Tottenham Thread

chonabot

yeah poor stats but everton have been playing him as a holding midfielder At the end of the season played him off the striker and he was excellent,. playing there he Would score an awful lot more and the game is all about having top class options.

Just a quote on his holding play ' He finished the season having won the most tackles, aerial duels and made more passes than anyone else at the club. He won the second highest amount of tackles in the league and won possession of the ball 190 times, the most out of any player' imo we could use him

And what the fuc does 'your at it again rij' mean

Calm down, were supposed to be on the same side! biggrin.png

Anyway, all this talk is meaningless at the moment because it looks like we will be looking for a new manager come thursday. Levy has seemingly only got a severence package in mind.

Watch this space.......

Yes seems that way doesnt it?

In the middle of the Euro coverage they had news that Harry had vigorously denied reports that he was going to resign.

Usually these are a good sign that you are going to be sacked.

Mind you he has been asking for it. Negotiating with Levy in the press and with Rooney's agent.

106F in Doha today in case he's interested.

Redknapp would never resign without the biggest pay off he can get

Looking back, how exactly did Harry miss out on the England job? Edit: i.e. was there a deeper reason why he decided to stick with Spurs at the crucial moment when presumably he was offered it and then why did he fail to turn the decline around. Not trying to chuck spears - just interested in perspectives on what seems to be a bit of a mystery to me.

Would he not be on the carpet now if Bayern had beaten Chelsea?

Edited by SantiSuk

only got a year left on his contract though hasn't he? which would be the maximum he'd get in that case?

Stevie, <deleted> face wouldn't resign if had only 5 days left on his contract if it meant losing 5 days compenstion !

Looking back, how exactly did Harry miss out on the England job? Edit: i.e. was there a deeper reason why he decided to stick with Spurs at the crucial moment when presumably he was offered it and then why did he fail to turn the decline around. Not trying to chuck spears - just interested in perspectives on what seems to be a bit of a mystery to me.

brooking and bernstein innit?

only got a year left on his contract though hasn't he? which would be the maximum he'd get in that case?

Stevie, <deleted> face wouldn't resign if had only 5 days left on his contract if it meant losing 5 days compenstion !

oh aye, i know mate. wasn't the rumour that copper wire was invented by harry and a scotsman fighting over a penny?

• Like 1

SS, what are you on ?

he decided to stick with Spurs at the crucial moment when presumably he was offered it
24.gif

He would have grabbed the England job quicker than a monkey grabbing a banana if he had been offered it .

SS, what are you on ?

... The outside track. well, clearly I don't have the inside track (nor do I monitor the tabloids), that's why I asked :-)

Its become blatently obvious that you and new chum Oldgit seem to think that anyone that knows anything that you too do just gets it off a tabloid or ofcourse is just plain wrong because they differ from your opinions. wink.png

I suppose it takes a tabloid reader to know one. Personally i don't read them so i can't answer this one.

Why are you so obsessed with this thread, you spend way more time on her than on the Arse thread?

I think it was a case of his face didn't fit, As well as he handles in the press in conferences , dont think he projects the image the fa want to create, which is scurrilous really in the days of racial equality. He's an east end barrow boy at heart and isure 'm the powers to be see the managers job as not only a coach but as a representative, and probably to them dear old ari still v much represents 2 many things that went on in football in the past aka his recent court case and there's no doubts plenty they know b ut cant prove. So no big surprise really, just the media didn't let it rest and no doubts affected our season they, it could be debated, helped in our endeavour not to have a decent crack at the title.

Looking back, how exactly did Harry miss out on the England job? Edit: i.e. was there a deeper reason why he decided to stick with Spurs at the crucial moment when presumably he was offered it and then why did he fail to turn the decline around.

Saw him on the tele the other night doing his Euro 2012 punditry (and very optimistic he is too). He said he was never approached over the England job and he also said that if he had been offered the job he would have definitely taken it.

He then went on to say that he didnt think that the speculation unsettled the team which seems a bit odd given his recent comments that him only having a year left on his contract would.

Mind you watching Harry actually say anything, it really is hard to take him seriously.

I think it was a case of his face didn't fit, As well as he handles in the press in conferences , dont think he projects the image the fa want to create, which is scurrilous really in the days of racial equality. He's an east end barrow boy at heart and isure 'm the powers to be see the managers job as not only a coach but as a representative, and probably to them dear old ari still v much represents 2 many things that went on in football in the past aka his recent court case and there's no doubts plenty they know b ut cant prove. So no big surprise really, just the media didn't let it rest and no doubts affected our season they, it could be debated, helped in our endeavour not to have a decent crack at the title.

come again? the FA is being racist towards redknapp by giving the job to a white englishman in place of a, well, white englishman?

he and trevor brooking can't stand each other after they fell out many years ago. brooking is david bernstein's man. redknapp simply pissed off the wrong people a while ago and never apologised.

And sorry santi I missed that question , A v big no, if they we had qualified for the champs league, no doubts a nice big new contract would have been ready to sign, And tbh that team was easily good enuf and should have cemented at least 3 rd position. But as it stands the team is on the verge of breaking k up and with it, it would seem, go any realistic chances of ANY near future champs lge football,

come again? the FA is being racist towards redknapp by giving the job to a white englishman in place of a, well, white englishman?

he and trevor brooking can't stand each other after they fell out many years ago. brooking is david bernstein's man. redknapp simply pissed off the wrong people a while ago and never apologised.

sounds about right, but its all about perception, I'm not saying it's right or that i agree with it and it may sound strange but

it could be argued that ari comes from a 'minority' ethnic group and because of that minorities perceived social abilities he's being discriminated against after all statistically currently he's was by far the best candidate

And sorry santi I missed that question , A v big no, if they we had qualified for the champs league, no doubts a nice big new contract would have been ready to sign, And tbh that team was easily good enuf and should have cemented at least 3 rd position. But as it stands the team is on the verge of breaking k up and with it, it would seem, go any realistic chances of ANY near future champs lge football,

I'm not so sure things are so bleak. If redknapp is pushed, which is highly likely, its not a knee jerk by Levy. It would be a very considered decision. I think he learny a lot from his treatment and removal of martin Jol.

He needs to move swiftly and have someone hopefully lined up. i see no reason why we would lose anyone bar Modric...for the right price ofcourse.

I'd like Villas-Boas actually and the fact there will be no CL football for a season would take pressure off him. He could experiment in the europa/carling and focus on another top four and a FA cup run.

sounds about right, but its all about perception, I'm not saying it's right or that i agree with it and it may sound strange but

it could be argued that ari comes from a 'minority' ethnic group and because of that minorities perceived social abilities he's being discriminated against after all statistically currently he's was by far the best candidate

hmm.

think 'statistically' by far the best candidate was the one they sacked by the way. the one who got england to the euros unbeaten, who had the best managerial win record of any england manager ever (i think) and who had, you know, won loads of trophies in italy and spain and that.

hmm.

think 'statistically' by far the best candidate was the one they sacked by the way. the one who got england to the euros unbeaten, who had the best managerial win record of any england manager ever (i think) and who had, you know, won loads of trophies in italy and spain and that.

yeah probably, cap' had an amazing club and one off international record but he fuc_ked it up big time in the last tournemont,

hmm.

I thought he resigned! Maybe i'm wrong but thats what i thought

I see you use the word 'currently' presumably meaning that Harry's record with Spurs is far superior to Hodgson's at Fulham, Liverpool and WBA. However, if you look at their careers as a whole, you can probably argue that Hodgson is better qualified. He did enjoy considerable success in Sweden and pretty much changed the game there, he is tactically more 'aware' and obviously has more international experience. And, at the end of the day, the question with Redknapp's success at Spurs is how much is down to him and how much is down to Levy and the force of circumstance. I dont think you can argue that Harry was overlooked as the better qualified candidate (in fact neither candidates resume was sparkling) merely overlooked as the most popular one.

yeah probably, cap' had an amazing club and one off international record but he fuc_ked it up big time in the last tournemont,

or did he have to deal with unrealistic expectations? expectation levels which seem to be greatly reduced this tournament despite a lot of the playing squad still being largely the same as two years ago?

I thought he resigned! Maybe i'm wrong but thats what i thought

potato, potahto.

• Like 1

or did he have to deal with unrealistic expectations? expectation levels which seem to be greatly reduced this tournament despite a lot of the playing squad still being largely the same as two years ago?

potato, potahto.

Nah mate, on my part it was nothing to do with expectation IMO at the tournemont he handled the squad poorly, plenty of reports that they were bored , no phones ect ect seemed he treated them a bit like children, I know the common answer is they are , but reality the majority arnt they are responsible adults add that up and add that he took a sqaud that had just had a v v hard season and trained their nut's off, WRONG MOVE Nah , he fuc_ked up.

And as for ari carmine you really think this 'debate' about his future would be happening if we had champs league football?

Personally i think not.

This hasnt been a case in the past, but imo, last season levy was really banking on us qualifying for the champs lge, 4 me weve seen evidence that he was in the process of winding the squad down, coincidental? i think not, that it was b4 the building started for the new stadium, not to the point of the 1st 11 being effected, but the competitiveness of the squad is noticeably weaker, ie all the loans sales ect ect, and qualifying for europe, in effect would have made his judgement call correct, now it seems his call was wrong, no doubts he's being pulled up on it and rightly or wrongly the buck gets passed to our ari. Thats life.

And as for ari carmine you really think this 'debate' about his future would be happening if we had champs league football?

Personally i think not.

This hasnt been a case in the past, but imo, last season levy was really banking on us qualifying for the champs lge, 4 me weve seen evidence that he was in the process of winding the squad down, coincidental? i think not, that it was b4 the building started for the new stadium, not to the point of the 1st 11 being effected, but the competitiveness of the squad is noticeably weaker, ie all the loans sales ect ect, and qualifying for europe, in effect would have made his judgement call correct, now it seems his call was wrong, no doubts he's being pulled up on it and rightly or wrongly the buck gets passed to our ari. Thats life.

If you ask me Levy was banking on Redknapp getting the England job (presumably after his contract was up after the Euros). He had generated a decent war chest for a new manager that could be supplemented by the proceeds of the sale of say Modric. Very attractive to get a new manager and to help him reshape the squad. The loan deals, Adebayor etc.. Levy didnt exactly invest in the squad at the beginning of the season to get CL. And Redknapp not getting the England job was quite unexpected.

But we don't and even if we did a lot of supporters would want him gone.

and rightly or wrongly the buck gets passed to our ari. Thats life.

Wrongly !!!!! he picks the team, he chooses the tactics, if it's not his fault, who's is it 102.gif ? perhaps it's the tea lady

Personally i think not.

If you ask me Levy was banking on Redknapp getting the England job (presumably after his contract was up after the Euros). He had generated a decent war chest for a new manager that could be supplemented by the proceeds of the sale of say Modric. Very attractive to get a new manager and to help him reshape the squad. The loan deals, Adebayor etc.. Levy didnt exactly invest in the squad at the beginning of the season to get CL. And Redknapp not getting the England job was quite unexpected.

I agree with most of that levy, as did most of the world thought that ari was going to get the job and levy had planned accordingly when he didnt and then failed 2 qualify for the champs league, surprise, surprise, no offer of a new contract, one can only assume that the writings on the wall. I just wonder who generated yesterday's story that ari had resigned? it wouldnt surprise me if it was levy's camp. As for a new manager, Villa boaz, a failed chelsea manager, yeah abso right!!!! white hart lane would totally luv that, a couple of defeast and they'de be on his case bitching BIG STYLE, it could be viewed as bac to the days of Goering Graham again, NO WAY!!!! nah Martinez, has done his time and imo, is more than ready for a step up, and workin with levy, as opposed to a director of football, sounds like it could well work for him

Personally i think not.

I agree with most of that levy, as did most of the world thought that ari was going to get the job and levy had planned accordingly when he didnt and then failed 2 qualify for the champs league, surprise, surprise, no offer of a new contract, one can only assume that the writings on the wall. I just wonder who generated yesterday's story that ari had resigned? it wouldnt surprise me if it was levy's camp. As for a new manager, Villa boaz, a failed chelsea manager, yeah abso right!!!! white hart lane would totally luv that, a couple of defeast and they'de be on his case bitching BIG STYLE, it could be viewed as bac to the days of Goering Graham again, NO WAY!!!! nah Martinez, has done his time and imo, is more than ready for a step up, and workin with levy, as opposed to a director of football, sounds like it could well work for him

Some people are saying Deschamps which our old mate Carms said a long time ago !

But we don't and even if we did a lot of supporters would want him gone.

and rightly or wrongly the buck gets passed to our ari. Thats life.

Wrongly !!!!! he picks the team, he chooses the tactics, if it's not his fault, who's is it 102.gif ? perhaps it's the tea lady

I fuc_kin give up with you sometimes alfie!!! <deleted> try and look at the sentence/paragraph and see its point rather than take a few isolated words out and then read what u want into them.

Personally i think not.

Some people are saying Deschamps which our old mate Carms said a long time ago !

could be, but, the last one didnt do that well , fickle comes to mind. And this man don't sound much different.

I dont see much bitching and moaning come out of the Spurs camp to be honest.

You have had a terrible run of bad luck. First the Harry episode and how it was handled by the FA. Basically people either love or hate him so it would have been terribly convenient for him to be promoted to the England job. A bit like Boris Johnson becoming Mayor. Then there was the ridiculous rule that kept you out of the CL. The good news is that whoever you have as manager you will still have Levy.

I cant help but get the feeling that either Moyes is stalling on his contract for a reason or Martinez has itchy feet. As far as the stories in the press, I am afraid that Harry creates them because they are the by-product of the veiled threats that he makes.

I am only pleased that Brendan Rodgers is off the market.