Tottenham Thread

chonabot

It's a pity he can't look ten years into the future for the next time Levvy opens his wallet

I've already demanded Leighton Baines and I don't want the grey haired version thanks. tongue.png

nah smokey he's got man drippy written all over him,

too old and 2 much money, right up their street biggrin.png

I thought we could double our money next summer. laugh.png

even better for them then, far far 2 old and far far to much moneybiggrin.png

Been off line, not sure about the misinformation above from certain 'guests' to our thread. Seems Soldado is almost there

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/07/28/4148926/-?

It says personal terms agreed and now just fine detail over payments schedule. So good news at last.

Another report suggests Levy in London (instead of Florida holiday) to put pen to paper with Gareth. Fingers crossed. Then we can get training ready for Palace on 18th.

Been off line, not sure about the misinformation above from certain 'guests' to our thread. Seems Soldado is almost there

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/07/28/4148926/-?

It says personal terms agreed and now just fine detail over payments schedule. So good news at last.

Another report suggests Levy in London (instead of Florida holiday) to put pen to paper with Gareth. Fingers crossed. Then we can get training ready for Palace on 18th.

You should know better than that.

The only news sources allowed on this thread are from The Guardian, The BBC, and RijiitandAlfie.com

Anything else is scurrilous nonsense.wink.png

The Independent reporting Madrid are offering us100meuros+ Angel Di Maria and Fabio Coentrao

Why on earth would they want to do that? Gareth's a world class player but thats a ridiculous offer!

Am i missing something? Do they thing they are buying his stud rights or something?

• Like 1

If its good enough for Madrid.....

Whats makes me laugh smokes is that no one actually knows how much RM have offered if at all ! 86m, 100m, thirty bob cheesy.gif

I'm just waiting for Mystic jack and his crystal ball to make an appearence rolleyes.gif

Well going back through the posts, it would appear that my crystal ball is a lot more accurate than your knowledge and foresight.wink.png

And by the way, my crystal ball tells me that Gareth is on his way. whistling.gif

So show me where then, you need to get in the real world mate stop living in Peter Pan land laugh.png

The Independent reporting Madrid are offering us100meuros+ Angel Di Maria and Fabio Coentrao

Why on earth would they want to do that? Gareth's a world class player but thats a ridiculous offer!

Am i missing something? Do they thing they are buying his stud rights or something?

OK. I'll answer my own question. It must be rubbish because theres no way anyone would turn that down.

I wish something else would happen so they stop concocting these silly stories.

They will probably be talking about Soldado tomorrowsmile.png

I think it's 100 Million inclusive, but I may be wrong.

"There are suggestions that Madrid already made an offer last week for the player, at a value of €100m (£86.3m), although that is thought to include the transfer of Angel di Maria and Fabio Coentrao in the deal".

"There is skepticism in Spain as to whether Madrid could pay €100m in cash, certainly not without selling players first"

SUNDAY 28 JULY 2013 http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/spurs-gareth-bale-camp-hardens-stance-in-fight-to-force-madrid-move-8735693.html

Soldado is a good bit of business if this is true.unsure.pngHowever, it is part of a Daily Mail article.tongue.png

"Spurs were offered the 28-year-old for £15m in January but overlooked a player who went on to score 24 goals in La Liga.

PUBLISHED: 22:01 GMT, 28 July 2013

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2380429/Gareth-Bale-talks-reach-crisis-point-Daniel-Levy-flies-home-stop-85million-Real-Madrid-move.html

"The suggestion is that Madrid president Florentino Perez is keen to meet Levy in Florida and do the deal for Bale there."

And yet another report suggests Levy is flying back to complete the Soldado signing. This journalist lark sounds like a cushy number.

• Like 1

If its good enough for Madrid.....

Whats makes me laugh smokes is that no one actually knows how much RM have offered if at all ! 86m, 100m, thirty bob cheesy.gif

I'm just waiting for Mystic jack and his crystal ball to make an appearence rolleyes.gif

Well going back through the posts, it would appear that my crystal ball is a lot more accurate than your knowledge and foresight.wink.png

And by the way, my crystal ball tells me that Gareth is on his way. whistling.gif

So show me where then, you need to get in the real world mate stop living in Peter Pan land laugh.png

So you are of the opinion that Gareth is going nowhere. Based on virtually every news publications begging to differ AND bookies offering odds on that he will go, I am saying Bale will go during this transfer window. I dont need a crystal ball for that..... its just common sensebiggrin.png

So The Sun is reporting its £51m plus Di Maria and Coentrao. If it was up to you, yay or nay?

Smokie reckons Spurs priority is a good left back and Coentrao certainly has the credentials. Di Maria can be an exciting player, but if I recall jellydog correctly, I think he said Di Mario dives with a 3.9 degree of difficulty.....often!

That's the acquisition of two excellent players and 51 Million left to buy two or maybe even three more.

Heck they could be the new Man City.biggrin.png

• Like 1

So The Sun is reporting its £51m plus Di Maria and Coentrao. If it was up to you, yay or nay?

Not when the Independent quoting 86m + those two. laugh.png

Honestly this Bale business is a nonsense. I really think that people should remember that Spurs sell when its good for us not when the player (even if theres any actual truth in it) decides he wants to go. Berbatov went when we decided as did Modric. when we are ready to sell the matter will be taken further.

I hope Bale doesn't go the Spurs boys will go into hiding after all there assurances that he is staying whistling.gif

Why we always face the music! If you want quiet check out your thread mate. More noise in a morgue

Honestly this Bale business is a nonsense. I really think that people should remember that Spurs sell when its good for us not when the player (even if theres any actual truth in it) decides he wants to go. Berbatov went when we decided as did Modric. when we are ready to sell the matter will be taken further.

you're that confident carmine? rule of thumb is that whoever real madrid want, they get. that bale supposedly wants to go there would just put the tin lid on it.

It's a pity he can't look ten years into the future for the next time Levvy opens his wallet

<deleted> r u on about? 25 mil so far this window say's your talking <deleted>!!!AGAINbiggrin.png

It's ridiculous, these teams trying to buy the league!!

Agree MrB. Looks like we've bought Paulinho and Soldado for only a little more than Fernandinhobiggrin.png

well admittedly the deal with Valencia has add on clauses but still excellent business

Admittedly there does seem to be a lot of conjecture, but its not often that there is smoke without fire.

I think the big difference between Bale and Modric/Berbatov is that it seems Bale has handled things in a professional manner and has NOT been actively seeking a move away such as Modric and Berbatov.

However, again according to reports in several papers, it appears as though Bale and Levy had a 'gentlemans agreement' that should RM come in for him, then he would be informed and allowed to talk to them. IF that was the case and IF RM have made a bid, then I can understand Bale being p!ssed off with Levy.

As I say this is all conjecture, but if Levy had this agreement in place and RM have made a bid of anything over 80 million, then surely it is everybodys interest that Bale is allowed to go?

you're that confident carmine? rule of thumb is that whoever real madrid want, they get. that bale supposedly wants to go there would just put the tin lid on it.

I'm saying all the paper speculation about the sums involved is nonsense. They are picking figures out of nowhere. I'm also saying he'll go when the deal is right for us as we have done in the past with Madrid.

I really hope he goes asap if theres truth though in what they are supposed to be offering because its great for Spurs.

I've always said he'll go to Madrid BUT when its right for us and Madrid will be fleeced good and proper.

Edited by carmine

I understand what you are saying about Berbatov and Modric, but this lad is in a different category IMO.

He is, at the moment probably in the top 3 of the world. IF a world record bid comes in for him and IF he desperately wants to go to RM, then it would be grossly unfair to prevent him achieving, what might be his once in a lifetime dream. No-one knows the future, he might get better at WHL or he might go off the boil or get injured, then the dream fades. Or RM might sign someone else and drop their interest. Spurs should do the right thing by him, they bought for 7 have a clause with Southampton for about 2 (I think), they make a fantastic profit, buy class players and achieve CL status, Bale goes on to achieve his dream, everyone wins. At a world record offer Levy should sell the lad.

Edited by uptheos
  • Like 1

<deleted> r u on about? 25 mil so far this window say's your talking <deleted>!!!AGAINbiggrin.png

It's ridiculous, these teams trying to buy the league!!

Agree MrB. Looks like we've bought Paulinho and Soldado for only a little more than Fernandinhobiggrin.png

well admittedly the deal with Valencia has add on clauses but still excellent business

When did you buy Soldado?

I would have thought that with a chairman like Levy, who has form for snatching a loss from the jaws of victory, that you boys would at least wait until you actually see him wearing the shirt!laugh.png

Even if they have agreed the fee, Daniel wants to pay it off at a couple of quid a month for the next millenium, UNLESS he gets the money from the Bale sale first and even then its not a foregone conclusion.

Levy and his gentlemans agreement.............not worth the paper it's written on. :-)

You should remember that Marca ran exactly the same story about Modric having a so called gentlemans agreement to go to them if they came in.

Smokie reckons Spurs priority is a good left back and Coentrao certainly has the credentials. Di Maria can be an exciting player, but if I recall jellydog correctly, I think he said Di Mario dives with a 3.9 degree of difficulty.....often!

That's the acquisition of two excellent players and 51 Million left to buy two or maybe even three more.

Heck they could be the new Man City.biggrin.png

Di Maria always has a pocket of banana peels at the ready.thumbsup.gif

I'm saying all the paper speculation is nonsense. They are picking figures out of nowhere. I'm also saying he'll go when the deal is right for us as we have done in the past with Madrid.

I really hope he goes asap if theres truth though in what they are supposed to be offering because its great for Spurs.

I've always said he'll go to Madrid BUT when its right for us and Madrid will be fleeced good and proper.

the numbers always come out of nowhere mate. and then madrid invariably end up paying the fat end of whatever the highest one mentioned is and get their player. 80m+ for bale, who is still relatively unproven at the very top level, really is insane money.