Tottenham Thread

chonabot

A winger who can play either side would be fantastic. Bring on Robben....!tongue.png

Oh and carms don't bother with the disnae or dusnae...you will still be getting abuse next month. rolleyes.gif

Hoilet the obvious choice...plays both sides doesn't he.

Frankly on what i saw in the final i wouldn't want Robben anyway. Overpaid show poney who plays for himself.

Hoilett would be welcome. Would be difficult to get a left winger to join us now....who would want to fight for a place with Bale?

yeah peinaar has suffered that fate,and its going to be even more difficult bringing in a developing talent knowing that he's probably going to be sitting on the bench at best. People/fans have short memories, and i'm sure if peinnar hadnt gone and had a fab end of the season with everton , on here 4 sure they would have been say ing he aint in the team so he must be crap ' crap, waste of space, ect ect, when really it's just circumstance and the 4mation ect ect that has dictated the situ, not they players talent.

yeah peinaar has suffered that fate,and its going to be even more difficult bringing in a developing talent knowing that he's probably going to be sitting on the bench at best. People/fans have short memories, and i'm sure if peinnar hadnt gone and had a fab end of the season with everton , on here 4 sure they would have been say ing he aint in the team so he must be crap ' crap, waste of space, ect ect, when really it's just circumstance and the 4mation ect ect that has dictated the situ, not they players talent.

It really makes so much sense to get a player like Hoilett that can deputise on both wings. This would have solved so many problems last season.

Don't think i explained myself well about Livermore. I don't think he will ever be a game changer. But he's always going to be the guy that comes off the bench and plays solid steady football all over the midfield. Young fit and confident. i think Parker will have to be used more sparingly and not get burnt out by Harry and thers always worries about Huddlestones fitness.

I think you are right about Modric btw. I know theres talk about Real Madrid aswell but i'm not sure he's good enough to start looking at their midfield.

I agree with smok's be nice if livermore was ready next season but i dont think so, big differenc between starting a few games and being a ll regular, he 'll hold his game together and wont do anything wrong,, but is he at changing a game stage yet, like sandro , parker , modric and huddlestone,bale ect ect? dont think so. Well . Any way our mans meeting their man on monday, hopefully to finalise the vertigooooo deal,

Rij rij, what are you talking about mate, Livermore is a defensive mid player therefore not there to change a game ! and i've never seen Parker change a game.

I think gradually Livermore will play more and more games and perhaps be a regular in 2 years time.

Another thing i ike about him is that he is a real Tottenham man and won't want to piss off if someone waves a fiver in his face and it always seems to help team spirit to have homegrown players in the team which hopefully Caulker will be another.

Two good posts there gents. I would hope if Modric leaves its anywhere abroad really.

Don't want to be facing him next season.

Livermore Sandro and Parker all fighting for 1/2 spots at the moment so that is one area we have well covered thankfully.

Just waiting for the deal on the Belgian lad. And praying the Remy deal happens....!

I agree with smok's be nice if livermore was ready next season but i dont think so, big differenc between starting a few games and being a ll regular, he 'll hold his game together and wont do anything wrong,, but is he at changing a game stage yet, like sandro , parker , modric and huddlestone,bale ect ect? dont think so. Well . Any way our mans meeting their man on monday, hopefully to finalise the vertigooooo deal,

Rij rij, what are you talking about mate, Livermore is a defensive mid player therefore not there to change a game ! and i've never seen Parker change a game.

I think gradually Livermore will play more and more games and perhaps be a regular in 2 years time.

Another thing i ike about him is that he is a real Tottenham man and won't want to piss off if someone waves a fiver in his face and it always seems to help team spirit to have homegrown players in the team which hopefully Caulker will be another.

Alfie, you do come out with some, some times mate , so your saying that when parker makes those timely interceptions and sends an opposition attack into a quick counter attack and sandro makes those lung busting runs, not game changing? of coarse they are alfie.

IMO everyone of the reg starters need that ability to turn a game in the locker , Livermore is not there yet and who knows, maybe never will be.. But yeah nice to have players comin thru the ranks, caulker could well be interesting. Looks like he's really benifited from his year at swasea

Yeah, think the speculation has grown cos he's only got a year to run on his contract and apparently they've not offered him a new one

Though this maybe hasnt quite got the same bearing and financial implications as not offering a player a new contract but still, you never know..

Saha's not being offered a new deal, cant say I'm surprised on unhappy about it.

http://www.thesun.co...-Tottenham.html

Unless we don't sign another forward of course !

The pav' deal if i recall was only a loan deal and as far as I know hasnt been confirmed as anything else,.

Pav was sold to Lokomotiv Moscow.

I hope you're not wearing ya Docs today carmine? clap2.gif

Yeah, so it seems carmine , No opinion on saha going? anyway with only defoe and if you can call v dv a striker, signed we really are down to the bare bone's

I've got this horrible feeling were not yet starting 2 feel the real aftermath of non chams lge qualification, missing the monies will b one thing,

but the chances are we'll miss out on transfer target's cos they want to play champs lge, Seems strange that a clubs punished cos of national

success!!!

Yeah, so it seems carmine , No opinion on saha going? anyway with only defoe and if you can call v dv a striker, signed we really are down to the bare bone's

I've got this horrible feeling were not yet starting 2 feel the real aftermath of non chams lge qualification, missing the monies will b one thing,

but the chances are we'll miss out on transfer target's cos they want to play champs lge, Seems strange that a clubs punished cos of national

success!!!

I agree. The obvious one we could miss out on is Loic Remy. And yes, we would be looking very thin off the ground. These days, its almost a precondition of top players that you are in the champions league and lets face it, the europa league is no more than a two bob competition.

When you look at Chelsea's spending its hard to believe that there will realistically be more than one place to challenge for next season because City, Utd and Chelsea will almost certainly be up there.

success!!!

I agree. The obvious one we could miss out on is Loic Remy. And yes, we would be looking very thin off the ground. These days, its almost a precondition of top players that you are in the champions league and lets face it, the europa league is no more than a two bob competition.

When you look at Chelsea's spending its hard to believe that there will realistically be more than one place to challenge for next season because City, Utd and Chelsea will almost certainly be up there.

They aint even got a manager carms...nah I think they will struggle!

That was the worst humble pie post I have ever read. I'm disappointed in you mate...was hoping to fall off my chair! biggrin.png

You honestly expect Humble pie over not knowing the details of a transfer, ,,,,, well there you go,!!!! but ah ive twigged it

your'e still feelin sore bout the stick we gave u over scotland, well mate, remember what goas around comes round,

Bearing in mind its bang on for every England bad result 4 sure scotland will get more!!! LOADS MORE........... LOL

success!!!

Not so sure bout strugglin bit but we can always live in hope!!!! , was listening to a french journalist on a pod cast 2 day , and he said that Chelsea were the only club to meet HAzard's wage demands, pay his agent and since the orig neg'ts theyve got into the champs lge, according to him the 3 together swung it. imo Chelsea have been holding bac on the wages, and trying to balance things but for me the hazard signing was v much a statement of intent and will just be the start, abramo will be wedging large to 'cement' the clubs European place, 4 me Last season was v much a window of opportunity and imo , the ramifications could well be long lasting.

Edited by rijit

success!!!

I really can't see them struggling.

Always good for a laugh as they're such special, special people, you Spuuuuurrsss....biggrin.png

http://shop.tottenha...2btn-jpg/45514/

I take it from carmine's comments your a west ham fan, thailands a good place 4 a west ham fan 2 be, a good enuf excuse to only watch the highlights, cos watching 90 mins of sam's dross wont be much fun!! never mind he might put an entertaining team out in, maybe 6 seasons.

I genuinely pity you.