Tottenham Thread

chonabot

He reckons he's two footed but stronger with his left. Maybe others don't agree with his assessment of his natural abilitybiggrin.png

Now in Bale there was a genuinely two footed player, as is supposed to be Townsend.

So if he's stronger with his left why can't he sort of beat men get to the bye line and cross it with his left like Leighton Baines, that's dangerous if of course you have someone in the middle who can get on the end of crosses?

They don't need two 'inverted wingers' on the field do they?

Thats the problem nowadays ups, generally centre forwards don't get on the end of crosses like they did in the old days, plus generally most teams only play with one forward, so getting too the byeline is non-productive, take Baines figs for Sunday

4) Leighton Baines delivered 11 crosses into the box, but just two found his Everton teammates.

So basicly Baines getting to the byeline and crossing was a waste of time and that was playing with a big centre forward whistling.gif

I did notice that alfie, after Soldado made that schoolboy(primary school) attempt at heading a perfect cross.biggrin.png

• Like 1

So if he's stronger with his left why can't he sort of beat men get to the bye line and cross it with his left like Leighton Baines, that's dangerous if of course you have someone in the middle who can get on the end of crosses?

They don't need two 'inverted wingers' on the field do they?

Thats the problem nowadays ups, generally centre forwards don't get on the end of crosses like they did in the old days, plus generally most teams only play with one forward, so getting too the byeline is non-productive, take Baines figs for Sunday

4) Leighton Baines delivered 11 crosses into the box, but just two found his Everton teammates.

So basicly Baines getting to the byeline and crossing was a waste of time and that was playing with a big centre forward whistling.gif

I did notice that alfie, after Soldado made that schoolboy(primary school) attempt at heading a perfect cross.biggrin.png

But baines wasn't crossing for Soldado facepalm.gif

Is Michael Caine a Spurs fan?

Chelsea

http://shed.chelseafc.com/shed_celebs.shtml

Jonny Vaughan used to drink in the Chelsea Ram in Burnaby St. Loves the sound of his own voice, which may not surprise many of you! i think you'll find though that theres a lot on there that simply prefer watching a game in that lovely area of London with all its gastro pubs and bistros as opposed to Tottenham, Isle of dogs for example

Chelsea

Jonny Vaughan used to drink in the Chelsea Ram in Burnaby St. Loves the sound of his own voice, which may not surprise many of you! i think you'll find though that theres a lot on there that simply prefer watching a game in that lovely area of London with all its gastro pubs and bistros as opposed to Tottenham, Isle of dogs for example

I prefer Julian Lloyd Webber biggrin.png

O's since he was a kid and success never changed him (his success not ours lol) A true supporter.

Edited by uptheos

Chelsea

I prefer Julian Lloyd Webber biggrin.png

O's since he was a kid and success never changed him (his success not ours lol) A true supporter.

Always amuses me Arsenal have the precocious fop Piers Morgan!! How embarrassing is that!

Always amuses me Arsenal have the precocious fop Piers Morgan!! How embarrassing is that!

He gets quite stroppy on twitter if anyone criticizes the Arsenal

No surprises there now as he is a prize plonker!

Morgan's currently engaged in a very amusing twitter spat with over opinionated aristo toff Jeremy Clarkson, with both seemingly quite content to make themselves look absolute tits.

• Like 2

Morgan is what we refer to as a "plastic" fan. When he was at The Sun he always used to try and hang around with the players and they all thought he was a <deleted>.

He's always gone to games on free tickets, and most Arsenal fans hate him (apart from the johnny-come-lately "Wenger Out" brigade who are shutting their fat mouths at the moment).

Oh, and he's such a fan he didn't even know who Serge Gnabry was when he came on, despite him playing in the pre-season matches.

And to cap it all he spent last season slagging off Ramsey something rotten, and now claims he "always had faith in him"!

He's just an embarrassing twit (excuse the pun).

• Like 2

heres some stats that i think will amuse you with regards English footballs talk of the town Andros Townsend.

And yes, i still think he's made a very good start to the season but…...

Played 9

Scored 1

Assists 0

Shots 40

biggrin.png Yes, he's still young with time to fine tune his game!

• Like 1

heres some stats that i think will amuse you with regards English footballs talk of the town Andros Townsend.

Played 9

Scored 1

Assists 0

Shots 40

I would imagine Bambi Lamela could have "equaled" those goals and assists totals with the amount of minutes Townsend has chewed up...maybe.wink.png

Played 9

Scored 1

Assists 0

Shots 40

I would imagine Bambi Lamela could have "equaled" those goals and assists totals with the amount of minutes Townsend has chewed up...maybe.wink.png

If 'inverted wingers' are so good, why is Spurs goals tally so poor and Soldado looking like a fish out of water? Surely when Soldado was at Valencia he received some service from the wingers, I know he scored four headers and I presume hit in some crosses. These 'inverted wingers' seem to have one thing in mind, cut in (or invert) and shoot. Old Soldado seems to spend most of his time getting out of the way of their shots!

Interesting team selections likely tonight. If we win, we top our group and avoid meeting anyone from the CL dropouts so important to win this and our last two group games become irrelevant.

Is Capoue fit to play? If so, rest Paulinho and Sandro and play Capoue with Dembele.

Is Rose ever going to be fit again!!!?

Lamela, Kaboul, Eriksen and Kane all need game time. Is Chadli fit to play. If so, he should feature.

Basically, we should be able to rest the entire pl starting eleven, bar Dembele that isn't stating all of them anyway.

Lamela was good tonight smile.png

We'll do well this season..oh hang on..we're already doing well!

Don't know about you but if i were AVB i would be tempted to start Lamela on sunday and switch Townsend to the left. The lad looks like he's getting his confidence back so keep playing him.

Defoe dreadful, despite the goal. No surprises there. Nice to see Kaboul back although very rusty and Capoue too. Seems a better ball playing defensive mid than Sandro, just needs to prove he can make those big tackles.

Looks doubtful Adebayor will ever play for us again which is a shame because if he and AVB could sort out their differences theres a fantastic playing waiting to play.

Big game on sunday. Need momentum going into the City game

• Like 1

Have to question the tactics again last night. We are playing what is little more than a pub team, at WHL, needing only one win from three remaining fixtures to secure top place in our group. So he picks a team with that useless dwarf Defoe on his own up top in a formation we all know isn't right for him!? I just don't get the logic. then Defoe grabs the headlines over man of the match Lamela because the useless twit managed to convert a penalty even though the rest of his input to the game amounted to sweet <deleted> all.

btw, Brad, aged 42yrs and some 170 days..your time is up. Time for a coaching role perhaps.

He should defenately play Lamela, right, Townsend left on sunday. The barcodes really won't like that. I also think if Eriksen doesn't start he'll lose his confidence along with his touch thats already gone.

Edited by carmine

Have to question the tactics again last night. We are playing what is little more than a pub team, at WHL, needing only one win from three remaining fixtures to secure top place in our group. So he picks a team with that useless dwarf Defoe on his own up top in a formation we all know isn't right for him!? I just don't get the logic. then Defoe grabs the headlines over man of the match Lamela because the useless twit managed to convert a penalty even though the rest of his input to the game amounted to sweet <deleted> all.

btw, Brad, aged 42yrs and some 170 days..your time is up. Time for a coaching role perhaps.

He should defenately play Lamela, right, Townsend left on sunday. The barcodes really won't like that. I also think if Eriksen doesn't start he'll lose his confidence along with his touch thats already gone.

The thing is carms that he obviously wanted to rest Soladado so that only leaves Defoe plus he aint going to change the tactics anyway !

I think Lamela would be better in the middle of the attacking 3 or perhaps play him on the left with erikson in the middle with the two of them alternating, he seemed to link quite well with Erikson although some of eriksons short passes didn't come off.

In the league games I still think there is something in Pleat talking about being more defensive in the first part of the season as how many times are we getting midfielders up with Soldado ? not many, another thing we need to do against these park the bus teams is perhaps put a few more balls over the top forSoldado/defoe to run on to, that would then start them thinkling a bit more and perhasp they may then drop back a bit !

The thing is carms that he obviously wanted to rest Soladado so that only leaves Defoe plus he aint going to change the tactics anyway !

I think Lamela would be better in the middle of the attacking 3 or perhaps play him on the left with erikson in the middle with the two of them alternating, he seemed to link quite well with Erikson although some of eriksons short passes didn't come off.

In the league games I still think there is something in Pleat talking about being more defensive in the first part of the season as how many times are we getting midfielders up with Soldado ? not many, another thing we need to do against these park the bus teams is perhaps put a few more balls over the top forSoldado/defoe to run on to, that would then start them thinkling a bit more and perhasp they may then drop back a bit !

i'd be just as happy seeing Lamela in the middle. Townsend, Eriksen Lamela as an attacking three and wouldn't it be nice to have the option of that lazy good sod Adebayor up top!!

I think he got headlines because he became your clubs highest goalscorer in Europe.

• Like 1

i'd be just as happy seeing Lamela in the middle. Townsend, Eriksen Lamela as an attacking three and wouldn't it be nice to have the option of that lazy good sod Adebayor up top!!

The three of them with a striker playing in front are the future....get them all playing together as soon as possible in any combination of the three....let them interchange as well.

I thought Lamela was excellent last night and good to see he has found the glue to add to his boots at last!

I'd play Lamela in the.....no on the left, with Erikson behind the....no, behind, just behind, with Townsend inverting from the.....no, maybe the right, yeah the right, i'd play Dembele behind Erikson, moving forward....no holding role, hmm Soldado can play running along the penalty box.....................come on guys just put a bloody team out. Are you sure Lloris should be in goal and not introverted somewhere laugh.png

Edited by uptheos
  • Like 1

I'd play Lamela in the.....no on the left, with Erikson behind the....no, behind, just behind, with Townsend inverting from the.....no, maybe the right, yeah the right, i'd play Dembele behind Erikson, moving forward....no holding role, hmm Soldado can play running along the penalty box.....................come on guys just put a bloody team out. Are you sure Lloris should be in goal and not introverted somewhere laugh.png

What formation do the o's play then ups ? rolleyes.gif

What formation do the o's play then ups ? rolleyes.gif

Dunno mate, but they're top of the league, unbeaten with the best GD.

Are you interested to know how to score from open play? biggrin.png

Barry just sent it through, but the wingers must be inverted not introverted.....Eureka!! That's it, Lamela thought AVB wanted him to be introverted, so he avoided people.

29.gif

Edited by uptheos

I think he got headlines because he became your clubs highest goalscorer in Europe.

fair enough, i was rather harsh on that "landmark." Well done Jermaine. Perhaps your club would buy him then and you can suffer the gut wrenching experience of watching him play for you.smile.png