Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Discussion on lower league footie seems quite logical on this thread,forward thinking is the way forward even if the club is going backwards,i applaud your forsite chaps clap2.gif

Don't you have some summer footie to discuss? And a new midfield to buy? Get busy with that and stop yer nonsense! biggrin.png

Or C+P on Josephine's thread....they love talk of relegation...clap2.gif

Discussion on lower league footie seems quite logical on this thread,forward thinking is the way forward even if the club is going backwards,i applaud your forsite chaps clap2.gif

Actually dont know who should be feelin worst You for giving away the title or us or giving a champions league spot away.

The only way to salvage anything from this mess is to make a couple of early and excellent signings.

I'm not holding my breath.

Well it seems we could be signing the Belgian defender very soon.....also Adebayor "in talks". Again not holding my breath on that one although Citeh will be keen to shift him.

BREAKING NEWS!!

TOTTENHAM MIGHT GET CL NEXT YEAR.

It seems like Levy have hired some lawers to check out if Tottenham might get CL next year. This is the rule regarding which teams that should get CL:

"If the titleholder comes from an association entitled to four places in the UEFA Champions League and does not qualify for the UEFA Champions

League or UEFA Europa League through its domestic competitions, the lowest-ranked club of the association’s UEFA Champions League

representatives is automatically transferred to the UEFA Europa League (into the latest possible round where there is a vacancy). In this case, the

national association of the titleholder is entitled to one additional place in the UEFA Europa League."

Its all about what the text mean, as Man C actually is ranked lower then Tottenham in the UEFA rankings, Levys lawers are looking into if Tottenham should not get the place insted of Man C. Last time it was Liverpool that got an extra place, in addition to Everton that ended 4th. I dont think Tottenham will get this through, but my O my it would have been fun. :)

BREAKING NEWS!!

It seems like Levy have hired some lawers to check out if Tottenham might get CL next year. This is the rule regarding which teams that should get CL:

"If the titleholder comes from an association entitled to four places in the UEFA Champions League and does not qualify for the UEFA Champions

League or UEFA Europa League through its domestic competitions, the lowest-ranked club of the association’s UEFA Champions League

representatives is automatically transferred to the UEFA Europa League (into the latest possible round where there is a vacancy). In this case, the

national association of the titleholder is entitled to one additional place in the UEFA Europa League."

Its all about what the text mean, as Man C actually is ranked lower then Tottenham in the UEFA rankings, Levys lawers are looking into if Tottenham should not get the place insted of Man C. Last time it was Liverpool that got an extra place, in addition to Everton that ended 4th. I dont think Tottenham will get this through, but my O my it would have been fun. smile.png

biggrin.png If only!

I bring joyous news followers of Spurs...

Alfie's White Hart Lane ITK has reported that the relationship between scrotum face and Levy is at an all time low, if that was possible, now our beloved manager is being linked to the scousers!

I bring joyous news followers of Spurs...

Alfie's White Hart Lane ITK has reported that the relationship between scrotum face and Levy is at an all time low, if that was possible, now our beloved manager is being linked to the scousers!

If only carms if only !

BREAKING NEWS!!

Its all about what the text mean, as Man C actually is ranked lower then Tottenham in the UEFA rankings, Levys lawers are looking into if Tottenham should not get the place insted of Man C. Last time it was Liverpool that got an extra place, in addition to Everton that ended 4th. I dont think Tottenham will get this through, but my O my it would have been fun. smile.png

biggrin.png If only!

There must be plenty of lawyers around WHL who could hold out their hands, close both eyes and interpret the phrase the lowest-ranked club of the association’s UEFA Champions League representatives to mean lowest-ranked in terms of playing games in the CL! I guess Spursll be coming up next with that fair play rule that says that anyone who has qualified for 16 years on the trot has to give way to the team that most desperately wants the place.

BREAKING NEWS!!

biggrin.png If only!

There must be plenty of lawyers around WHL who could hold out their hands, close both eyes and interpret the phrase the lowest-ranked club of the association’s UEFA Champions League representatives to mean lowest-ranked in terms of playing games in the CL! I guess Spursll be coming up next with that fair play rule that says that anyone who has qualified for 16 years on the trot has to give way to the team that most desperately wants the place.

When this was last up (Everton vs Liverpool), then they were talking about 4th in the PL. The problem is that every time UEFA writes something about ranking, they always refer to the UEFA index ranking. And when the rule, dont say specific which ranking they mean, it can be tried out. If you read the rule, its not clear what they mean. Of course Man C as the winner should be in it, but that a club should lose its spot in the CL after the season is finished, is also not right. So UEFA should allow all 5 teams from England to enter, change the rule so its clear or let the country that has the winner, and ends outside top 4, have 5 teams. Would be fun if Man C lost its place thou...lol. But I dont think UEFA will let another English team pressure them to change things again.

Would be fun if Man C lost its place thou...lol. But I dont think UEFA will let another English team pressure them to change things again.

Yeah that'd be good wouldn't it. The actual Champions not in the Champions league but the runner-up and runners-runners-up are allowed in. farcical that would be. Dream on

Will be interesting to see if the other thing I mentioned turns out to be true, Anyway Remy sounds like he's on his way

.http://www.mirror.co...ll-still-844130

Those two would be excellent signings for us.

Vertoghen, Kaboul Caulker and Dawson is very strong in cetral defence. Its seems its not beyond the realms of possibility we stike a deal with Ade. Along with VDV and Remy upfront and a central midfield quartet of Parker Livermore, Huddlestone and Sandro, we have very strong foundations.

I do think we need to get a younger keeper.

The big question is whether we replace Modric whose departure is beginning to look likely?

Another central midfielder will be a must carmine. Looking at Hudd's injury record we can't trust him to stay available for the whole season I'm afraid.

A keeper yeah and a right midfielder for me. Remy and Adebayor up front. Great.

Another central midfielder will be a must carmine. Looking at Hudd's injury record we can't trust him to stay available for the whole season I'm afraid.

We already have four top central midfielders....how many do you want? We actually have five if you include Modric.

We should stick withthose four, sell Modric, and look for some decent cover for Lennon and Bale. Injuries to Lennon ruins our balance and cost us dear.

Brads not getting any younger is he! Its also ludicrous havind Cudicin who's 38 and Gomes who's a liability.

We already have four top central midfielders....how many do you want? We actually have five if you include Modric.

We should stick withthose four, sell Modric, and look for some decent cover for Lennon and Bale. Injuries to Lennon ruins our balance and cost us dear.

Brads not getting any younger is he! Its also ludicrous havind Cudicin who's 38 and Gomes who's a liability.

Parker...Sandro...Hudd....where is the fourth carms? We need someone more creative if we sell Modric.

Agree with the rest though.

Parker...Sandro...Hudd....where is the fourth carms? We need someone more creative if we sell Modric.

The fourth is Jake Livermore.

Regards creativity , i'm not saying for one moment we won't need to replace Modric, ofcourse, we will but don't underestimate what Huddlestone brings to the play.

He turned the entire game around against Young Boys and without him we never would have qualified for the champions league

Serious question: why doesn't Jamie Redknapp look like his dad?

Are you implying that jamie is good looking where as his dad isn't ? it probaly didn't help Harry having his face smashed up in a car accident !

I think Harry head was used as a football for most of his career.

Regards Jamie, maybe Sandra was a bit of a sort in her youger days. Eitherway, Jamie's a self adoring knob like his old man

Serious question: why doesn't Jamie Redknapp look like his dad?

Are you implying that jamie is good looking where as his dad isn't ? it probaly didn't help Harry having his face smashed up in a car accident !

You know what Alf, i named my new car Rosie in homage to <deleted> features Redknapp and his tax dodging...nice touch i thought! thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

The fourth is Jake Livermore.

Regards creativity , i'm not saying for one moment we won't need to replace Modric, ofcourse, we will but don't underestimate what Huddlestone brings to the play.

He turned the entire game around against Young Boys and without him we never would have qualified for the champions league

Livermore isn't ready for a full campaign carms....and yes I have not forgotten Hudd's excellent range of passing. Had he been available this season he would have given Modric a run for his money as well!

I'm just worried he won't be able to play...and then where are we?

Livermore is 100% ready. He was man of the match in a couple of our final games. Rock solid.

But yes, Hudd's fitness is a very big worry. He will be more of a bonus

If you are right regarding Livermore its a big plus for us....maybe we should concentrate on goalscorers then this summer. If we can bring in two then that would be great.

Livermore is 100% ready. He was man of the match in a couple of our final games. Rock solid.

But yes, Hudd's fitness is a very big worry. He will be more of a bonus

If you are right regarding Livermore its a big plus for us....maybe we should concentrate on goalscorers then this summer. If we can bring in two then that would be great.

Well if Modric goes which is likely then we'll have to bring in a playmaker for sure.

Aside of this Adebayor and Remy would be fantastic. If we secured them we would have VDV as the third striker and sell Defoe.

Whilst Brad is now so old he might forget who he plays for my main concern is the lack of replacement for Bale and Lennon

I would also like Levy to sell Kranjcar. He's been very loyal to us and is not going to break into the first team. He deserves the chance to get his career back on track. Dos Santos should also be sold. Theres no point in having him if Redknapp clearly doesn'y want to play him

I agree with smok's be nice if livermore was ready next season but i dont think so, big differenc between starting a few games and being a ll regular, he 'll hold his game together and wont do anything wrong,, but is he at changing a game stage yet, like sandro , parker , modric and huddlestone,bale ect ect? dont think so. Well . Any way our mans meeting their man on monday, hopefully to finalise the vertigooooo deal,

I agree with smok's be nice if livermore was ready next season but i dont think so, big differenc between starting a few games and being a ll regular, he 'll hold his game together and wont do anything wrong,, but is he at changing a game stage yet, like sandro , parker , modric and huddlestone,bale ect ect? dont think so. Well . Any way our mans meeting their man on monday, hopefully to finalise the vertigooooo deal,

This deal is excellent for us. If we get the striker next week as well and Adebayor gets a deal then I will be a happy man going into the Euros.

A winger who can play either side would be fantastic. Bring on Robben....!tongue.png

Oh and carms don't bother with the disnae or dusnae...you will still be getting abuse next month. rolleyes.gif

Hoilet the obvious choice...plays both sides doesn't he.

Frankly on what i saw in the final i wouldn't want Robben anyway. Overpaid show poney who plays for himself.