examination saying she feared a cover-up by local police.

Very disturbing news, blood on her face when found dead and the mother who wants her daughter returned as soon as possible to the UK for an autopsy.

Can we all just be a little more respectful. There are many reasons why there might be evidence of blood on a body after death. In itself, and without any supporting evidence, sensationalistic reporting journalism will provoke speculation.

Sorry, me Svedis whistling.giftongue.png
Hey, no problem...quite a cool alternative really!
  • Like 2

The mother of a backpacker who died on the Thai island where two Brits were murdered today demanded her body is returned to the UK for examination saying she feared a cover-up by local police.

Can we all just be a little more respectful. There are many reasons why there might be evidence of blood on a body after death. In itself, and without any supporting evidence, sensationalistic reporting journalism will provoke speculation.

I'm sorry if my post came out as disrespectful, but I am a little lost for words.

I do think the buffalo is already out of the house though and I have to admit, I was hoping the little girl Christina actually died from an aneurysm, stroke or something, I didn't want to speculate, still don't but I think it's really disturbing when the police first said there were no evidence of foul play. Don't you agree?

The British press have got it wrong again (as they did with Hannah and David's murder).

The murdered woman's family have stated that she died of natural causes and not under suspicious circumstances!!

If they (the UK gutter press) had written about there being a Mafia culture on Koh Toh then fair enough BUT linking this death to Mafia gangs is bang out of order and I don't blame the Mayor for being enraged about shoddy/outrageous reporting.

He said "the murdered woman's family have stated that she died of natural causes" I would think that you saying murdered instead of passed away is "weird" to say the least.

Back up in the thread a bit.

He has already stated that the Mayor of Koh Tao is his brother.

whistling.gif.pagespeed.ce.FVjgnKnWS1SW1

• Like 1

Back up in the thread a bit.

He has already stated that the Mayor of Koh Tao is his brother.

whistling.gif.pagespeed.ce.FVjgnKnWS1SW1

What do you mean? ??

Most UK media (including the most famous one) should be ban in Thailand.

They like to make money by reporting negative news about Thailand (and North Korea, etc).

Shame on them.

Unfortunately gone are the days of good reporting in the UK.

Once upon a time the press used to report all the facts without bias or opinion. If you wanted an opinion you would turn to the commentary section where you would get a balanced opinion from a well informed reporter. Today all news is mixed up with biased, opinionated and misleading reporting. This includes the more reputable papers i.e. The Times and The Telegraph.and even the TV news reporting.

This is the UK. However fortunately there are other foreign news sources which have not gone down this route, I shall never buy a UK newspaper again.

loonodingle, on 26 Jan 2015 - 10:36, said:

Don't know what the guy is on about.... the other day either islandlife or lover TVF member was on here saying how great business was. Never had it so good he/she reckoned.

Well that wasn't me, loonodingle. Please don't confuse me with that other person!

• Like 2

"It may mislead foreign tourists who have never been to Koh Tao to think that Koh Tao is full of mafia who like to kill or exploit foreign tourists,"

No...No...we do not think that of Koh Tao...we think this is true of ALL of Thailand...especially places like Koh Tao, Phuket, and Pattaya...

• Like 1

Consider this. There have been thirteen murders of Britons in Thailand in the last five years. In that time there has been about four million UK visitors. That makes a death rate from homicide of one in 300,000 visitors. The Uk death rate from murder within the UK is one in every 100,000 inhabitants each year. It is approx 600 per year. Ergo Thailand is safer than the UK to be in at any given time. Conspiracy theorists please note.

Most UK media (including the most famous one) should be ban in Thailand.

They like to make money by reporting negative news about Thailand (and North Korea, etc).

Shame on them.

Unfortunately gone are the days of good reporting in the UK.

Once upon a time the press used to report all the facts without bias or opinion. If you wanted an opinion you would turn to the commentary section where you would get a balanced opinion from a well informed reporter. Today all news is mixed up with biased, opinionated and misleading reporting. This includes the more reputable papers i.e. The Times and The Telegraph.and even the TV news reporting.

This is the UK. However fortunately there are other foreign news sources which have not gone down this route, I shall never buy a UK newspaper again.

we refer to them as the "Gutter press"

I do wish all these innocent young tourists would cease and desist from being nuisances and causing so much inconvenience on the island by committing suicide, having fatal accidents and being brutally murdered. They really are becoming bad for business.

Edited by Beetlejuice

Consider this. There have been thirteen murders of Britons in Thailand in the last five years. In that time there has been about four million UK visitors. That makes a death rate from homicide of one in 300,000 visitors. The Uk death rate from murder within the UK is one in every 100,000 inhabitants each year. It is approx 600 per year. Ergo Thailand is safer than the UK to be in at any given time. Conspiracy theorists please note.

Think you'd best check out the overall murder rate in Thailand compared to the U.K before you make such statements.

Dont think Brits are purposely targeted over here.

• Like 1

loonodingle, on 26 Jan 2015 - 10:36, said:

Don't know what the guy is on about.... the other day either islandlife or lover TVF member was on here saying how great business was. Never had it so good he/she reckoned.

Well that wasn't me, loonodingle. Please don't confuse me with that other person!

Sorry couldn't remember hence the either or..

Island life says things are BOOMING..so why all the Hoo Ha...??????...... that's several ?'s just in case JTJ is reading this as he likes to count. He managed to get to 3 yesterday. I was very impressed. He obviously had to take his mittens off no doubt but top marks.. ;-)