Tottenham Thread

chonabot

9 hours ago, smokie36 said:

His MOM performance was a bit of a giveaway.

Smokie.

Just saw your reply elsewhere. Definitely no animosity intended. Apologies if you read things differently.

As I've told you before, the Restaurant Manager at the Amari Hotel is a massive fan of football. She may be into Thai football more than Brit football these days, but she's the kind of person who can chat about this stuff for hours. Her knowledge of Man U used to be encyclopedic, and is probably still pretty comprehensive. 

Stay cool.

Seems safe to presume that we've lost Kane till december.  Ankle ligament damage is eight weeks more or less then time needed to get match fit.

What an opportunity for Janssen.  Lets also remember we have a proven goal scoring record amongst the midfield.

9 minutes ago, carmine said:

Seems safe to presume that we've lost Kane till december.  Ankle ligament damage is eight weeks more or less then time needed to get match fit.

What an opportunity for Janssen.  Lets also remember we have a proven goal scoring record amongst the midfield.

The good news is that we'll have Aguero back for the match at your gaff :smile:

^ Edwards played 90 mins (and scored) against our kids on Monday night so I would doubt he'll come on (you have another game Friday as well)....By the way, we won 6-2:thumbsup:  Carter-Vickers  wasn't in the squad so I agree he looks nailed unless injured.

27 minutes ago, wilai said:

^ Edwards played 90 mins (and scored) against our kids on Monday night so I would doubt he'll come on (you have another game Friday as well)....By the way, we won 6-2:thumbsup:  Carter-Vickers  wasn't in the squad so I agree he looks nailed unless injured.

I hearing Edwards will be playing but who can be sure.  The expectation on this lad is immense.  Hope he can handle it.

15 hours ago, wilai said:

^ Manager ain't helping him...."The Spud Messi!?"

To be fair, a mate who was at Stevenage on Monday said he looks the business!

Yep he's known as mini Messi at the club.  As you say the normally reserved Pochettino oozing plaudits doesn't help.

He's been at the club for nine years but we only managed to resign him on a two year deal so i'd imagine theres a lot of attention in his direction.

Straight forward win last night.  Nice to see the youngsters get a run out and Poch suggesting they will remain for the Liverpool fixture.  

I think i'd rather see a first team center back pairing of Toby and Carter-Vickers.  Don't care about his age i just thing he is a better player than Vertonghen and far more talented.Also think on the evidence of what i've seen Harry Winks will be pushing very hard for a first team place.

4 hours ago, carmine said:

Yep he's known as mini Messi at the club.  As you say the normally reserved Pochettino oozing plaudits doesn't help.

He's been at the club for nine years but we only managed to resign him on a two year deal so i'd imagine theres a lot of attention in his direction.

Given the quotes, wouldn't surprise me if Barca come a-sniffin'

On 9/21/2016 at 1:37 PM, wilai said:

Don't know how relevant to that match this is because i don't know the average age of your U23 side but our is 18.

I believe five players were missing due to the cup game wednesday night.  Either way, i can't argue, you thrashed us. 

10 hours ago, carmine said:

Don't know how relevant to that match this is because i don't know the average age of your U23 side but our is 18.

I believe five players were missing due to the cup game wednesday night.  Either way, i can't argue, you thrashed us. 

We have some really good talents in the team...not eleven 21 year olds its true or a team which plays together regularly enough to be hugely effective as Liverpool's side will before they all get shipped out to Blackpool or Brentford.

Crack on wilai son!

15 hours ago, carmine said:

Think Ilori and Stewart were the only ones over 20. Woodburn was the youngest at 16 so probably not much difference overall.   No, I ain't working it out!:smile:

Another relatively straight forward win although yet again we should have killed it off completely in the first half. We must be more clinical.  

Nailed on penalty in the first half when Dele was shoved to the ground. Even the Boro defender looked surprised it wasn't given.  Blind ref again.

Alderweirald just looks imperious at the back but with Dier Rose Kane and Dembele all out this showed the strength of our squad.  

Son obviously MoM but i'm still struggling to fathom how a chairman as tight as ours would sanction 30m for Sissoko?

I'm not writing him off but 30m?!!!!

Looking forward to City next sunday and hopefully do a job in Moscow in between.

Edited by carmine

So next sunday the highest goal scorers come up against the meanest defense.  Should be an interesting game.  I really think its high time someone needs to stop City in their tracks.  

Having a fit Dier/Dembele duo is crucial for us and presumably an attacking three of Eriksen,  Delle Alli and Son.

1 hour ago, carmine said:

So next sunday the highest goal scorers come up against the meanest defense.  Should be an interesting game.  I really think its high time someone needs to stop City in their tracks.  

Having a fit Dier/Dembele duo is crucial for us and presumably an attacking three of Eriksen,  Delle Alli and Son.

I really hope you beat them. I consider them a serious rival.

:w00t:

17 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

the fact you believe Spurs are a flash in the pan and that Chelsea will be a cert for top 4 sums up your knowledge of football perfectly.

You got Leicester right but we all knew the same about a Flock of Seagulls 

Chelsea top four?

I mean I'm pleased with the way we took them apart, but they are utter shi'ite.

Even Tottenham would gub them at the moment (notice how I kept on topic).

• Like 1

Again, five players missing for our game in Moscow.  Big test early season for our squad depth but the age and inexperience is worrying at this level. I'm expecting something very similar to the side of last weekend with perhaps the added defensive strengths of Wanyama.