Suphan Buri top cop booted over 'former PM visit order'

webfact

Suphan Buri Top Cop Booted Over 'Former PM Visit Order'
By Khaosod English

14223362291422336277l.jpg
Politicians pay visit to former PM Banharn (in yellow) to wish him a happy new year at his residence in Bangkok, 1 January 2015 [Matichon]

SUPHAN BURI — The police commander of Suphan Buri province has been transferred after he ordered a group of newly appointed police officers in the area to pay respect to an influential former Prime Minister.

Pol.Maj.Gen. Chatcharin Sawangwong was instructed to leave his current post in an urgent notice issued yesterday evening by the 7th Region Police headquarters. The order stated that Pol.Maj.Gen. Chatcharin will be informed of his new duties after he reports personally to the headquarters at 8.30 am today.

Although the notice did not state any reason for his transfer, several police officers privately told Khaosod that Pol.Maj.Gen. Chatcharin was removed because he ordered 28 recently promoted Suphan Buri police officers to personally pay respect to former Prime Minister Banharn Silpa-archa at his residence.

The directive, which was issued on 25 January, instructed the officers to meet with Banharn at 7.30 am on 27 January.

"The instruction described in point 1 of this document is the policy of Suphan Buri Police. Therefore, the officers must attend the aforementioned meeting without exception. All officers must also be punctual," the order reads.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1422336229

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-01-27

Stupid, childish politics...........3rd grade kids have a better understanding of these issues than these plebs!!

I beg to differ, this is more realpolitik than anything you will see in the West. They understand power very well.

• Like 1

It does still amaze me at what gets the people in power riled...just the hint...that some political want-a-be has an audience gets these folks all worked up...no room for anyone except the people in power at the moment...

I have my doubts that a true democracy has a chance among all these bottom feeders...