Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Gallas and caulker to start, I DONT like that combination and NO other STRIKER on the bench, this 2 striker policy is really beginning to bug the fuc out of me. Should still have enuf to take 3 points this afternoon though, famous last words!!!!!

Am i missing something here or is it a trait of AVB's Spurs team that we totally dominate the first half, refuse to sow the match up in order to nervously grind out a narrow victory.

The Brazillian has a head made of steel. Probably going to be the block of the season!

Am i missing something here or is it a trait of AVB's Spurs team that we totally dominate the first half, refuse to sow the match up in order to nervously grind out a narrow victory.

The Brazillian has a head made of steel. Probably going to be the block of the season!

The last fifteen minutes was sheer torture.

Why do Spurs in that abortion of an away kit, when surely they could have just worn white?

While i would much rather wear white, at least our players were able to see each other 24.gif

You know sometimes fergie goes over the top, and that was one instance i could not believe whaat i was seeing when we changed kits at half time and heard his excusetongue.png

In fact we were complete and utter <deleted> in the second half.

I can hardly believe I'm saying those words on here. tongue.png

Its strange smokes ! we go two up (playing well) and then start panicking (basicly,we don't keep the ball).

Plus points : Hudd looks like he is getting a bit of form / fitness back.

Dempsey probaly had his best game.

Caulker seems to be getting better every game.

Minus points : Livermore, seems to be too enthusiastic when he comes on thus he gives away silly fouls away plus passes going astray.

Friedel made a slight rickett so working on rij's criteria Lloris must play the next game !

Minus point was a total lack of leadership/keep possession/slow the game down/experience.

In short Parker was missing.

I think you are spot on there and i would like to go with Alf's suggestion and push Dembele further up. We have to find a way of accomodating Parker and Sandro anyway. Lennon and Bale on the flanks, Kaboul fit and partnering Caulker with Vertoghen on the left. Lloris in goal and switching between Walker and Naughton pending on the game. Bingo! Now go and buy a bloody striker!!

Theres good cover at right back either way, good cover at left with BAE. Towsend can play on either wing. For me dempsey is still a first off the bench infront of Sig but i just can't get my head round whats going on with the mercenary. Is he injured or has he upset Villas-Boas? Needs to be sorted out because its not doing us any good at all.

Lastly he really needs to address the second half performances. The stats speak volumes and tell a horrible story.

Totally agree, block of the season!

Here's the link for all to watch again.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/gif-behind-the-goal-angle-sandros-epic-90th-minute-block-v-southampton/

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/gif-sandros-epic-89th-minute-block-southampton-1-tottenham-2/?

• Like 1

Its strange smokes ! we go two up (playing well) and then start panicking (basicly,we don't keep the ball).

Plus points : Hudd looks like he is getting a bit of form / fitness back.

Dempsey probaly had his best game.

Caulker seems to be getting better every game.

Minus points : Livermore, seems to be too enthusiastic when he comes on thus he gives away silly fouls away plus passes going astray.

Friedel made a slight rickett so working on rij's criteria Lloris must play the next game !

Agree with almost all of that carmine. LOL vv yep good to see huddleston getting his game together and things are looking good with dempsey As for Lloris surely by your criteria of ignoring issues freda stays?anyway thought freda had a good game and if our defenders specially lhs defenders had been on their metal his OUTSTANDING save should have been enuf to stop them scoring. Regarding our second half performances it seems 2 b becoming an issue, I'm not saying its the answer and or the only issue involved, but looking at our bench we don't really have anyone to come on late sh and give the opposition defence something to think/worry ie about no one with pace that offers goal threat. Anyway, cant be complaining 2 much cant honestly say we've hit top form and fourth place with plenty more to come.

Edited by rijit

I think given time AVB is a class coach, Lets not forget Sir Alex done nothin for Manu in his 1st 3 seasons and a lucky win against notts forest in the fa cup saved his job, Given time AVB will do big stuff with spurs, lets not forget hes only just came on board and i like all of his 6 signings, when there settled in they will b a match for anyone, But we still need an extra class striker

Agree with almost all of that carmine. LOL vv yep good to see huddleston getting his game together and things are looking good with dempsey As for Lloris surely by your criteria of ignoring issues freda stays?anyway thought freda had a good game and if our defenders specially lhs defenders had been on their metal his OUTSTANDING save should have been enuf to stop them scoring. Regarding our second half performances it seems 2 b becoming an issue, I'm not saying its the answer and or the only issue involved, but looking at our bench we don't really have anyone to come on late sh and give the opposition defence something to think/worry ie about no one with pace that offers goal threat. Anyway, cant be complaining 2 much cant honestly say we've hit top form and fourth place with plenty more to come.

To be fair Rij, you keep talking about Lloris's mistakes but i can only recall a couple of times where he caught the ball at the second attempt, certainly none that have cost a goal or anywhere near it ! certainly nothing worst than Friedel coming out for a cross and getting nowhere near the ball on Sunday.

I thought he punched it, but whatever This freda /hugo thing is getting done to death but totally agree alfie it's so marginal and seems we've got 2 decent keepers on our hand's no such bad thing, i reckon freda in front at the mo and carmine and smokie reckon hugo, based, as far as i can get from them, he's the future!!!! and on that premise ure making freda 2 old, !!!! fine place to talk about age LOL. all i'm saying is let the french boy settle and prove himself , as freda's done MANY times b4 we jump in, simple really. and I'm far from convinced about the defensive side of our game that it would be a good idea to chop it around a t m which makes 4 me bedding in a new inexpirenced prem keeper in not a particularly good idea, as carmine said in prev posts lets get some consistency but as per defoe, cant argue 2 much with our return.

Edited by rijit

I thought he punched it, but whatever This freda /hugo thing is getting done to death but totally agree alfie it's so marginal and seems we've got 2 decent keepers on our hand's no such bad thing, i reckon freda in front at the mo and carmine and smokie reckon hugo, based, as far as i can get from them, he's the future!!!! and on that premise ure making freda 2 old, !!!! fine place to talk about age LOL. all i'm saying is let the french boy settle and prove himself , as freda's done MANY times b4 we jump in, simple really. and I'm far from convinced about the defensive side of our game that it would be a good idea to chop it around a t m which makes 4 me bedding in a new inexpirenced prem keeper in not a particularly good idea, as carmine said in prev posts lets get some consistency but as per defoe, cant argue 2 much with our return.

Well Rij it might be that none of us agree with you regards our goal keeping situation but i can tell you that El Hadji Diouf does and has given his full backing to Brad.

Well thats that then!

Does anyone know whats going on with Dembele? And Adebayor for that matter. We have City, Arse and Lazio away and on the trot next month. Ideally i'd king of like them playing

Well Rij it might be that none of us agree with you regards our goal keeping situation but i can tell you that El Hadji Diouf does and has given his full backing to Brad.

Well thats that then!

Does anyone know whats going on with Dembele? And Adebayor for that matter. We have City, Arse and Lazio away and on the trot next month. Ideally i'd king of like them playing

Ade is ill......................apparently !

Well thats that then!

Ade is ill......................apparently !

Massive sulk more like. We should buy Torres from Chelsea for 15m...

• Like 2

Adebayor has a back injury and a stomach bug but could return soon.

Dembele is still out with his hip injury.

Here's a link to an article i found.

http://www.london24.com/sport/tottenham/injury_fears_over_spurs_duo_ahead_of_norwich_clash_1_1673997

http://www.london24....clash_1_1673997

A strong team? I hope not!

Smokes, AVB seems to be of the thinking that playing a strong team in mid week isn't detrimental to the weekends performance !

Smokes, AVB seems to be of the thinking that playing a strong team in mid week isn't detrimental to the weekends performance !

Do we have a strong team to put out at the moment? Did I miss something??

Whether we have a strong team is relative to who we are playing.

The side facing the chavs last week was very week but still for example strong compaired to Soton. No disrespect intended.

In my view theres no problem fielding strong Spurs sides as long as he rotates which wobbly never did. He burnt out players then went running to his press pals claiming he needs to spend but Levy won't do it. He was an absolute gobshite Redknapp.

The player we are really missing is Dembele. He's the creativity. We've no one to fill that gap.

The side facing the chavs last week was very week but still for example strong compaired to Soton. No disrespect intended.

In my view theres no problem fielding strong Spurs sides as long as he rotates which wobbly never did. He burnt out players then went running to his press pals claiming he needs to spend but Levy won't do it. He was an absolute gobshite Redknapp.

The player we are really missing is Dembele. He's the creativity. We've no one to fill that gap.

Indeed. Huddlestone's passing game has yet to materialise this season!

Indeed. Huddlestone's passing game has yet to materialise this season!

He's definately getting into better shape and looks quicker but he's still far from the player that took control of a sinking ship in our first leg away to Young Boys.

Hudd's still the only player we have that can switch play with a 40 yard pass onto Bales "paw"

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

Meanwhile Sandro just gets better with every game! Love watching him play this season....top class!

Yes he's becoming a bit of a cult hero....especially after the block at St Mary's. He and Vertoghen have been our best players almost every game.

Cue Rijit what about Brad coffee1.gif

Cue Carmine No Rij you are wrongthumbsup.gif

Have you heard the rumours going about that Clattenberg called Gareth a monkey last time he reffed us. smile.png